the Rift

[OPEN] Trade my glory for passion

Tamlin Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2 years
Rover
Tamlin
As Tamlin released his foalhood friend from the second embrace and she asked him where he’d gone he grew very still for a few heartbeats. He didn’t exactly know what to tell her and her question forced the reason of his searched to the surface. And with that came the guilt, the sorrow and also a bit of anger. He smiled a half-hearted smile and just shrugged. He didn’t feel like talking about it just yet so he tried hard to think of a way to steer their conversation away from that topic.

As he studied Aviya’s face he noticed something odd about her horn. The glittering shard of glass seemed a bit short and its point was jagged in a way he didn’t remember it being before. He soon realized that Aviya’s horn was broken and Tamlin assumed quickly that someone else was to blame. He felt a sudden urge to find the one responsible and make him pay, but he stopped his racing thoughts before he became upset over something that may not be true. Instead he gave Aviya a little push and said with a mischievous grin: ”I see you’re daddy’s little girl still. Though breaking your horn just to look like him… Isn’t that taking it a step too far?”

Expecting that Aviya would want to punish him for his teasing words Tamlin prepared his body to jump to the side. But he was suddenly distracted by a movement at the corner of his blue eye and totally lost his focus. A familiar, but still strange voice called his name and the young colt turned his black head. His frosted mane waved slightly and his velvety nostrils parted to breath in the smell of the other horse.

Coming towards the two friends was a pale mare with an icy horn. Tamlin almost didn’t recognize Snö at first, but the cold gleam in her eyes brought his few memories of her back to life. He had been too young before to see his sister’s hatred and too naive to even consider that she didn’t like him. Besides, he was still living under the impression that most horses liked him just because of who he was. Though had he caught the look in Snö’s eyes just a few seconds earlier he might have learnt her true feelings towards him and maybe he could have avoided falling into her trap. But as it was he saw and heard only her performance of kindness.

”Hi, sis! I’m happy to see you again. he smiled at her and nipped at her white mane. ”I’m fine, I’ve been resting up in the Threshold for a few days.”

Unwisely, he decided to tease her a bit and continued: “Sorry. I didn’t keep track of your pet for you, but I am sure he is just lost somewhere - as I remember he wasn't really the brightest creature around.”

With a suffocated chuckle in his throat Tamlin turned to Aviya again. His face grew a bit more serious and he asked ”Aviya, you don’t happen to know where my mother is?” It did not occur to him that bringing up Lotus in the presence of Snö wasn't such a good idea.

Table by Neo

he sows in blood

Permission to use violence and magic against Tamlin at all times granted

Messages In This Thread
Trade my glory for passion - by Tamlin - 04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Trade my glory for passion - by Aviya - 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Trade my glory for passion - by Tamlin - 04-03-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Trade my glory for passion - by Mauja - 04-04-2013, 07:18 AM
RE: Trade my glory for passion - by Aviya - 04-04-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: Trade my glory for passion - by Snö - 04-04-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: Trade my glory for passion - by Tamlin - 04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: Trade my glory for passion - by Mauja - 04-20-2013, 11:40 AM