the Rift

[OPEN] A Good Neighbor [Ranked?/Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia's journey to the Throat had taken much longer than expected. Something about her physiology at the moment was not working on her favor, and she had taken a short break to speak to Murder, whom she thought had disappeared completely. Either way, she was looking forward to seeing the Dragon's Throat again; it was her old home and her old herd. She had grown in the sand and discovered herself, and she was pleased that she and Kri had left, finally, on good terms. Ophelia did not blame the strong mare for what happened to her with the pegasus twins, but the alabaster hybrid knew that she could not live with those two.

She felt her hooves slide from rock to soft sand that sank between the toes of her cloven hooves, and she paused, respectfully, just at the borders. The mare raised a brow at the beginnings of a massive wall that was being raised, and she could almost laugh at how absolutely, distinctly Kri it was to build a gigantic, protective shield. For a moment, she took a chance to simply inhale the ocean's air, the season's change making the heat of the south much less unbearable.

Ophelia narrowed her gaze slightly, wondering if she would recognize anyone anymore. However, the wall was high enough still that she could barely see into the oasis anymore. She could not help but feel sad though; what purpose did this serve but to close the Throat? What did walls do to the land? Something this obstructive was a hindrance to beauty that should be shared by all. Ophelia wondered what threat Kri felt to find such defenses necessary.

Futhermore, what would she think about her news? Would she scoff at the assassins? Would she think Ophelia foolish for being so upset about their gathering? Would she be grateful for the information? She never could tell with Kri, but she knew that whatever response she received, that it would be fair. Maybe she would only get a chance to speak with one of Kri's associates? Then, she could drop off that news and return north for a break.

[OOC: Phi is here to warn about the assassins :D If Sumati, Midas, Gaucho or someone ranked could come and take the news since Boom is busy, that would be awesome!]

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

Even as Orangemoon flooded the lands with a welcome chill to the air, the Throat remained almost impartial to the change in temperature. Even so, the large bay had grown accustomed to the heat. He had trained in the sands and the humidity relentlessly, constantly conditioning and training his body to accept the sweltering sauna to which he had pledged his life and loyalty. His coat gleamed with a light sheen of sweat - an indication that he had been on patrol for several hours now, yet he showed no outward signs of fatigue. The tall stallion glided overhead, unburdened by the walls of the Throat. His steely blue-gray gaze was trained on the grounds below. While pegasi could of course be a threat to the Throat, lately their threats had been mostly equine. Tee-oh The brute recalled with a mental grimace. Simply because he had not been seen as of late, was no indication that he was not still lurking about.

Gazing down, he spied a splotch of sparkly white amongst the reddish terrain below. Whatever it was, seemed to glisten and shine as if sprinkled with bits of starlight, that gleamed regardless of the daylight that filtered down. Drawn lower, like a crow attracted to a shiny object, Gaucho's large black wings hugged his muscular form, causing him to spiral down. Unicorns were not a common sight in the Throat - even a brute so simplistic and impartial to physiology like Gaucho, had begun to realize this, and yet an inkling of recognition stirred in the back of his primitive brain as he neared Ophelia.

Buffeting his wings to slow his descent, the massive bay landed with an uncanny grace a few feet away from the white mare. With a grunt, his dark nose twitched, causing the bone which pierced the soft flesh there to bob with the movement. His luxuriously long mane and tail was a stark contrast to the primitive marking that he bore on his body, as well as the war-paint adorning his hip and left eye. He let his wings remained splayed from his sides, and lightly danced forward with an aggressive energy in his step, as he eyed the intruder.
Lowering an antlered brow to get a better look at the shiny mare, the wheels and cogs of his mind slowly churned, trying to place her face. As he recalled the Invasion, a look of recognition bloomed across his stoically handsome features. "You fight" He advised, the timber of his voice rich and resonant, yet the words sounded awkward and ill-formed as he spoke. Folding his wings to his sides, as the idea of her being a threat waned, he grunted softly as his steely gaze greedily took in the slender and lean curves of her soft pelt.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

For all the threats obvious and implied that were made against the Throat, nobody had ever stepped forward to follow through. Even Catallatio seemed to have retreated into the shadows, slinking back to wherever he came from like a kicked wolf. And good riddance, too.

Navigating the turbulent thermals above the desert had become second nature to her. Even the loss of two primaries, ripped out by D'artagnan, she was able to continue her aerial patrols. Java normally flew beside her during twilight or nighttime hours, but today he slept on her back, drowsy in the hot sun. Having a nocturnal companion was interesting, to say the least. Their connection affected them both. She found herself feeling more active during the night, and Java had begun spending more time awake during the day.

Two forms below caught her attention, one winged, one horned. Recognizing Gaucho's brawny form, she dipped downwards, landing next to him in a small sand cloud. As the dust settled, she carefully folded her wings, giving her sparmate a friendly nod before turning her attention to the newcomer.

She recognized the dainty silver mare from the Foothills invasion. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about meeting the horse who had orchestrated that, who had exiled others from their home just so she could have their land. Finally, her expression settled on guarded politeness. "What brings you to the Throat, Chieftess?" she asked. Was she a little rounder than normal?

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi

Now that it was Orange Moon, Levi knew that he had missed out on many things. According to Aryel he missed a huge invasion that he could have fought in. It was most likely that he would have turned the offer down anyways because he fellow friend, Romani, lived there and he had no intentions of hurting her or her herd in any way. He thought what if it was his herd? Romani would never do that to him so he would never ever do that to her. He knew it would create a lot of tension, but he would have also been fighting with Aryel, Kri, Gaucho, and Midas. It would have been honorable to stand beside and fight with them and what an invisible pairing they all probably were! He very much enjoyed each of them and liked learning new things from each of their spars. Speaking of Gaucho… where had he been?

The wind gently blew through his mane and tail as he quietly swooped towards the oasis. His dark shadings glimmered in the sun as his body swiftly made its way in the sky. He was now much better from when he had come back into the Throat a few days earlier. Aryel had found him and been his savior… She saved his life and Levi was truly grateful for that. When he touched her it was a new feeling though something that he had never felt before. He wondered if maybe it was just because he was so out of it that it was nothing and just because he was imagining things…

It was a long time since Levi had seen Gaucho, and he actually wondered how he was doing. He had really enjoyed their last spar and recognized that Gaucho was an awful good fighter! He would make a great general or some kind of leader of battles. He was perfectly fit, was nice and tall, and did not give or show any mercy. Levi wished that he could have been like him when he was younger, just being able to fight. Although Gaucho seemed to be a bit nervous when they had first met, but now he had a home and a home that would love and take care of him… he was a part of the Dragon’s Throat family.

The sudden voice of Aryel rang in his ears as his silver orbs looked toward the direction of the sound. Spotting Aryel, what looked like Gaucho?, and a white mare came into view. Swooping down, Levi made his figure a bit more aerodynamic so that he would arrive faster. Slowly he let his dark edged wings spread out and gently glide to a stop next to Aryel. He knew this mare, it was Ophelia the one he had met in the marsh. She was very upset when he had met her and Levi did not know what was fully wrong, but tried to help her with advice even though he wasn’t very good at it.

Giving a brief smile of recognition to Ophelia, he looked at Gaucho and smiled nodding his head and then turned to Aryel beside him quickly giving her a gentle nudge. Finally, stepping forwards, he looked at Ophelia. “Hello Ophelia, how have you been? I hope everything has been alright since the last time we have met.” Taking a brief pause he looked off into the distance and then back “May I ask if you need any help or anything mam?" Pressing a kind smile, he wondered why she was here in the Throat.

"Talk talk talk."

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sumati the Sinbird

The wind whipped a gentle current as the seasons changed hands. I watched the sands parade around their bowl of desert, thrilled by the cool collision of Orangemoon air. I was pleased all in those moments, watching the wind stir its pot of dry herbs, preparing them for a meal called Frostfall that was soon to take its place at the life table. I knew that Sumä and I would need a preparation to begin if the mild seasons would take a turn for the worst in the moons to come.

But today was rather mild. The new found Orangemoon created a beautiful mid-day, wind working just enough to give the clouds a well deserved ounce of gaiety. I watched with envious eyes their whimsical frolic, thinking to my sleeping Sumä a picture of their whipped, glorious turbines. She stirred ever-slightly, dreaming of glittering honeyed hues, a paradisaical tone to the smooth image. This is how we communicated for now. She mostly slept in the long hours of the day, oddly nocturnal. There were no appropriate golden stars to draw her attention, but the night eased her as the blinding sun must be too hard on her eyes.

I glanced down to my raptor, sleeping so peacefully in the warm comfort of the leather tassel around my neck. I was gliding in the skies, perched at the peak of the dunes. Little Sumä dreamt curled in a warm ball of white fuzz, completely defenseless in my pouch. Patrolling was where we stuck ourselves now since the war of the Foothills was waning. It was technically over, but I stayed stark to Kri's affiliations. A murder of mercenaries thought to be powerful could so easily turn stale. I knew from experience. I thought a little more time here would give a better example in the long run, especially since Tio was still running rampant. No one would have noticed otherwise.

A song chimed from my breath to help my little darling sleep. Between gentle wing flaps my hymn descended, as did I when something peculiar emerged from the curious ocean. My bright eyes narrowed, a sigh escaped my throat, and my hooves pressed into the red grains. I recognized Ophelia immediately. Her pearly essence stood out against the red backdrop, she shone from the sky as the sun dressed a reflective sheen on her back. Her slender legs rooted themselves right outside our boundary. 'Respectful,' I noted. I saw my own flock of cohorts gathered, and again it seemed I was late. My own amazon legs rooted themselves there in the dirt as well, soft eyes glancing warmly to Gaucho first, and the others followed. I dipped my head diplomatically to the Chieftess. When my eyes returned to her dual-toned ones I immediately crossed my own gaze. Confusion slowly came to me, and the natural anxiety followed.

Had Tio come to stand with an army of sorts? Would more lives be endangered?

"Ophelia," my voice was cool enough to match the relaxing air. "what news do you bring to the Throat?"

credit
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I wasn’t much for the politics it took to get a wall up around the Throat. There were plenty of other things to worry about. If Kri wanted to seal our home from prying eyes that cared nothing for its sands—that was her business. I was around to make sure my soldiers remained in tip top condition, that training commenced as usual, and nothing strange happened while both things took place on a daily basis. This usually meant that my existence was kept busy, and when I wasn’t occupied with herd duties; there was always fathering and socializing.

Among these duties, patrolling was on the list. I and every warrior with a heartbeat were required to protect the boarders, including now the little wall of steel and earth. For those with wings an enclosure was pointless, we could just simply do what winged things do. Fly over it. We owned the sky, it was our birthright and privilege to soar in the vast openness. Today my sentinel work took me on the outside length of the blockade.

It was hard not to admire Coris’s handwork, and respect the amount of sweat that had already gone into what had been raised. My feet crushed down into my secondary element, ‘sand’ with quiet scuffles, and though body looked alert in its job; the mind was elsewhere. Sure, my head was up, ears perked and eyes searching for trouble. But they couldn’t stop flickering toward the northern forests. She was on my mind again, Ktulu and her family. It was hard to not constantly worry about them like a mothering hen.

It would seem that heaven would offer me some semblance of mercy for my lack of concentration. A gathering was taking place, without the presence of Kri, but everyone else of note seemed present; and at the center of it all. Ophelia. I apparently was coming up on the tail end of this conversation.

Quietly as I could, my body slide toward the group, “Good day my friends,” I murmured softly when close enough to be heard by all. This dwarfed frame cozied on up next to a massive creature that was Gaucho. Aryel and Levi stood on his other side, I offered all three a warm smile before turning my attention to the patched lady, 'Sumati', with a formal dip of my head. Finally I looked at my ivory colored friend with fond concern. Ophelia, she looked healthy, a little tired. Concern pressed me to extend muzzle to her in comfort, but now wasn’t the time or place for it.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.
Circe

The shadowmere wondered if Ophelia had once belonged to the dry, heat-wracked region that the Throat found its home in. The mare’s steps seemed laced with reverence, and Circe noted the contemplative gaze her Chieftainess walked with. The Pale Lady seemed delicate as well, even more so than her petite frame would suggest; Circe noted her liege’s tiredness and how heavily the latter seemed to breathe through her nostrils. Nevertheless, Circe dared not vocalize her musings; she supposed that the Pale Lady was stronger than she seemed to the naked eye, holding some sort of inner temerity that manifested itself in her unquestionable leadership through the invasion of the Foot Hills. It was no farce of fate that the Blasted Twins were the figurehead of such a powerful clan—and so, Circe kept her counsel to herself, confident that if Ophelia wanted for rest, she would ask of it.

So they went, traveling through the bite of the desert. Circe had never traveled this far south before—and she guessed she would never do so again. Born in the summer-time wind she may be, the sorceress did not find the scorching sands and dry wind agreeable in the slightest; she would be rather relieved to make their way back to the verdant grasslands of home.

They neared those hellish herdlands and entered the hold of the Dragon’s Throat, almost immediately being besieged by a multitude of winged ones. Some inner part of Circe grimaced in distaste as she gazed upon these warriors of the sky; though the sorceress was not racist in the slightest, Circe didn’t fancy the thought of fighting a son or daughter of the wind. Would it be impossibly? Surely not, yet it wouldn’t be easy or suggestive either. With a soft snort, Circe wondered who would be so foolish to believe themselves able to best a herd of this sort of might. It was childishly foolish—or perhaps it was the guise of a death wish? Another soft snort; still foolish.

Standing silent and alert for the safety of the Pale Lady, Circe noted the respect and graciousness the winged warriors spoke with towards Ophelia. Perhaps the Blasted Twins were more infamous than Circe realized; who were these horned mares that Circe served so willingly to be treated with such respect even in this barren land? The shadowmere had her work cut out for her.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia was pleased that Circe had joined her on this journey. She had not before met Lakota's friend, at least not personally, and Ophelia found that the dark gray mare served as peaceful company. Circe did not speak much, but neither did Ophelia. She arrived politely on the border and smiled kindly at her friend and comrade, offering a gentle thank you with a touch on the neck, should she accept.

The pale one was surprised at how many had shown up to her arrival, all of their faces kind and open. She felt at home and torn. Many of these individuals used to be her own herd mates, but now she ran a band that could possibly threaten their existence for the right price. Was that right? Was anything about taking payment for the downfall of others okay? The thoughts shook her to the core, but she hid her emotions well, smiling back at a familiar stallion who had fought for the Foothills along side the Grey. He was a distinct figure with tribal markings on his dun hide and a pair of massive antlers strapped to his head. The voice that thundered from his through was fitting, she thought, and Ophelia nodded.

"I did fight," she replied with a nod. "I remember you. What is your name?" she asked curiously.

Aryel, another fighter, and Levi, from the marsh, shared much the same questions, though Levi's hit much more personally. Her eyes darkened ever so slightly at the silver grullo pegasus and she nodded once, feeling a familiar, bitter ache move into her chest. "I have been better. I am sorry for leaving that meeting so abruptly, but I did not need Tor getting herself into trouble - which she did." One with authority appeared next, whom she assumed to be Sumati, and Ophelia smiled politely, dipping her head to her and Midas.

A heavy sigh moved past Ophelia's lips. "A group exists who calls themselves the Assassins," she explained. "They are lead by a mare called Ignita, a black mare with scars, dark blue eyes, and a distinctive white blaze. We have captured two of her followers, Tonka and Demetrie. You are welcome to come back and study their appearances so that you may recognize them in the future." The alabaster mare now turned tactician, her clever mind working through data in a precise and logical fashion. "From what I could tell from Demetrie's mind, the group aims to kill according to their own code and their first goal is to over-take the Edge. In no way are they affiliated with the Grey."

The chieftess looks at Sumati while she speaks, though her eyes do dart around to her other friends and neighbors. "Right now, with two of their followers in our possession, the group is small and crippled. Demetrie is but a child, just under two, I would guess. Tonka, I think, would be their most dangerous ally, but he lacks discipline. While this potential threat is in its infancy, I have taken the proper steps to quell it before it truly starts. We must stay vigilant against those who want violence and destruction without appreciation of the balance." Ophelia tiredly smiled. "Or, at least that is what I believe, but you deserved to know."

The alabaster mare dipped her head respectfully. "Will one of you accompany me to the Edge to speak with Mirage or her comrades? I believe they need to be the most alert on this matter." Ophelia looked back and smiled at Circe. "Will you join as well?"

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

They were all here.

Almost every sar-gent and warrior that Gaucho knew of had instantly appeared as the white mare had approached. Had they too seen her glimmering and glistening shape? Like a white mirage, so similar to the mirages of their desert home? Even Levi, the one who had welcomed Gaucho into Helovia, and had all but disappeared, had popped up. Aa Gaucho's primitive mind counted the number who emerged, a frown began to appear on his dark features.

There were all here - that was the problem. Who was guarding the borders?

As the pale mare spoke, Gaucho directed his attention towards her, understanding her inquiry of his name easily. He had been practising. "I Gaucho." He advised with a grunt, and an emotionless bob of his head. Looking to My-dus, the warrior lowered his antlered brow almost apologetically. "Lots here. Gaucho patrol. " He mumbled, raising his eyes to Midas, with a wince in his steely blue-gray gaze.

Turning, without uttering a good-bye to the group, Gaucho launched his dark body into the air, rising swiftly to once again resume patrol of the sands.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Ophelia’s pearly head bows to me with simple acknowledgement, I smile back at her and wait for the conversation to begin. Before it can, my most fateful soldier starts to drawl, "Lots here. Gaucho patrol.” the mighty fiend meets my curious eyes, and before I can interject a single syllable he unfurls those mighty wings; leaving the group. I frown a little, my clan brother had been more than welcome to stay—but I could understood the hate of politics and desire to return to our duties. Ophelia starts to speak, my lips return to their former curved position and bottomless orbs shift to give her my full attention.

I listen quietly as our pale friend announces new information over some troubling news that had recently developed. Ktulu’s sister spoke of a youthful clan, freshly forged from the schemes of yet another entrepreneur. It would seem that the flock of neutral had been copied, but by a group who had stupid intentions; lord only knew the trouble this advisement could ensue. Why would anyone want to attack jointed herdlands? We were ally's, a strong group of three. Even though I didn't feel threatened in the slightest, this information gave good enough excuse for adding to an already high stress list. I put this bold girl, Ignita, behind all the other fools that waited for attention. These ‘Assassins’ weren’t a problem today, but a thorn had a tendency to fester later if left unattended.

Then again. I was only a General; my lips stayed sealed and personal thoughts remained were they should be. [In the mind.] Politics weren’t part of the contract and it simply wasn’t my forte to be surrounded by the game of mercy vs. death. Despite m ’lords warnings that neither could be avoided forever I was going to try with earnest to deflect from having to meddle in affairs that delve past shutting up and suiting up. I hold silence until our visitor asks for assistance.

Even though I couldn't make a decision on whether or not we would hunt down Assassins. I could offer protection to this woman in her quest to alert our sister clan.

Without hesitation I step forward and say with humble honor, “I offer my services to you Ophelia, if you would have me; and if my Sultana has no qualms. Yes. A sergeant or lower ranking soldier could have gone, but…I hadn’t gotten to spend much time with Ktulu’s sister, and if our relationship was to be made of stronger bricks. I must make an impression on the family. This was in my option, one way of making a lasting mark.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Feeling Levi's touch at her shoulder, Aryel's passive expression lit up into a warm smile, and she returned his nuzzle. Showing affection was no doubt against normal etiquette for meeting visiting dignitaries, but when had Aryel every shown concern for etiquette? Besides, what was a nuzzle among friends? Or more than friends, maybe...

She moved the thought out of her head as more horses joined them. First Chancellor Sumati, who received a respectful nod from the Sergeant, then General Midas, also nodded at, and finally a Foothills horse she did not recognized. Aryel regarded her with cool politeness, much as she did Ophelia. In her eyes they were not evil, but no matter how she looked at them, all she saw were the ranks of previous Foothills horses, pitifully small, massed against Ophelia's lot.

She listened as Ophelia explained her reason for visiting. So, there was another warrior band on the loose? Her brows furrowed as a moment of understanding came. No. Another mercenary band. Keeping herself from scowling was difficult. Did Ophelia really want to warn them, or did she just want them to protect the monopoly her group wanted to maintain?! "With all due respect, Chieftess," she said before her better judgement could stop her, "isn't that group much like your Gray?" Outright accusing her would be stupid even for Aryel, but her irritation had gotten the best of her. Their threat against the Edge caused her to worry momentarily, but if it was as small as Ophelia claimed, what was the problem? Why should they care about this tiny Assassin band? They had some of the best warriors in Helovia. Aryel didn't approve of mercenaries without morals in the first place, and what she had seen of the Gray in combat had placed them in this category. Of course, the uniequine would only care about her own people.

She snorted quietly as Ophelia asked one of them to travel to the Edge, listening as Midas volunteered. No need for her, then, not that she had any interest in going. She would be removing herself from the meeting presently, she only wished to hear Ophelia's justification. Swinging her gaze back to the silvery mare, she waited, irritation visible in her hooded eyes and stiff posture.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
I have found my time in the Throat less successful than I had hoped. My attempts at further understanding this Tio character and the threat he poses have given me the knowledge that he was taken hostage by the Foothills, and I have only just now heard (apparently it happened some time ago) because rumors take so much longer than a good direct source and are not as believable. As it was I had to hear it a few times before I let myself trust it. I think I can let that issue lie, for now.

Then I have come to find that my desire to speak with the previous member of the Plague has also ended in futility. He too has found himself bound in irons and alas I fear he will dead before the 'morrow. I will have to investigate beyond the lands if I wish to find anything further on that topic, but I will save such traveling for later.

There is also Ree to consider. Prior to arriving here I didn't know she'd resided her, but as of today I've caught a few glimpses of her in the distance or in passing, but one way or the other we're both too busy to stop. Maybe I'm kidding myself though, maybe she's just avoiding me. The thought makes me frown. I try not to dishearten myself, but it's difficult when there is so much disheartening to be had.

With a dismal sigh I meander through the desert finding a pang of homesickness lurch in my gut as I remember fondly the veil of fog the Edge would so gracefully place between my hide and the sun. It is hot here and the heat is oppressive and there are few shadows for a spectre to cling to. I wonder if Kaj and Rishima have had more luck. Mostly I've been feeling alone, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

My interest is piqued then when I see a gathering ahead. I pause, my initial instinct to join beaten down with the knowledge that it is not my place to join, not here. Yet... I must know, I did not leave my rank behind me and we are sisters after all aren't we? Still, to be safe - I disperse into a black mess of ink, reforming as a snake rich in obsidian hue. I stick to what shade I can find, slithering with a trail of darkness following me like some sort of deranged snail. It burns off fast enough, but hopefully no one is paying enough attention to notice it appear before then.

Coiled up in a nearby shrub I listen to what Ophelia has come to offer, and in doing so, can strike my last objective off my list. The Assassins then are no longer a threat either. I think I've been slower to learn in my attempt to expand than ever before. Maybe I'm just a lonely crow in the edge of the world, but at least I'm a knowledge lonely crow. Now I'm just a dumb snake boiling in the desert.

Why anyone would ever want to get out and explore the world I'll never know. You find something good and comfortable you should stay there.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi

“She’s a chieftess?” Levi wondered listening to the others talk to her with such respect. Concentrating on Ophelia talking, he was suddenly interested in going to see the new group of Assassins. His silver orbs looked towards Ophelia before giving a slight nod, knowing she wanted to change the subject about before. He knew that she wasn’t in a good mood that day, so he dreaded to not push it any further. Looking towards the other direction to make it not as awkward, he saw Sumati and Midas come into view. Dipping his head with a gently bow, he gave both of the members a kind smile before turning back to Ophelia and the mare that then stepped beside her. Dipping his square head once more he respected the other mare. “Ophelia, it would be an honor to come with you, but with Midas going and Kri not here, I don’t know if I will be able to assist you, although I would very much enjoy coming to see who these Assassins are.” Giving a nonchalant look, he coolly talked to her. He was responsible for his hers first, so he figured that he would need to stay here… for Kri.

The others were talking, but more so Levi wondered why there were so many mercenary groups. His ears perched forwards as if he was listening, but his mind was in the clouds. So many useless thoughts scrambled through his mind. He was confused and unable to focus on really anything when suddenly he came to his decision. “Ophelia, I have decided that I cannot go. I have a duty to my herd, I’m sorry and thank you for the information and the opportunity.” He gave a quick bow as smile was plastered across his face. Turning around he jumped off into the sky and disappeared.

[ OOC: Sorry the post was so short!]

"Talk talk talk."

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sumati the Sinbird

I waited patiently on the outside, for the mare’s return of words. But in the meantime, I study her strange eyes politely, wondering where she had earned such colors. You could definitely get lost in those eyes of hers, and that simple note told me to be careful. Something to me seemed odd perhaps, about the girl herself.

For now I trusted her. If the Grey was diligent enough to walk all across Helovia with a string of cohorts, they were by far the most important thing to me. The Throat would have to keep from crutching over such a good neighbor.

Ophelia’s small talk finished as her odd gaze swept my presence; she readied herself behind all of the youth and spoke with a perseverance that surprised me. My ears tipped forward and drank in her information.

I inhaled deeply, pressing an instant thought to the back of my mind, hoping to not interrupt the Grey’s lead. Her first few words were the last words I wanted to hear. I wanted her to thank us, thank us for sending out a lead, a general, a sergeant, and warriors to invade a land that meant nothing to us. But she spoke more of it. And that inhale turned into a disappointed sigh. But I still held myself up and listened carefully to her descriptions of the mare, Ignita, visualizing her scars, her inky shadow of a pelt, dark blue eyes, and a blaze that would probably define her the most to me. If I could find her and kill her, all of this meaningless shit would probably cease. It sounded to me like an underlying threat, nothing a Sinbird couldn’t handle.

But still I diplomatically listened, narrowing my eyes, and wrenching up my face to show disgust for them. I was disgusted with them and that was only because I had no clue of their size or status. I only knew that with a name like The Assassins they were either playing dress-up under their mother’s teat or deliberately trying to get themselves killed.

Kri needed to know of this group, and I was pondering whether or not I should go with the Grey’s lead to the Edge to see the look on Mirage’s face when we inform her they want to destroy her herd and take it for their own, or sit back and watch the action unfold. Both were tempting, but while Kri was elsewhere I felt the need to take these matters into my own hands. Ophelia was right; we needed to exterminate any threat because a life at loss wasn’t a risk we would ever take.

As the pristine mare finished, my hazel gaze frowned into the sand, face etched deep in thought. I lifted my head, and cleared my throat to speak.

"Ophelia, first I'd like to thank you for being such an honorable acquaintance to the Throat. We accept your kindness with all respect," my speech paused slightly, but quickly moved over the flattery. "I hope you wouldn't mind if Gaucho and I accompany you to the Edge's borders. I feel we need to warn them as quickly as possible, and with Kri elsewhere we don't have the time to look." My head turned to Midas, and I smiled politely, hoping he wouldn't mind a small favor. "Midas, I hope that a slight pause in your General duty doesn't upset you, but I need you to find Kri and inform her of the Assassins. Even with their members low, I feel we still need to exterminate them as quickly as possible, even if they are not a direct threat to the Dragon's Throat. Their existence is simply odd and that tells me that they are a threat to anyone."

He need agree and we'd be off.

Sumä stirred in her sleep with my strong chat, and I'd almost forgotten her there. Surely the little eagle was ready for her first journey across Helovia.

credit

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.
Circe

The heat beating upon the back of the shadowmere was beginning to be tiresome; Circe found herself more and more wishing that they would quite this thirsty place, wanting to be rid of the sand in the frogs of her feet and the cloying scent of feathers that clouded the territory. It seems she had underestimated the numbers of the winged here previously—the place was quite literally swarming with them. Though one brutish sort of warrior left in his obligation to protection and duty, they were still completely overrun with the creatures. As weary as Circe was with the heat, the sorceress kept her vigil and her attention firmly in effect. The Throat were friends, having helped them win their herdlands—but Circe took the warrior’s creed to heart. The Grey didn’t make alliances. They were loyal to themselves, and if there was just the trace of danger, Circe wouldn’t hesitate to let her hooves fly and kick.

"With all due respect, Chieftess…isn't that group much like your Gray?"*

Circe suppressed her snort; turning, she found the azure mare who dared speak such insolent words. Diplomacy was everything, though really, Circe was most offended by the insinuation. The touch of annoyance in the Sergeant mare’s countenance was not lost on the shadowmere; was Circe in the presence of a pacifist? Please-- what childishness.“No,” Circe replied in her husky way, answering such a ridiculous, vexing inquiry in the stead of the Pale Lady, “We are not cowards.” Her expression was empty, yet her tail seemed to weave and curl behind her slowly, a sultry sort of taunt. What is it you are saying, Sergeant? Are we soulless, dumb beasts to you? Do you resent our strength? The shadowmere couldn’t stop the ghost of a smirk from shifting her features. Tough.

*"Will you join as well?"*

Tearing her eyes away from the blue Sergeant, Circe found herself looking into the kind gaze of Ophelia. Her demeanor softened somewhat. “Of course, m’lady,” Circe said, her voice low and sincere, “I’m here to watch your back, and watch your back I shall.” She dipped her head a little, letting her eyes wander and gaze upon the hoard of winged warriors who would be accompanying them. She suppressed a slight shiver, despite the blistering heat. She would be happy to be gone with this place; the shadowmere doubt there would be a haven for her in the stinging oasis of the Dragon’s Throat. She was eager to be rid of this place.