the Rift

[BASIN] From the Ground.

Arielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Arielle
i say fuck it, lets kill them all

Could one possibly understand what it was like to lose all that you had ever known. Every inch of all you've ever grown accustomed too taken from your grasp. Like a cold hand rising to your throat, as you lose all hope and back down like a coward. They've taken all my dreams and crushed them to a million pieces. Turned my life from wonderful to hell. Pegasus and equines, they are no different than I but choose to think they are just as great as my own kind. Perhaps this is how we were meant to believe. As though with a bone protruding from our head that we are the greater of them all. As a bird I find you are a messenger, meant only to scour the skies in search for wisdom and letters. A normal should see that they are only here to mow the lawns. Chew down the grass that grows too tall for the fillies and colts to prance through. We though, our great piercing swords, we are meant to be the ones. Those who hold the mighty power, who are to kept order, those who will keep life in tact. Meant for power, destruction, and love.

Unicorns, my family, will rise to the top. Despite my fuming hatred for those who took my old home and family, I know this is destiny. It is time to fight back. Growing cold and bitter was not my choice but I feel as though there is no where else to turn. My face rises to the sky as I look with piercing silver eyes, a sky with streaks of white running rampant throughout without an end or gate. No place or thing to say no more. An echo though soon reaches my ear and the sound sends shivers through my spine. Alone and vulnerable from a long travel, I have grown weary and tiresome. The vibrations that tickle my eardrum leave my thoughts running wild of creatures so disgusting, reaching from my throat. Clamping and tearing out my soul. Someone must come along eventually. I cannot stand alone with such a weak body and weary mind. This vulnerability is not myself, I am strong. Though I can not help myself.... Something is killing me slowly.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Autumn was coming, cool, crisp winds to tug playfully at his mane and chase away the warmth during the long evenings. The sun still lingered to light the nights, and sheltered in their valley to the north the unicorns of the Basin were protected from the oncoming cold. Hot springs beneath their earth warmed it, made it green when all around was bleak white or the deep dark of the mountain crags. And the summers — with distaste he remembered the last one, when trees had withered, grass wilted and dried, crumbled to dust, how brooks and rivers had run dry. He was surprised they all hadn't sweated out the last of their fluids and become dried-out husks like the rest of the world. But the summer in the Basin had been pleasantly cool, always a shadowed cave to hide in from the sun's stark rays, and the winds blowing off the snowcapped mountains had certainly kept the temperature pleasant. All things considered, the Aurora Basin was not a bad place, but it was not home in his heart.

Back among the Threshold trees again..back south, where the trees were green. The few ones standing in the Basin were either deciduous, or hardy birch already turning the color of flames. Winter came early up north.

And sometimes, winter came south; Mauja, regal and graceful, was draped in the finest of snowy white, frost upon his horn and within his cool blue eyes. The trees rose around him, and once it had been familiar, a comfort, but used to the open expanse of the Steppe and the hidden vale, he felt confined, caged.. trapped. His alert gaze roved through the gaps, every sense alert, ears and nose twitching to each sound and smell. Of course, the predators of Helovia often chose weaker prey, but ever since the encounter with the giant wolf-beast, he'd been wary of forests. Flicking his tail, Mauja sighed and moved on, deeper. Paranoia only restricted you, yet it was sometimes hard to shake it off his back.

For some time he'd been heading towards someone, a mare by the scent of it, a newcomer. Though he could detect no smell of feathers, he didn't know whether or not she bore a horn upon her head. If she didn't.. well, he'd just smile politely and be on his way. And if she did.. his eyes narrowed a fraction, hooves finding a path through the winding trees. Glacial, but soft like snow all the same, Mauja swept through the forest until he found her: regal of build, bay in color, her mane and tail full and dark. She seemed to have a sound body, even though he thought she had the haunted look many newcomers had. Red bordered her eye, and rising proudly from her forehead was a horn fading to a black tip.

He whickered, the noise mostly just a rumble in his chest, as he did not wish to startle her should she somehow have failed to see his white body against the green backdrop. He stuck out like a sore thumb in these southern areas. "Welcome to Helovia, sister," he called when a little closer, drifting forward like snow in the wind until he stood some two yards off, his head tilted slightly to the side and his forelock sliding off it to hang like a veil before his right eye. "I am Mauja, of the Basin. What do you seek here?" A new start? A home? A home among unicorns? Peace, love, war, death, life, power? Few seldom spouted nonsense in response to his question, the one he asked them all as they came in here, but someone had to be the first, hadn't they?

The small smile he usually wore curved his dark lips, something warm in his blue eyes as he waited for her reasons — if she had any at all. Some just happened to come here, but they came to Helovia and no further. Only the ocean lay beyond their other border.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered

Arielle

Another smell did not sway from my nostrils, no it filled them. Intoxicating them with the most overwhelming smell of a stallion. It had been so long since I had encountered another being to remember how powerful the scent of another could be. Despite how slow he had come upon me, I was still considering him to pass by, not stumble upon my path. I do not mind though. Not at all. Whether he be horned, winged, or bare. Company was company. There is a thrill to each.

Grace was in each step he made and I couldn't help but notice the power behind each beat. He bore a horn and I could not help but hold a gracious smile, all the while a low sound came from his chest. This stud was a rather handsome fellow, perfect in shape and color. Even with the white (color of the angels) I felt some hence of darkness for him. Too perfect to be anything so golden and sweet. Ice is his horn and eyes, so his soul must be condemned to such feelings too. Perhaps even as his voice begins to break the silence, continuing to stride my way, my mind is altered and I am left confused in judgement. Low tones seemed so harmonic and gentle to my ears I almost fall to my knees in trust I can sleep before him without harm coming my way but no. I stand tall and watch him with untrusting eyes. He is of my blood yes but I know not of his deeds or where his loyalty lies. So instead I slink towards him, eager to close the rest of the distance and prove I am no coward. I am sly in my steps... almost too sly. Looking evil in my dance to approach him but surely he is not moved by my sleek steps.

Words come from his mouth once more and I am given a name. A name so unfamiliar and unique, never heard quite the title before. When his forelock drifts to one side I am forced to take in the rest of his beauty. I note scars and a feathers within his mane, find spots like that of a leopard but only the color of a zebra. Yes a zebra. The odd descendant of us, a normal equid with the tail of a cow and stripes along its body, black and white. This Mauja though, he holds no such traits. A tall handsome fellow and by the looks of it he is young. Above his eyes do not cave in like the elders of my old family. "I come by travel, I do not know what I seek, perhaps a family." I pause, "I have been rid of mine." gray eyes grow cold and sleek. Very distant and unsure. What could possibly come of my future?

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 2dh77yo.png]
A R A H

Haunted by my eyes,
the way they hold your attention,
even in the loudest silences.

She approached quietly, keeping her steps small and delicate. Stopping a short while away, her eyes find rest on Mauja, a smirk then comes to her lips. She watched him for a moment and then listened to his words and the reply from the other mare. She was slightly haughty in her approach, halting about meter away from both of unicorns, respectful tipping of her antlers to Mauja and then her golden eyes came to the mare. She quickly changed her smirk to a genuine smile and gently she spoke to the other mare. "Most of us, all know the pain of being removed form our families." She felt her smile flee as she remembered her own pain. She studied the mare under a slightly calculating gaze. Arah herself had also come to Helovia seeking a family. She wondered if the mare was being entirly honest as her eyes ran over the bloody coloured coat. She did seem very genuine.

Fixing her smile in into place she remained silent for a moment, then she titled her head slightly and spoke gently again. "My name is Arah. I too, reside in The Basin, we are very much a family there," she spoke nothing but the truth to the mare. Arah's eyes where wide and honest, she heard her love for The Basin in her vocal tones. Almost chuckling at the thought that she spoke more lovingly about The Basin than what she did her partner, Crash, she walked closer to the little group. "We are always welcoming members." She fell silent with nothing else to add to her small monologue.

She had kept her distance, standing closer to Mauja than the other mare. She, after her rather recent kidnapping still didn't trust strangers. Probably never would again, it also helped that this mare was a unicorn. She found herself hating hornless ones now, racist? Maybe...

Focus on the meeting, don't let your guard down!
Her eyes came back to studying the other party members, every now and then she would become more comfortable and take a step closer to the others.

Notes; Jumping in here because...well I'm bored xD Hoping I'm not interrupting :|
Words; 350
Tag; Mauja, Arielle and Open

Credits
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽
Ascended Helovian

She wasn't going to just stand there, and watch him approach with those steely eyes. Once she'd realized he was heading for her, that he wasn't just passing by, she moved to meet him, but in a way so different from his own approach. Where he was regal, somber, she was dancing, and something in the sway of her body, the light touch of her stride, reminded him of cats, and of Keahi, that black whore who had set his home on fire. Dimly he was aware of Arah being nearby, but his attention remained on the bay mare, the subtle twists of her walk. Somehow, he had the feeling she was hunting him, testing him, slipping forward like a cougar in the shadows, waiting for the deer to bolt.

He wouldn't, though. He wouldn't run from her.

She halted, and Arah drew out of the shadows. For a moment, Mauja's pale head turned, his blue eyes seeking out her shape, tracing the familiar contour, the stretch of milky white hide across her lean muscles. It always amazed him how her hair grew so long, and why she didn't cut it off in frustration. Didn't it get tangled? Did she ever trip on it? A slight smile played on his face as he inclined his head, returning her greeting, and then his attention shifted back to the newcomer. She spoke, and his 'brows furrowed slightly. Many had been torn from their families, or watched them die; some had simply lost them, or left. Slowly he blinked, watching as the mare's eyes grew cold and distant.. he thought she withdrew from the pain, the memories, away from hope and expectations. "I'm sorry for your loss," he interjected quietly after Arah had first spoken, then fell silent as the antlered mare introduced herself, and resisted the urge to arch a 'brow at her. A family? She certainly hadn't tried cuddling up to Deimos, he thought wryly. But then again, it was true what she said — Deimos might not open show affection to anyone, but Mauja suspected there was more than sadism behind his support.. more than mere cruelty behind the General's patrols and captures of dangerous creatures.

Somewhere, deep within, Mauja suspected Deimos actually had a heart.

A small smile twisted his lips again, hearing Arah boldly declare they were always accepting new members. Had he been the type to cling to his power like a drowning man clinging to floating debris, perhaps he would've scolded her for it — as it was, he merely reinforced it with a slight nod. It was true, in a sense, and Mauja felt no need to attract attention to the fact that he was.. what? Psyche's not-entirely-official co-leader?

Arah fell silent and he felt no need to add anything to what she had said. After all, it would be redundant to extend the invitation once more. Instead, his head resumed its curious tilt, and when he spoke it was in that gentle, open way of his, the kind of voice that suggested you could confess all sorts of dark sins and he would not judge. "What is your name?"

Unregistered

Arielle

These eyes watched me and known no fear, he was not lead astray by my 'daunting' approach and I am intrigued by the way he holds his ground without question. Its a wonderful thing to see a being so confident and sure of themselves that fear does not strike them, or uncertainty lead them afar... I know how it feels to hold childish feelings or shake from fear, its such a weak thing. Strength is all I will ever know again. I have the physical power to carry out demanding tasks and the necessary qualities required to deal with stressful or painful situations. No longer weak in soul or body. Perhaps now I am a bit malnourished and tired but I am not beaten nor rugged, capable of all things to protect my own self. He though, he has quite the unnecessary amount of confidence that I question myself of his ranking. Of course he looks regal and gorgeous but I seemed to feel like perhaps all this loveliness was covered up and grounded by some god awful ranking of just a somebody. Another being out in the world left to parish away without notice, besides the few other nobody friends of his. No though, he must be of some high importance.

A mare though approaches the scene and my eyes come unglued from Mauja. Sinking slowly from the top of her, dare I say, odd horns to the tips of her hooves. I watch her, cover distance from beginning to end. A beauty she is, that is certain. Her words even add to her contrast. Nice even tone though she strays too when speaking of family. It is quite the hard thing to swallow, their death. Plenty of times I have made myself forget and forced the memories to the back of my mind but it is never enough to keep them from haunting my dreams and every breath. Probably the reason I've become so cold, grown so distant, and lack any hold to my tongue. Though I am quite confident in the presence of two of my own, rather relaxed and content that I am not furious and raging inside. 'Tis a wonderful medication.

My face inclines in greeting as I listen to her tones bark at my own. Ah she has been noticing the previous conversation, I too blind in Mauja to notice the approach until so soon. Though as she grows further away and soon speaking again my head is held upright further as I note each vocal. Coming forth with love and happiness, an invitation ringing upon my ears. Flicking silver globes back to Mauja I think for a moment. A home. A home. A home. Truly somewhere to belong. Far from the traveling I've done all my life. I am done with such things. Too long have I lived the life of a traveler. Curling in my chin I kindly gesture my nares forward, a slight flick of approval and then tones next, "Arah, that is a wonderful offer and I gladly accept." my face turns to Mauja as he finishes what he said. If I had cheeks to show they would be glowing red as I notice I spoke when he did. Interrupting him slightly. His question is answered though, with somewhat low tones. A rather abrupt sound, "Arielle" I pause, "Or Elle, if you prefer to shorten it." a smile brightly upon my lips.

[ooc- sorry it took so long to reply, my cousin finally had her baby and work got crazy busy so life kinda got a hold of me! If you all wish to take this to the Basin soon be my guest(: lol]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 2dh77yo.png]
A R A H

Haunted by my eyes,
the way they hold your attention,
even in the loudest silences.

The mare curls in her chin, and she accepts the offer Arah presented her. With a nod of her own head Arah smiled and looks to Mauja. He finished speaking as the other mare did. Keeping a straight face and merely blinking, Arah withholds a laugh. Mauja was the kind of being that demanded respect without even having to mutter words. The way he held himself, some sort of power radiated him. Arah who had only had a short conversation with him staring over a mirror greatly respected the stag. No doubt the other mare felt the pressure to impress him, Arah felt that way as well. Her eyes were still trained on Mauja's white face. With a smirk Arah glanced away to the mare. Elle, she had just introduced herself at Mauja's question.

Stepping closer Arah studied Elle while saying, "Lovely to meet you Elle." She shushed now hoping Mauja didn't mind Arah inviting Elle back to The Basin so quickly. But nobody really had time to waste with useless bantering. The mare seemed decent and looking for a family. Arah did not by any means trust Elle, but she did find a slight liking for the other mare. She too had once been in this position, not too long ago actually, when she was desperately seeking a new home. Perhaps that was why she sometimes returned to seek out new recruits for The Basin. She was now standing directly beside Mauja, with a gentle smile and relaxed position. Elle was a rather interesting character, Arah found her whole appearance interesting. She tipped her head to the side slightly, still with her eyes studying the taller mare. She really was stunning the red of her coat, black tousled black hair and red markings. Arah was more of a plain and simple being. No markings, just a white coat with super long hair and antlers. They had always been the thing that set her apart from others, made her...special...but ever since she'd come to Helovia she's seen others sharing her antlers.

Her's where made by magic, changed from the usual horn of unicorns to the antlers. She wondered what had happened or what genetics where in the other unicorns for them to be born with those horns. It baffled her. Elle however had the normal unicorn horn, and it gleamed with pride. Oh it is a good thing to be a unicorn. Better than all the other hornless beasts anyway. The winged ones weren't so bad, but they still didn't have the horn.

Notes; Congrats to you, your cousin and your family!
Words; 425
Tag; Mauja, Arielle and Open

Credits
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽
Ascended Helovian

( gonna make this short and sweet and then start something in the Basin! )

The silence held for a while, but Mauja was used to it by now. The need to think, to ponder, to weigh the options and consult heart, soul and mind — they all did it, coming here. At least she had only one offer to consider, and not four, as it sometimes were in the worst cases. He was glad it was only Arah who had come to join her, and not some other creature from another herd. Each time they won a unicorn he felt a stab of darkness in his heart, like an infection spreading from the raw wound he still bore from the defeat nearly a year ago. Some things time didn't mend. Some things time made just a hell of a lot worse.

But today was a day of luck, as the mare replied to Arah, accepting her invitation, at pretty much the same time Mauja thought to ask for her name. She seemed to notice, but he wasn't sure if she cared or not — he didn't, at least. A faint smile curved his lips, the light in his eyes showing that he didn't mind, didn't think less of her for it. Arielle, or Elle, she called herself, and Arah was quick to greet her again. Mauja dipped his snowy head and took a single step forward, before reaching out his muzzle to brush it against her dark one in a gesture of acceptance. "Glad to have you, Elle," he told her warmly. "Let us go home, then." And without further ado, Mauja backed away, turned around, flicked his tail and began to head northwest, making sure to avoid coming too close to the Foothills border.

[ the end! <3 ]

Edit: decided we could just as well join Roland and Illynx here, I'll be getting a post up shortly!