the Rift

Smoke in these LUNGS -open-

Legion Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

LEGION
and the kindest of kisses break the hardest of hearts

The loneliness was like a blanket now. It was wrapped around me like a beggar in the streets, and I desperately clung to its raggedness. It was all I had. I had no physical possessions. Once a stallion of great power and strength. I was known as many names when I was upon the throne, some bad and some good. Never had I been a bad King. But now.. now I was no king. I had nothing to me. I had no title, no one by my side, when I once had it all. I had the kingdom as far as the eye could see. The rolling grass over the hills, it was still very fresh in my memories. Just as fresh as her face. As it popped into my mind, I felt a dull ache grow in my heart. The pain that she had brought me, it was a painful wound. All the other ones, the women, who had left me I held no anger, no pain, no remorse for their health or what have you, but her.. she had always had my heart. And now she had everything that I had worked hard to have. I wanted her and the kids to have it. I wanted her to be happy, because I knew her forcing herself to stand beside me was too much. It was too much for me to see her affections were forced for me, and clearly given to the other man. He could have her. Because that was all she wanted. And this was all I wanted. To start new.

My feet traveled a unworn path. They tasted the soft lips of the grass beneath my feet, and it was all new. I was so used to traveling the worn, safe path. Perhaps it was time to change that idea. I needed new things in life, and I thought I might try the unbeaten path. Just to see what I might find. And on this particular day, I found myself in this forest at the base of this mountain. The pines raised high into the air and the world seemed larger than even me. I was no small creature, I was a leviathan with muscle, height, and pure size on my side. But I seemed small compared to these trees. Just how ancient were they? I wondered as I stopped and raised my head. My black hair fell around my ears and rushed into my mane, as my eyes traveled the expanse of the tree. To its very tippy top. It was a long, tall climb. Something I would never accomplish. My eyes squinted as I viewed a black bird at the top. It cawed a few times, it was barely audible down here, but still I heard it. Just before it leaped off the branch it perched it looked down. Right at me. I blinked and stared back, just as it looked away and jumped into flight.

It was freedom that it had, and freedom was something I constantly wished for. And now that I had it. I longed for the community and the togetherness of herd life. I inhaled and exhaled. And so that was life. No one was ever truly happy. You could only go at a slow pace, merely one day at a time, to please ones self or those around you. Looking into the future was too much and would trouble you, and only discourage your faith in happiness. But if you could please yourself in the here and the now, then you could be happier over all. Or so I would like to believe..

"blah blah blah."

Selene Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Selene
this house is not a home to you

Silken fiery locks danced across a chestnut shoulder as gentle crimson pools looked onwards. Selene decided to depart from the endless expanse of sand and ocean she now called home. Just the thought brought shivers down her spine as she could almost make out the crashing of the waves against the shore. Afterall she had been through, afterall the heartache and pain that was caused.. This was it? This place was her home? The very thought baffled her. Selene had never managed to remain in one place for very long. Traveling was her way of forgetting her past. Looking for new recruits was always a plus, but what did she know? Helovia was still quite new and unexplored on her part, this wasn't the time to be making hard and fast decisions. As hot headed and stubborn Selene might be, she still desired welcoming newcomers and gathering them to the endless blue for corsair. Calm confident strides unfurled loosely packed leaves as the silent breeze effortlessly lifted and carried them away. Immense ashen wings extended towards the skies as the sunlight cast down from the canopy creating golden highlights strewn across the feathers of flight. Suddenly an abrupt scent was carried across her nostrils, smelling of equine. Typical for the threshold, but curiosity was eating away at her mind. Delicate features pondered the surroundings, only to stumble upon a large charcoal stallion. Generally she rarely found equines attractive at all, but something about him intrigued selene. Deciding to make her presence known, a sudden rustle of foliage signified the ardent mares attendance. Thick muscular brawn rivaled his own, as massive wings slowly folded tightly against her chestnut barrels. Despite her masculine build, one couldn't mistake her feminine beauty. Selene was still more elevated in height than the stallion, one of which she was used to. Not many exceeded the height of her confident stature. Admiring his build, she ultimately reached his gaze with her own, a faint smirk forming at the creases of her grey lips. Opening her maw to speak, her tone was smooth and alluring like the nectar of a flower. "Alone, are we?" A haughty snicker erupted from her chest, bumping her forelock across her blazed skull. He looked as though as if he was unhappy or angered with something but she couldn't quite put a finger on it. With a flick of her tail, selene took a slight step backwards creating a respectable distance between the two. With a half bow of her head, an assertive nod followed closley behind. "I'm Selene, and you are?" Questioning the stallion, she tilted her head to the side ever so slightly awaiting a response. Corsair would be pleased with this one.

"blah blah blah."

This is SO short, im so sorry! My next will be better. (: xD
Word count:445
Image and video hosting by TinyPic">

Legion Posts: N/A
Unregistered

LEGION
and the kindest of kisses break the hardest of hearts

The quietness here was almost... torture. Strangely, I found the silence to always be a comfort in the bustling life of a herd leader. But now, I was finding it to be cold and ever present. Perhaps it was this sadness I felt in my heart that drew it near, or the fact I was ever so solitary.. either way, for whatever reason it was here, I wished it gone. I needed companionship now. I needed the company of another or others with intelligence at my level. I couldn't stand being around anyone that was too engrossed in their problems and petty engagements to ever see anything than their own life. Tunnel visioned equines were the saddest of all, in my opinion. Which was all to common for my taste. I wished to find someone.. or others that looked passed their problems to see what I saw in the world. Now if I could find that, I think I would be the happiest stallion alive.

The crunch of the dried leaves of the floor sent my eyes scurrying to my left where I found a woman staring at me. Our eyes met and they stayed locked for a moment. My eyes blink but never left her gaze. However, I did take in the basics about her. She was chestnut, with a white blaze on her face, and two massive wings sprouting from her shoulders. Honestly, I wasn't even shocked by this. Somehow it didn't surprised me, but that didn't mean I wasn't instantly fascinated in the least bit. "Alone, are we?" I purse my lips together and blink my eyes. Her voice was sort of sultry in the way that it dripped out of her mouth like warm, comforting honey. But her words, were the obvious. Of course I was alone. There was no other being here but her and I. But for the lack of any kind of socialization for some time, I didn't mention some sarcastic, obvious remark. Instead I nod, and sigh softly. "I'm Selene, and you are?" And you are Selene you say just after you nod your head into a bow. I was unaccustomed to this motion, and yet it was still time for my introduction. I keep my head raised, and nod it in a ridged fashion into a nod like your own. "I am Legion. It's a pleasure..." I said, my voice was low and rumbling as it escaped my throat. Deep baritones could melt your heart if it just the right mare, but who knew what you were. And honestly I didn't care if I delighted you or not. "I'm sure." I finish my words as I let a half hearted, boyish smile rise on my lips but fade almost instantly. I wasn't ready to smile. Not yet.

"blah blah blah."