the Rift

[PRIVATE] triumph. [insanity/Grey]

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

image by ferran-jorda @ flickr.com</style>

Massive paws walk steadily, up the brush and forward, one large ear cocked back to listen to the sound of hooves behind him. Atop the large stallion rests a small dragon, sleeping soundly outwardly, though if you look close enough, you can see a sliver of bright purple glimmering from behind a charcoal lid. His attention captivated by the mare who walks behind them in silence, trailed by a trio of wolves behind in their journey toward the Foothills. Whether they were walking toward the aftermath of an unsuccessful battle or a new home, it was unknown.

Either way, the wolf was marching at an even pace toward his family. Whatever end awaited, he would protect them.

The mare who followed behind him, Insanity, he had learned, was calm. He admired her bravery in the face of a large opponent and what they would consider feral beasts. He had not wanted to abduct her from her home and rob her of the ability to fight, but that was the order. Those who could not protect themselves were fair targets, especially when their herd would not safeguard them. By the general lack of activity shown by Jackal after their flurry of ambushes upon the citizens of the Foothills, it was quite clear to Osiris that any failure of protection was not due to the charcoal mare behind him, an intelligence seeker, but the no good lazy ass who claimed a crown. To idly allow your family to sink into the jaws of another. how disgraceful. Osiris was impressed by the effort of those left, never letting up the fight, still offering forth a battle instead of crumbling under the weight of a threat.

Foolish actions, but ones that were marked by bravery.

In the late morning, as the sun is rising further in the sky, on the day of the invasion of the Foothills by the Grey, the great wolf and his ragtag family arrive, prisoner in hand. They pass the same borders Osiris had walked with Nadira, the same path he had entered to visit his wolven family, the same path he had chased Ricochet down after his attempt to oust the massive hybrid and Ophelia. Osiris knew the land well, but he was certain the lady following quietly behind him knew it much better.

As they spill into the valley, it is apparent by the arrangement of bodies and the triumphant figure of Ophelia standing like a white beacon in the distance just who had arisen victorious. Strewn across the floor, slowly being lifted with the help of medics, are the following defenders of the former Foothills herd. Osiris pauses at the cusp of the treeline, head lowered in slight sadness, but he does not stop the mare should she wish to view the scene. Looking back toward her, feral golden eyes surprisingly soft, the hybrid shares this strangely intimate moment with a mere acquaintance. Relief floods his face, but also a form of sympathy that dares not cross the line of pity. "You are free, Insanity," he says with a baritone voice. "Free to roam where you should please. If you wish to reside here with my company, I will take you to my lady Ophelia."

"You, who guarded your family well, are worthy of consideration into the family of the Grey."
""

[ Set to follow immediately after the end of the Invasion. For Insanity first, then any of the Grey may join. ]

osiris </style>
Out of my blood, he'll breed revengement and a scourge for me.</style>

Insanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I couldn't speak. I couldn't eat or sleep and my legs felt a need to give away under my ashen body. My entire mind and body was plagued with the idea that I was a complete and utter failure. I was not good enough and I never would be. I wasn't able to protect the herd like I should've been.

My hooves fumbled over the ground, mahogany eyes filled with an eerie sense of emptiness. Although I knew where the wolf and his reptilian friend were taking me, and my hooves had travelled this way many times in my adventures around Helovia, I continued to stumble blindly and walk without a purpose. It's not as if I had one. I was now a prisoner, to both the wolf and my own thoughts. No matter what I tried to focus on, my mind always went back to thinking of my lack of a favorable outcome for my home.

Maybe, just maybe, that was not the case. With such an excuse of a lead as Jackal the King of Cowards, who had failed to help protect his family. Perhaps a change in lead would be good for the earthen land I had come to call home. Within no time at all it seemed we had reached the place again. I allowed myself to close my eyes for a mere seconds, thinking of all the many places I had sulked and explored that I would probably never get to go to again.

At this, a frown creases my face and I open my eyes once more. I smelled blood mixed with the smell of water and fresh grass. I look around the wolf and the other dogs surrounding me to see a few fallen figures of my former herd mates along with plenty of new faces. They must be the Grey. A mare with a white bodice and hair dipped a color like blood stood regally. She carried herself as if she was a leader, so I could only guess that she was the leader of the Grey who had no doubt taken the Foothills over now.

I watch Osiris lower his head, which I found quiet odd. I never knew a wolf could show such emotion, even if only in a small amount as this. My ears flick back, eyes searching to look at anything but my fallen family and the swarm of newcomers who had taken my home. Even as the wolf talks to me, I do not look at him. I lower my head to the ground, brushing my maw against the grass I had fallen in love with when Ricochet first brought me here from the Threshold. I knew I had a quest to finish, but I wanted to stay in this beautiful land. Perhaps I could do both.

"Thank you," I begin, finally gathering up enough beaten courage in myself to look up to Osiris, pausing a moment before my lips spill more words. "The Foothills is my home, Osiris. I would find it quite pleasurable to live here, but my needs within a herd are quite specific at the moment. If I could talk with this Ophelia you speak of, then that would be magnificent." I curve my mouth into a weak smile, something I felt as if I hadn't done in a very, very long time.

Talk Talk
The night's on fire
where is your God?
HorseRidingFreak