the Rift

Cultural Shock [The Grey]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

Apollo wasn't sure what had drawn him to the Threshold on this particular day. The weather was crisp and refreshing to the horned stag, a slight breeze filtering through the thick forest of the Threshold. Honestly, it had been a very long time since he had last stepped foot in this part of Helovia, and so seeing the trees cascaded in the fiery shades of Orangemoon was somewhat entertaining. The leaves and brush all varied in hues, from the most radiant of oranges, to the bloodiest of reds, to the final, darker shades of dark, earthy browns.

Needless to say, the overo stallion was pleased that he had dragged himself away from the Foothills. With Frostfall just around the corner, he knew he would need to take advantage of the warm weather while he had it. Inhaling deeply through his nostrils, Apollo released the breath slowly. It was hard to believe that he had been in Helovia for almost a year... Where had the time gone?

Since joining the Grey and dedicating his life to his new family, Apollo had both thrived and faltered at the same time. Before coming to Helovia, he had been more sure of himself, and had lacked the plaguing loneliness that the stallion now found himself in... And yet, he had been a lost soul back then, searching desperately for foundation and structure. The blessing had been wandering into Helovia, and being found by Phaedra. Being welcomed into the Grey had been the best thing that had happened to him in a very long time.

Sucking in another deep breath in relishing in the pure, earthy smell of fall, Apollo continued his pleasant walk through the Threshold. The stallion's head was high, the tip of his icy horn pointed skywards as honey-brown orbs wandered over the fading vegetation. The beads that were threaded in his mane knocked together with each step that he took, causing an echoing click, clack, click to resonate through the forest.

It wasn't long into his journey that the Paint spotted one that was familiar, and quizically the stallion tilted his head to the side. It was Circe, his sister in the Grey, and she looked to be looking at something that was hiding in the brush... Hesitantly Apollo ventured closer, his tail flicking and nostrils flaring. Yes, there was something else with them... But what?

"Circe," Apollo beckoned, lowering his head slightly to eye the dark Executioner with cautious honeyed eyes, "Fancy meeting you out here. Is everything well?" It was as he grew closer that the monochromatic stallion's eyes rested on just what Circe was examining. Was that... A cat? Immediately Apollo went to move backwards, instincts kicking in and screaming at him to run, it's a predator, get away! but, he didn't. Instead, the Earth Medic stood where he was, lowering his head as well to sniff at the cat. There was something amiss with her...

"Are you okay?" He asked softly to the feline, examining her malnourished features. Goodness, when was the last time that she had a healthy meal? She was practically skin and bones!

[ooc: UGH. Why must my posts SUCK?! D: So sorry, both of you. Hopefully the next one will be better. <3]

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-06-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Apollo - 04-06-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-06-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Apollo - 04-09-2013, 08:22 AM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM