the Rift

Cultural Shock [The Grey]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

The last thing that Apollo ever wished to do was scare the poor creature, but in the end, it seemed that it was the very thing that he did. In her fleeting dart from the cover of the brush to the roots of the tree, the feline's petite, lanky frame stood out even more than it had before. Apollo could visibly see her poor disposition, and the bones that stuck out this way and that in a silent cry of hunger. Heavens above, when was the last time this poor creature ate?

Where his mind was preoccupied by helping this feline gain some sort of meal, as lon as it wasn't him, Circe's seemed to be going in the opposite direction. Her question to him threw the painted stallion off, even for the briefest of moments.

'Who does she remind you of, Apollo?' The question, however abrupt, caused Apollo to pause in his musings, his head tilting somewhat to the right and causing the crystalline jewel upon his brow to sit askew. Who, indeed? Honey-brown orbs turned and lingered upon the skin-and-bones frame of the feline, and a frown tugged at the corner of his lips. It was then, when a sparse ray of light caught the leopard's golden coat, however dampened by the black, intricate spotting, that Apollo realized just who Circe was hinting towards.

... Phaedra.

Yes, of course, Their coloring was similar, the Earth Medic noted, but it was not the same. Where this malnourished Leopard had black splotches marring her frame, Phaedra's golden hairs were adorned with the finest of bird-catcher spots. Similar, yes, but different all the same. Deciding that it would be best to put the thoughts of the Pegasus that had stolen his heart behind him, Apollo cleared his throat and spoke.

"Yes... I can see it." It was a brief statement, and just one of agreement. He didn't want to think of Phaedra right now; while he loved her so, the thought of her magnificence also brought him a great deal of pain. Now, though... There were other matters at hand. This tiny creature in front of them, while the breed of a predator, was starving, and Apollo couldn't simply abandon someone in need. Even if they weren't of the equine variety, the Paint would be damned if he simply walked away from someone who required assistance.

"I think that might be a good idea," he commented in return to Circe, finally tearing his gentle eyes away to look back at his fellow herdmate. "There's plenty of game in the Foothills, and I don't imagine that Ktulu nor Ophelia will mind another joining our ranks... If, of course, she abides by the Grey's rules." That portion of the conversation was spoken low, but not only for Circe's ears. There was no secret that to join the Grey, and ultimately the Foothills, one had to swear loyalty to one thing; the Grey. If this feline returned to the rolling hills of their home, could she live by that creed?

Inhaling briefly through his nostrils, the Earth Medic thought this over. If they were to help this Leopard, and in turn, she joined their ranks... She could make a marvelous ally. After all, there was only so much an equin could do, even if one had wings or a horn. Those claws could be helpful one day, and her smaller size would hold some type of advantage... Making up his mind, and hoping that it wouldn't be pushing the limits between his relationship with Ktulu or Ophelia, Apollo dared one small step closer to the skinny creature and dipped his head low, so that he was more 'her height'.

"I'm sorry that you're hungry," he started, his words soft and gentle, as one would speak to a frightened child, "But I promise that we won't hurt you. My name is Apollo, and this is my dear friend Circe. We come from a lovely place called the Windtossed Foothills, where there's plenty to eat and drink. Would you, by chance, like to come with us?"

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-06-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Apollo - 04-06-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-06-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Apollo - 04-09-2013, 08:22 AM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM