the Rift

[OPEN] Youth like Diamonds in the sun [open]

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
azulee
they want rain without thunder and lightning

Ever since the lightning child's father was claimed by his own mortality things have been much different in her desert home. Most drastic is the general aloofness of her elder sister. The young mare is unused to being so detached from the older filly. She finds it difficult to amuse herself, what with the general absence of the most prominent role-model, play mate and companion in her life.

Azulee wasn't nearly as close to her father as Cirrus, and because of this the lightning child feels deep remorse for not being able to bond with him as her sister had. Both her mother and Cirrus are inconsolably mournful for his passing, and Azulee feels only regret that her sorrow does not match their own. It eats at her, and the majority of the time Azulee sits in solitude and pretends she is talking to the great, ardent warrior she grew to know so haphazardly. She is no longer sure if the memories she has of him are actually her own, or simply stories she has been told by her mother and sister. She isn't sure if she actually remembers journeying to meet her father as he returned from battle for what her sister called 'the World's Edge' or if she has been told of it so many times that it might as well be an actual memory.

She can still hear his goading voice if she thinks hard enough - deep and masculine, yet still so comforting. She wishes she could hear it now as she sits with her legs curled beneath her at the shore of their great Oasis lake, recalling frolicking with her family in the cool waters when the heat of the sun grew too intense. These are her most recent memories of the General, one of the few she has and cherishes whole-heartedly.

Admittedly she is jealous that her sister was given his feathers while she has none to remember him by. She wishes she could tell curious observers who gaze upon the feathers and ask of their origin of the noble man whose blood courses through her veins and carry them in her mane as vain women carry pearls and elegant jewelry. His spear is another story. Surely Cirrus deserves it more than she. She was far closer to him than the lightning child ever was. Yet again she feels remorse for this, and a flaccid sigh leaks past her lips.

She rises and walks along the shore of the lake, watching her hooves as they clap lightly against the russet stone. She kicks the stray pebbles as they appear before her, the wind gently cooing in her ears.
background image © riktorsashen

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Aiko Darleane “I remember the time when I met a somber filly. She was older than me, and her father had died recently. She was blue in color, at least to my eyes, having a longer mane and tail than I would have expected from an almost yearling. She had strange markings on her shoulders, in the shape of lighting that lights up the dark sky of a thunderstorm. I had felt the own lost tug at my heartstrings, but my father had only been captured, not died. I’m not sure how I would be able to handle that, and it hurt from just thinking about it. I move on, coming to the filly as she stands by the shore of the lake.”

Just then I see someone stand up out of the corner of my red eyes, and I look. It is a small filly, and I ask her if there is something wrong. They stare back at me, and ask me a question. How did you get to the lake in the first place?

“A good question, I suppose. I was out for the day, trying to see if anyone had found my father. However, there seemed to be no sign of him, and therefore I did what every other foal’s favorite pass time is: exploring. With this, I travelled around the Dragon’s Throat, because I hadn’t gotten a chance to before. I went around for a couple of hours before I found her. I went to the tree first, and studied it for a while. I even tried to climb it, but to no amend. Afterwards I moved on, going to the border and staring out. This is where my Papa had disappeared, and I tried to look for him, but he was not there. So now I went in the opposite direction, and there it was. The expanse of the lake in the middle of the hot desert, and the little filly on its shores. I looked around, and found no one by her side. Walking down, I moved towards her slowly, trying not to alert her so she wouldn’t have some bad emotion towards me. I stopped a few feet from her, and I stared for a second. She was beautiful, young and full of life. But why was she sad, when she had so much to live for?”

‘Hello there. My name is Aiko Darleane, but you can just call me Aiko. Do you live her too? I haven’t seen you around. Is there something wrong? You look sad.’

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
azulee
they want rain without thunder and lightning

Hello there chimes a youthful voice, and Azulee lifts her topaz eyes from the ground at her hooves to observe a spindly filly staring back at her. The lightning child hesitates for a moment, wondering just how long she had been standing there. She feels a prick of irritation rear its head, but she swiftly pushes it aside. There is no use in being grumpy. Maybe she could use a bit of company to get her mind off things.

She listens as the other speaks, allowing her eyes to idly roam Aiko's physique for the briefest of moments. Her sides are varnished with swaths of fiery mahogany, and a mane of vibrant orange tumbles down her ashen face like flames licking along her fur. For some reason, Azulee is reminded of their leader Sumati, perhaps for the stockings which adorn all four of her legs, just like their Chancellor. Suddenly she is met with a stream of questions. She sighs, vaguely annoyed by her bluntness, though keeping in mind that this filly is young, and Azulee herself went through an annoying phase at one point in her life.

"I'm fine." She quickly responds, her tone sharper than intended, though not venomous. With ears swiveling in mild uncertainty - one pricked forward lazily and the other tilted to the side, listening aloofly to the sounds of scavenging birds in the distance - she lifts one brow in mock inquisitiveness. "Do you always ask strangers so many questions?" She teases, feeling her privacy somewhat violated. But she isn't about to ask her to leave. After all, this is her home as well - as she has already said - and she has as much right to be here as Azulee. "And yes, actually. I was born here." She adds this almost as an afterthought, a subtle lilt of pride evident in her voice. She is proud of her heritage, but she refrains from sharing her name... she wonders if the filly has noticed.
background image © riktorsashen

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

"Midas? Cera?"

I call, flying over the partially erected black wall that is cut like an ugly gash across the red sand, landing with a soft thud. Okay, so I had disobeyed mother. I left without Bear again, but I am a year old. I know that I am acting like an ornery brat, but I could not take being confined anymore. She had told me to remain in the Foothills, and I did so for almost the whole season. Before the end of Orangemoon, I needed to get out and stretch my wings. Frostfall was coming, and it was relentless and cold. I thought that maybe I would celebrate my turn of age by coming back to my birthplace. Also, I figure that if mother does find me she would be less angry that I was with Midas.

He counted as protection, right? Nevermind the distance it takes to get from the Foothills to the arid desert below.

I am quite tired from my travels, speaking of distance. As my solid, bronze hooves land upon the dust, the ache in my long, feathered limbs subsides a bit as I begin to stroll forward, bicolored eyes scanning the territory for the familiar black and white figure of the stallion who had referred to me as son. I smile, thinking back to it. Cera and I were not only friends but viewed as brothers. Family, such an amazing thing. I hope that we can be a real family some day and live together, but I do not think mother wants to move back to this desert. She mentioned before how she doesn't like the head here, named Kri. I know that Kri and Midas fought in the war that earned us a home, and, while I do not know the politics behind it, I am rather sad my father would give into war, even if it was for mother and I. Violence is wrong, right?

I make a trot forward, traveling into the sands I do not remember half as well as I thought I did, but still well enough to navigate my way toward the Oasis. The great lake is like a miracle in the sands, and I rush straight into it with a splash to take hungry gulps of water before I even manage to look around me. When I do, I nearly jump back in horror as I see not one but two fillies. My bicolored eyes widen and I straighten in the middle of the lack, looking first from the familiar looking filly with the lightning marking - Azulee - and the unicorn with the pale face I did not know. "H-hello," I say sheepishly, knowing well that I have been caught redhanded trespassing without Midas anywhere near me to justify that I am not a dangerous party.

Quickly I back up my growing form, nearly 15 hands these days, from the water, splashing waves about on the glassy surface of the lake, and clapping onto the sand with large, bronze hooves, my tail dripping at the endsand my wings held low to avoid appearing threatening. I am not sure how threatening a clumsy race in and out of a lake could be, but you never know. "Have you seen Midas... or Cera?" I ask lamely, glancing at my feet and trying to avoid judging gazes. I hope they do not berate me for my bad manners and nervous speech.

CREDITS

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Aiko Darleane
"And then the strangest thing occurred to me. A was in the presence of a demi-god, and I didn't even know, or at least at first. He was different, that was for sure, but I wasn't much concerned. There were different colored horses all the time, and it didn't bother me that he was a bluish color. His gold markings were shining in light about us, and his gaze, instead of directed at either me or the other filly's, was towards the ground. He asked about two strangers that I had not known of, and I was almost worried about him too. He seemed nervous and alone, and I felt sad for him, for no one should feel like that.

The filly beside me was quite the charmer, I could tell, and though I could feel she was a bit upset with me showing up, she didn't want me to go away, for she teased me. I smiled back at her, a laugh brushing my lips, but not quite escaping."

'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb your peace. The look on your face was just so sad, and I thought some company would lift your spirits, and perhaps I was right. You were born here? This is quite a nice place to be born. I'm not very old, and I was born a couple of months ago. My mother and father are Cherie and Valentine. Who are yours?'

"It was then that the young colt came by. He was older than both of us, or around the same age as the filly. He was definitely strange, but interesting at the same time."

'I'm afraid I haven't seen anyone by those names, nor do I know them. My name is Aiko Darleane, but Aiko is a nickname. What are your names? I haven't met any other foals around here, and it's nice to meet you two'.

"I meant this to go both to him and to the other filly, and I wanted to make some friends, and at that time, I hoped I had."