[OPEN] Youth like Diamonds in the sun [open]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

"Midas? Cera?"

I call, flying over the partially erected black wall that is cut like an ugly gash across the red sand, landing with a soft thud. Okay, so I had disobeyed mother. I left without Bear again, but I am a year old. I know that I am acting like an ornery brat, but I could not take being confined anymore. She had told me to remain in the Foothills, and I did so for almost the whole season. Before the end of Orangemoon, I needed to get out and stretch my wings. Frostfall was coming, and it was relentless and cold. I thought that maybe I would celebrate my turn of age by coming back to my birthplace. Also, I figure that if mother does find me she would be less angry that I was with Midas.

He counted as protection, right? Nevermind the distance it takes to get from the Foothills to the arid desert below.

I am quite tired from my travels, speaking of distance. As my solid, bronze hooves land upon the dust, the ache in my long, feathered limbs subsides a bit as I begin to stroll forward, bicolored eyes scanning the territory for the familiar black and white figure of the stallion who had referred to me as son. I smile, thinking back to it. Cera and I were not only friends but viewed as brothers. Family, such an amazing thing. I hope that we can be a real family some day and live together, but I do not think mother wants to move back to this desert. She mentioned before how she doesn't like the head here, named Kri. I know that Kri and Midas fought in the war that earned us a home, and, while I do not know the politics behind it, I am rather sad my father would give into war, even if it was for mother and I. Violence is wrong, right?

I make a trot forward, traveling into the sands I do not remember half as well as I thought I did, but still well enough to navigate my way toward the Oasis. The great lake is like a miracle in the sands, and I rush straight into it with a splash to take hungry gulps of water before I even manage to look around me. When I do, I nearly jump back in horror as I see not one but two fillies. My bicolored eyes widen and I straighten in the middle of the lack, looking first from the familiar looking filly with the lightning marking - Azulee - and the unicorn with the pale face I did not know. "H-hello," I say sheepishly, knowing well that I have been caught redhanded trespassing without Midas anywhere near me to justify that I am not a dangerous party.

Quickly I back up my growing form, nearly 15 hands these days, from the water, splashing waves about on the glassy surface of the lake, and clapping onto the sand with large, bronze hooves, my tail dripping at the endsand my wings held low to avoid appearing threatening. I am not sure how threatening a clumsy race in and out of a lake could be, but you never know. "Have you seen Midas... or Cera?" I ask lamely, glancing at my feet and trying to avoid judging gazes. I hope they do not berate me for my bad manners and nervous speech.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Youth like Diamonds in the sun [open] - by Azulee - 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: I've got your wild-eyed ways [open] - by Aiko Darleane - 04-12-2013, 04:58 PM
RE: Youth like Diamonds in the sun [open] - by Hototo - 04-27-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Youth like Diamonds in the sun [open] - by Aiko Darleane - 04-30-2013, 09:31 PM