the Rift

[OPEN] Might as Well

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The dark brute walked along the rocky ground. Thoughts kept flowing into his mind about escaping, but he knew that most of them would not work. With Ophelia watching him every second of the day and night, then he knew that he would not get away. He needed help… Maybe Ignita was looking for him? Maybe she was planning a way for him to break out? He hopped so. Never did he think that he would be taken as a prisoner. The shame overwhelmed him and he just wanted to wake up, and realize that this was just one crazy dream. He needed someone on his side. Maybe he could trick one of these idiots into siding with him… If he could play it all sweet and innocent in the Threshold, then he could do it here too.

The handsome steed breathed in the cool air of Orangemoon. If he was going to be staying here for a while, then why not explore. His silver flecked blue eyes scanned the land. This place was strange. It was like nothing he had ever seen, but he would get used to it. The mountains seemed to scrape the sky as he tilted his head up to get full view of them. The wind stroked his face and flowed through his golden streaked mane. The sound of a waterfall rang in his ears as he trotted off to go find where it was. The water looked white as it fell into a shallow pool. The cool mist sprayed his broad face and chest as he lowered his maw down to the pool and drank. The water dripped from his dark orifice as he lifted it away from the pool. He narrowed his eyes as he continued to look out into the distance. The mountains seemed to stretch forever. He continued to scan the land as the mist from the waterfall still tapped on his body.

[[I am horrible at starting threads. Anyway anyone is welcome to join, I just want to get a little more active with Tonka.]]

Thinking :: Talking :: Doing

ASSASSIN STRICKER

Tonka

Reiko Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
R E I K O
One day had passed since her arrival at the Foothills and already the mare was finding it quite agreeable. Not only had the soft, luscious grass proven a remedy for her sore hooves, the storm that she had met with previously had dissipated and all that was left was Orangemoon's cool, light breeze. As the harsh rays of the sun melted into a pale haze denoting early morning, Reiko got up and headed towards a pool for a drink. Dirt and sweat had been cleansed from her pelt, giving her tobiano colouration a soft sheen. Contented would be the word, for she was glad to feel security once more within the lands. Nonetheless, she was still ignorant of the procedures around here and thus sought to stay vigilant.

She moved at a leisurely pace, strong hips swinging gaily whilst her hooves beat against the ground rhythmically. A gentle hum escaped from her maw, a contented tune between a harrumph and a nicker though she was by no means calling out to anyone. Her mind was riddled with questions but perhaps Archibald had had his fair share dealing with her. One, why did his companion behave so aggressively in the face of her kill, and two, how could he have used such magic to stun her. Reiko paused, remembering how she was in Helovia where nothing was the same. Heck, she might have even gotten her wings from wandering too far into this magical territory once and thus got her wings while her birth herd remained as mere equines. Releasing a whimsical sigh, the mare would continue on her walk though it was less spirited this time around.

Moving forth from several reeds, the mare's ebony hues fell upon a dark bay unicorn. He was standing near the pool, handsome head drinking the sweet essence of the misty apparition. It looked tantalizing. Not the stallion, but the water. As he looked up and beyond, Reiko decided to make her move. She took quick strides forward the other end of the pool which really wasn't that far off from him, and let her velvet lips touch the water's surface, causing just a few ripples as she drank her fill. That done, she lifted her head and swung her face towards the stallion. "Greetings. Perhaps you can tell me more about this area?" She assumed he was a part of them, or else he would not have been behaving so peacefully.

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If Tonka had to admit, this lovely autumn weather was perfect for thinking. The breeze was too high, and the temperature was quite warm for Orangemoon. The gentle mist of the waterfall dazzled his dark bay body. He lowered his massive head to the lush grass. The soft blades tickled his lips as he opened them to take a bite of the delicious treat. The one good thing about this land. Back in the harshly cold weather of the Arch, grass rarely grew. And when it did, it was not the same vivid taste as this. As he lifted his large cranium from the sweet grass, he again scanned the land that he was stuck in.

"Greetings. Perhaps you can tell me more about this area?"

The voice of another made his ears jolt forward. Turning his view to see the mare who now accompanied him, he smiled inside. She was new, and perfect to play a little trick on. He would trick the paint mutt into thinking that he was kind and she could possibly help him with his escape without even knowing it. His navy blue eyes fell upon her dazzling ebony orbs. Her elegant figure stood across from him. The wings that she possessed on her withers were shades of steel, light and dark. Her russet tobiano coloring gave the mare a delicate looking appearance. Tonka had to admit, she was quite pretty.

“I am afraid I, also, know nothing of this land. I am just a damned prisoner.” Tonka spoke, his voice calmer and steadier than normal. “I am Tonka, and it is a pleasure to meet you. If you don’t mind me asking, who are you?” His eyes once again scanned her painted body. He whipped golden streaked tail to get rid of the bugs that tried to squirm into his long hairs. The silver horn on placed on his forehead shown like silver. The cool breeze stroked his dusty colored body and he closed his eye to get a better feeling of the bliss moment. He opened them when the slow wind stopped. He did not feel like being mean to this mare quite yet, he had to get her to trust him.

Thinking :: Talking :: Doing

ASSASSIN STRICKER

Tonka

Reiko Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
R E I K O
The Orangemoon wind tossed a few strands of dual coloured tresses carelessly over Reiko's rather handsome neck as she stood there patiently waiting for a reply. He was really quite the stallion she observed, holding himself tall in height with navy eyes that were mystifying. His calm demeanour provided a sense of sensibility and security. As his gaze fell upon her though, she felt herself grow wary and nervous - she was never one who felt easy being sized up by either stallion or mare, especially when she was in a foreign environment - and she pawed the ground once. "Prisoner." The key word would ring in her ears and ebony eyes would widen in surprise even as her ears flicked at this news. She chose to reply him in a tone of wonderment, curious to know what predicament this unlucky fellow had fallen into. Why sir, what wrong did you do?" Surely there had to be an explanation for capturing one such as he. As far as she knew, the equines of the Windtossed Foothills were not bad folk at all.

He sought out her name with a gentleman's manners and so, the mare decided to reply civilly even though he was technically a prisoner. "My name is Reiko, and it has been a pleasure to meet you." She arched her neck gracefully and gave a little dip of her head as a form of acknowledgement to the unicorn. Like an unabashed child who knew no form of self-awareness or judgement, she would continue to observe the stallion with doe eyes, waiting for him to tell his story. The manner in which he tuned in to nature then - the shut eyes, and the appreciation of the breeze - it seemed to her that it was all so melancholic, as though a deep tragedy had struck and he was on the unlucky side of the coin. And even as she chose to regard him in the typical "innocent until proven guilty" standpoint, she felt the wariness arise within her and no doubt a barrier had formed subconsciously in the mental form of self-preservation should he choose to strike out or turn vicious, for as the famous saying always goes, that still waters run deep. Dad always said that it was the quiet ones who were all cheery who truly held the most tumultuous of secrets locked within their soul, and the moment these hell hounds were unleashed, there would be trouble brewing at every corner.