the Rift

[PRIVATE] Mother and Daughter [Nayati, Bale]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

She moved as if Hell itself was biting at her heels. Nothing would stop her from this endeavor. Nothing would stop her from finding her lost child. Like her struggle to be with Xanthos, too much had happened between them for Romani to simply throw Nayati to the wolves. No, she would spend every last ounce of energy searching these rolling hills for the spotted form that she yearned to see. If she encountered one of the Grey, she would plead, beg, cry if she had to in order to gain passage. This wasn't simply a simple, leisurely outing down memory lane in a place she once called home. No, this was a mother searching for her lost child, and as the saying went, 'Hell hath no fury like a mother scorned.'

"Nayati!" Her strained vocals echoed throughout the land, and Romani cared not for who heard. If Nayati wasn't here, she would continue on, searching every nook and cranny of Helovia if she had to. Xanthos knew her love for the spotted filly, and he was willing to accept her into their family... But first, the missing filly must be found.

Romani, despite her eagerness, wasn't a fool. She knew that Nayati would harbor a bitter anger towards her for how she had abandoned her, and the palomino would stop at nothing to mend what she could with her beloved 'Dear-Heart'. It would be slow-going to gain the relationship that they once had, if it could even return to how it was... But Romani was a stubborn individual. If she needed to take her time to let Nayati know that she would never be alone again, then that is what she would do.

"Dear Heart, please!" No sooner had the desperate cry left her throat that a flicker of movement and spots caught her attention. Romani nearly slid to a halt, forelock swinging forward in a dissarayed mess, but her only care was for the spotted creature that had wormed her way through the thick brush of the Foothills. Wide azure eyes stared into equally surprised mahogany, and for a brief moment all the golden red mare could do was stare. Her tail flicked idly, nostrils flaring as she tried to catch onto the foreign scents that marred Nayati's spotted coat, and as she did, motherly instincts took over. Sapphire orbs roamed the appaloosa's small frame, taking notice that she hadn't been eating well... While naturally small, Nayati was thin. Too thin for Romani's liking. She had grown during the gypsy mare's absense, yes... But not much.

"... Nayati," Romani murmured, a barely-there whisper that danced along the sudden breeze. She wanted to run towards the filly, to wrap her neck around the smaller female and pull her close to whisper soothing nothings in her ear, but... Would Nayati even let her?

'Roma...' Nayati's voice barely met Romani's ears, but the moment that she realized just what the spotted princess had said, Romani was undone. She moved forward, one step, then another, and almost hesitantly did she approach. Tears stained the Haflinger's eyes, her dark lips beginning to tremble in hidden emotion, but she kept her head high.

"Oh, Nayati... There you are, my sweet little one. I've been so worried." She paused only a few feet in front of the filly, nostrils continuing to flare as she sucked in the air between them. Yes, Nayati still smelled of the Foothills, but there was such lingering sadness there, as well. It was palpable, and Romani loathed herself for being the one to put it there. Was there anything she could do...? "I'm here, Dear Heart... And I'm so, so sorry. I... Please, Nayati... I've come to take you home, to the World's Edge, where we can be a family."

Hesitantly Romani took yet another step forward, ivory feathers swaying slightly with each motion. She stopped, just in front of Nayati's smaller, more frail body, and reached her muzzle out to brush against Nayati's own, should the filly allow it. The Protector's heart swelled in her chest, hoping that Nayati would allow, and return, the touch. Please.... Please...

"I want to take you home with me, Nayati... Where you'll never have to be alone again. The Edge is a beautiful, wonderful place."

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
Mother and Daughter [Nayati, Bale] - by Romani - 04-07-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Mother and Daughter [Nayati, Bale] - by Romani - 04-26-2013, 09:38 PM