[PRIVATE] Mother and Daughter [Nayati, Bale]

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

despite everything I gave,
you walked away...
</style>

A stake has been driven into the crimson heart of the additionally golden painted doe, it is clear in the crinkles of her eyes and the defeated, guilted look in her sweet features. Even if she was justified in her actions, something hurt her similarly to know she’d put that pained look on the warm, loving woman’s visage. One she could not gaze upon as her world shrank so drastically, a dizzying typhoon of blackness that threatened to swell and consume her completely. The shaking of her own knees rattled her cheek, and the awful taste of metal on her tongue told her that it must look as if her crimson irises had spawn tears of similar color, which she had kissed away herself. A pounding started like war drums inside her head, thundering and crashing in a rising crescendo that demanded escape from the vessel it inhabited. Let it rise, she challenged it. Let it come, and take me away. Let everything burst, because I am no longer afraid of the world beyond. My body is young but my heart is weary, and my head is full of thoughts I cannot quell. The world was a typhoon and those who could not swim or float would be drowned in the depths of the unforgiving, destructive force. Home torn from beneath her, support system cast up and then crippled repeatedly, Nayati had stood upon shaking legs as the earth had roared and ripped like flower petals. Nothing had brought her down, because she had a taste of life, and a starving man will fight all the harder with only a morsel upon his tongue as encouragement. In her induced hell of midnight, starless skies, Nayati was unable to find the glow of the motherly maiden that was both physical before her and metaphorical within her moral compass.

Once more, her name was spoken on a saddened sigh, and she mused quietly if that was the only way her name could possibly be spoken. Did she inspire such sorrow in everyone she came across? Honesty cut like a knife over a canvas fraught with blood already, and the sweet agony of being right was like that cold, thin metal scraping her insides clean like a trophy kill. Crumbling away like a shattered puzzle around her, Nayati lifted her small crown only enough to stare Romani hard in the eyes. It was not meant to intimidate, for there was no way she possibly could with the parallels and comparisons you could draw between them. Crystals were averted, and disappointment was veiled in the youth’s face. Could she truly not look at her? Was it too painful to see the damage the world had inflicted upon Nayati? Preposterous. Nayati wore those scars like badges of honor and pride, to show those who believed she couldn’t make it. Sometimes those who appear the weakest are the strongest after all, right?

Silently she subjects herself to Romani stripping away every social norm to bare herself completely to Nayati, and if her weary face perhaps softens and flushes with love and teary irises to know she was considered her first child, well at least there was nobody else around to see her weakness. Finally their eyes meet once more, and Nayati wished she were taller if only to meet the warrior’s gaze fully. ”All you ever needed to ask for was forgiveness, it was given so long ago...” a soft sigh escaped charcoal lips and Nayati shifted to fold into the protective blanket of her abnormally long tresses, thinking hard. ”I’m scared that...that you won’t want me now that I’m no longer the Nayati you first met. But I think, somewhere, I always just knew you would be my mom in my heart. And...and nothing can ever change that,” she whispered, rose irises flickering to Romani’s features once more.

Can you really just let her walk back into your life like that, forgiven? Have you forgotten what she did to you? She abandoned you! She left you to crumble just like everyone else! She couldn’t possibly care for you, she couldn’t love you if she walked away like-!

But she can. And I will let her come back. I will always let her come back. If she did not love me, she would not still call me Dear Heart. If she did not love me, she would not have ran all the way here searching for me, would not let me choose to stay even if it is clear she doesn’t want me to.

I love her, and she loves me. That’s all that matters in my eyes.

And that was the end of the matter, a chapter closed in the story of her ever-progressing life. Written out like scripture in the runes of her eyes and lovingly painted with dabs of ink from trembling fingertips upon her skin, a comfort she would wear for eternity, knowing it had been her decision. The crack in her mother’s voice was too painful to hear, and Nayati’s calm visage was disturbed in a ripple of concern as she touched the ground before her, moving closer in worry over the beautiful mare. Nothing spilled from her own vocals just yet, knowing Romani wasn’t quite done speaking. When nothing more came from her, Nayati sucked in a deep breath, and squeezed her eyes shut.

She ran.

Little legs sprang forward and she ran like the little yearling she was right towards Romani’s chest, stopping only in time to press herself close to the russet doe’s hide, inhaling her scent and warmth- her love- like it was oxygen and she had finally surfaced from years underwater. And if her breaths came a little shaky with tears that gathered but did not shed, who but her mother was around to see it happen? ”I-I love you momma. I...If you still will...I want to go home with you. I want to be home again, I don’t want to be alone anymore. I don’t want to be scared anymore...I love you...” she whimpered softly into Romani’s shoulder, pressing as close as her body could allow, waterfalls of locks spreading like a snowy blanket around the both of them in her flurry of movement.

Please, please just let her say yes. Just let her take me home. She is home. Please, please for once my Gods, let me have this one miracle. Let me have just one break!

---
Tag: @[Romani]
Notes: So long of a wait ;____; hope it was cute enough to make up for it?

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
Mother and Daughter [Nayati, Bale] - by Romani - 04-07-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Mother and Daughter [Nayati, Bale] - by Nayati - 07-24-2013, 01:21 AM