the Rift

[PRIVATE] Leather for a price? [Coris]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix
L u p u s
when the world gets in my face I say have a nice day

I was a wolf. A warrior. A predator. I was born with tooth and claw to bring down the smaller, more worthless creatures of the land and to have them for my dinner. I had no mercy for them, nor did I ever feel guilt for ending there pitiful life and causing them pain. In fact, it felt quiet good at times. Like when me and Ayaka had brought down those two cat's. It felt good, brilliant in fact, to sink my teeth into there necks, listening to them yowing in pain. Sometimes though you went for larger prey, a deer or something or even, here in Helovia, a mare, foal or stallion.

Foal's (and mares genuinely) were quiet easy to bring down, stallion's however were tougher and more powerful and were harder fight, never mind killing the brutes. Kicks from any horse creature are deadly and can cause blinding pain, whether it was in the ribs, head, back, legs or anywhere for that matter. It always seemed to bloody hurt. I trotted on though the forest, mulling over these thought's. The time amulet I had found was round my neck, clapping against my skin but thick fur deafened the sound.

What dulled pain? Magic? Medicine? Hurting yourself so much it stops hurting? Armour? Armour! A small grin flashes from my jaw as I keep trotting though the dark forest, enjoying the cool day of the new season. Where would I get armour from? I doubted the gods would just give me armour and anyway, I couldn't travel to the veins; They were practically ruined now and it wasn't like I knew any crafter of any sort. Suddenly though I forget about armour, a mouse scuttled across the path in front of me and as any wolf would do, I leapt onto each, catching it perfectly with my paws. I snapped it up in my jaws, chewing it's flesh and crunching on small bones, most of which were spat out. I lay there chewing it up and playing with the bones on the ground then I think back to what the mouse's last words were but then I remembered, the mouse barely had time to scream. That was the true predator I am and if I ever got any armour, I would not be hunting just mice but bigger creatures as well. A cruel grin flickers fro my jaw.

[ Sorry about how bad this is... ]

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Coris had ventured a good distance from the Throat in his search of materials for the wall. Venati, perched upon his withers, pecked suddenly at his mane, tugging out a few strands in his vigor. Coris' ears snapped back, lips peeling over teeth, but he took them off his head with a shake.
Yes, yes his mind complained, knowing the bird was truthful. He would have been back to the Throat already probably if he hadn't also been out hunting while he looked. A freshly killed hare was slung about his neck, beating on his left shoulder with every stride. It hangs from his leather ropes, the least interesting thing compared to the armor settled upon his flanks and chest, or the guard snug against his horn.

The flesh of the hare would allow him to make such similar attire.

Coris had found a few ores, and hoped as he descended into the Deep forest, that he would find more. The Throat had the metals to be sure, but the ground there was hard and unyielding and lacked large game besides. Coris still limped on his one leg and needed more malleable earth to cooperate with him for resources.

An abrupt motion to his left brought the stormy stallion to a pause, head swiveling in turn with his falcon's. Venati spotted the wolf first, his eyesight much better, but Coris heard and soon enough smelled the beast. Another pelt his mind hummed as he lowered his horn and began to charge for the pale beast.

The pelt would make a rather nice gift for Cirrus he thought with a mad grin.