the Rift

[OPEN] i can't be by your side; birthing, biru

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 515cd56161db3]

The FireHeart

As of late, Adele's sides had grown increasingly larger. Her tummy twisted and turned within her, making the mare feel sick. Vera was incredibly worried, obsessing over the weight she had been gaining. Adele simply did not eat enough to gain that many pounds so quickly. They had considered the fact that Adele might be pregnant, but that thought was dismissed quickly. Neither of them even knew how to make babies!

Although there was that one night. With Loki.

The things he had done to Adele that night confused her, and it hadn't felt right at all. But she had gone along with it, playing the puppet in their twisted show. Vera had gone that night, to look for the Foothills so she knew nothing of their antics. But ever since that day, that one Gods forsaken day, Adele's stomach had swelled and made her feel sick.

Today Adele's stomach was round and painful, small contractions withering throughout her body. She was tired and weak, confused and lost, her only company being her little dragon, Vera, who flew by her side, carefully watching her body.

All at once, Adele couldn't breathe. She couldn't walk any further and the pain she had felt all day was turning into the feeling of flames burning her body relentlessly. She felt an urge to push, so that was what she did. It was instinct, something encoded in her way of life that she couldn't forget, no matter how many memories escaped her grasp.

Vera chirped with panic, bounding all around her bonded, constantly shrieking the words, 'What is this?! What have you done to yourself?!'. But Adele barely took note of the words, for she was in that much pain.

Then it all stopped.

Adele exhaled a shaky breath, believing herself to have been sick for a while. Yes, that had to have been why this had all happened. The mare stood on wobbly legs, one of her hind hooves accidentally knocking into something soft. She turned her head ever so slightly to see Vera hissing at a lump on the ground previously where Adele's legs had been. So she really had been expecting.

The mare moved towards her new child, observing the horn upon his head as she gently touched her muzzle to liquid-soaked coat. She began to clean him, nudging her new boy to stand up. Adele was happy she'd have another companion, that she would get the parental bond with her baby like the one Torasin and his daughter had, but Vera was not. At the sight of Adele showing compassion for the child, Vera huffed a smokey breath and turned away. "Don't worry, my child," Adele laughed as she rolled her eyes at the dragon, "She's just jealous. Are you alright my little Biru?" The mare cooed, stroking his mane with her muzzle. She had carefully thought out the name, thinking it perfect for her new child. Adele encourage Biru to have his first meal, for she was all too excited to have him with her.

A snap of a twig could be herd not too far out. Fearing the worst, Adele looked at the scrawny foal she had birthed. How could she had ever thought she'd be able to take care of him? She couldn't. Not even with a fire breathing dragon, Adele was not a mother. She had a life ahead of her, full of romance and fun. She couldn't be weighed down by a foal when she had no home!

Backing up from her little Biru, Adele frowned sorrowfully and took one last look at him. "I'm so sorry," She said, broken were her words. She took off at a full gallop away from the place, tears streaming down her face. But she knew leaving him was the right thing to do.

'So you left it?'

'What else could I do, Vera? I am not capable of being a mother. Maybe one day, when I have a herd and a true man who love me, but I cannot support myself, a dragon, and a child! It'd be a foolish thing to even try.'

And so they ran. They ran far, far away from Adele's little Biru.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
The dragon goes to baylee also.