the Rift

Asleep and Dreaming [Tares]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The flaming fury of the phoenix ripping the snake to shreds shook me out of the trance the bloodlike sap had me in. I snorted nervously and backed up away from the substance. I was shocked at myself; that snake had been about to kill me and I had no idea. If this mare hadn’t come along to rescue me from the snake and well…myself, I did not want to think about what would’ve become of me. Her flaming wing felt protective and strong on my withers, the flames adding a bit of extra warmth. They stood out shockingly from her deep shimmering black coat and mane. Her yellow eyes matched the flames of her wings and the phoenix companion who had saved me from the snake, and they were now looking at me with care and compassion.

There was something off about the compassion she was trying to show. It was guarded. She had a coating of secretiveness over her outward concern. I could at once tell this mare never truly enjoyed showing her emotions. I looked at her with gratitude clear on my face, knowing she had saved me from a potentially deadly encounter. I stepped closer to her, carefully keeping myself under her wing as I enjoyed the feeling so much. My green eyes looked straight into hers and I said, “I owe you my most sincere gratitude. I am not at all sure of what you protected me from, but I do know that if you had not come to me when you did, that something terrible would have happened to me. And for that, I owe you a debt that I am not sure I will ever be fully able to repay. My name is Aure, and I am new to this land. Who, may I ask, is the brave mare that saved my life?” I moved my leg so it touched hers, in an offering of respect and friendship that I had used all my life, but only remembered now. I was getting sick of not being able to remember even an hour of what my life used to be.

Messages In This Thread
Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Open, Tares, Cassieopeia] - by Aure - 07-19-2012, 08:22 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Aure - 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
RE: Asleep and Dreaming [Tares] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM