the Rift

[PRIVATE] I died a long time ago, in that worn out war

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My façade was not harmless, seeing that he was the one troubled now – ice-chip eyes freezing as I turned and lifted a tipped feather. Something spun within him, but it was too early yet to see what was lying beneath the injured bed of spots; however I believe his eyes told enough of the story. He seemed… driven to make a decision, almost overwhelmed. It would make sense, though, if he were telling the truth. The scavenging days seem to be the most enjoyable ones, those days where the mind could experience great things. I looked out towards home, trying to imagine this spotted creature maintaining himself in the mirages of the desert. He wasn’t well equipped. I glanced at the heavy mane, the thick feathering. If he were black it would be out of the question. Lacking my wings, he couldn’t even find the misty shelter of a cloud. Even winter, cold as the nights were, the day could still manage to lather a good foam in your neck. The desert is rough.

Dreven’s eyes suddenly seemed relieved, lips tugging into a smile. ‘Is this what he’d wanted all along?’ I half expected him to refuse rashly. A home in the Thoat? I smiled back, eyes glimmering. He’d only made it half as easy and a part of me frothed usually absent guilt, because he had no clue as to what would come for him. The handsome Dreven could think he’d like me and so I enjoyed every grin I received. His voice hummed humbly, full of gratitude and honor and I shook my head, smiling, as if not receive such formality – but I simply chuckled as he accepted. I glanced up at him with friendly eyes recognizing now he’d be officially family.

“Good choice,” I nearly sing to him, beginning the walk back under the moonlight with a swift step, beckoning him after with a noble swish of my tail. We watch our hooves press across the charred ground until it widens out into the deep, red sands of home.

“Welcome to our family.”

Sumati the Sinbird
there's no thunder to warn you that I'll bring you to your knees

credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 04-11-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 04-25-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 05-23-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 06-01-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 06-08-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: I died a long time ago, in that worn out war - by Sumati - 07-06-2013, 05:14 PM