the Rift

.H O M E.

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I stood there smiling gleefully at the new mare, when I heard the footsteps of another approach. All of a sudden, I felt the need to hide behind another tree or leave when I saw the new mare approach. I tried to push the sudden shyness down, and shifted nervously as she came closer. At least she was a pegasus like us. I didn't have a problem with Equines or Unicorns, but when you really wanted to spread your wings and fly, you would feel guilty about leaving them behind. But as soon as the mare spoke, I eased in. It was truly the ones that loomed over you with cruel faces and voices that terrified me. She settled herself in between the other mare and I, but still not too close for our liking, which calmed my anxiousness. "Hello there Africa! I'm Pheonix, and I have to agree, it is a lovely day", I told her with a happy jump to my voice. I lifted my head and looked around the place, admiring the towering oaks and the firs mixed in the forest. the air was just perfect, with a slight breeze, slowly ruffling my white mane. I stared at Africa seeing that she was certainly full of youth, and probably a little bit you get than me and with the sun shining on her, she had a gleam to her dappled gray coat. I looked back at the palomino, and like Africa, she seemed quite happy, but a little bit more calmed.

The palomino gal seemed like an Arabian, with a dished face and green eyes that seemed to glow, but even for an Arabian, she seemed a tiny bit small. But Africa was quite the tall one. She was taller than me, and towered two hands above the other palomino gal. Finally after staying quiet, the lass finally spoke. "Hello Liseanne", I said rolling her name over my tongue. It sounded...elegant. "You both have interesting and pretty names", I randomly said, trying to be complimentary and nice. Hopefully, that remark didn't creep them out. I gave an embarassed smile and carefully chose my words before I could make some sort of stupid remark again. "I came here, escaping from my old home", I started. Actually you were captured, stupid, I thought scornfully to myself. "And I met a lass named Neferati. I promised to help her find her father, but I can't seem to find her, which is why I came. But instead, I met you two", I said smiling, glad that I met new horses. "But to tell the truth, I am interested in living in the Throat," I said. The sun finally came out shining on my pelt making it seem like orange fire. I smiled and looked at Liseanne. Maybe she wanted to join too? I could already tell that Africa was from that place. I could smell sand and other horses all over her gray pelt. It would be nice to join with another.

Messages In This Thread
.H O M E. - by Liseanne - 04-09-2013, 05:39 PM
RE: .H O M E. - by Pheonix - 04-10-2013, 02:26 AM
RE: .H O M E. - by Africa - 04-10-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: .H O M E. - by Liseanne - 04-10-2013, 05:27 PM
RE: .H O M E. - by Pheonix - 04-12-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: .H O M E. - by Africa - 04-12-2013, 06:43 AM
RE: .H O M E. - by Liseanne - 04-15-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: .H O M E. - by Pheonix - 04-16-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: .H O M E. - by Africa - 04-16-2013, 05:43 PM