the Rift

Another dream today | amulet, cirrus, open

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
Barely able to stand upon one single spot, the little flicka's weight shifted from foot to foot, her tiara turned down, intently staring at the emerald held within the bronze metal’s grasp. She almost looks dismayed at her mother’s words, suggesting that another might own the beautiful jewel, but the sadness is short-lived, for she is reassured swiftly after the initial speech that it might become her own.

An amulet! The filly barely understood the concept of amulets, but was thrilled nonetheless by being fortunate enough to be bestowed with one. Obediently she held her little chiselled façade still for her mother to loop it over her stout, curved neck, her little tufty tail swinging back and forth with glee all the while. It thumped into place, the chain holding it perfectly between her pectoral muscles, the vividly green jewel proudly on display upon her chest.

A broad smile was upon her maw, though happiness was commonly found upon her, it glowed with renewed vigour now, excitement causing her to spread her wings, the sky above them staining her pelt that vibrant, sky blue hue – it was like her mother’s normal coat, only with that hint of sunlight sometimes causing it to vary at odd intervals along her barrel. Soon enough the dusk would bring a colourful display of pinks and oranges to her downy, foal pelt.

A being born of snow seemed to rise out of the surroundings then, at least, that’s what it seemed like to the unobservant little Cirrus. She hadn’t yet practiced what her father always did – keeping an eye upon her surrounds so that she might never be surprised – and so the appearance of the dotted unicorn disrupted her happy façade, replacing it with open curiosity and a thirst to know more about him. He moved with a natural cadence amongst this snowy landscape, where she and her mother had to tread carefully, lest their hooves, which were better designed for running across clouds, slip and they end up with their carcasses upon the loam.

“Our feet bring us here because I can’t fly really high across the whole world yet!” Cirrus does not wait for her mother to reply to the stallion, words spilling out of her mouth at him in an all-knowing sort of tone. Could he not see that they were standing upon their feet, feet which just like his own, had walked them across the lands? A small snort tumbled from her nose, she found his question to be quite silly the more she considered it.

Maybe because he looked like a creature of winter he was immune to the heat? Maybe he lived here all the time? Cirrus had been here before, and met a lovely bunch of friends, all different shapes and species – if anything, she would have thought that Merakerr owned these lands. “It’s too hot at home, and besides, my amulet was here waiting to be found, and also, I am not a lady!” A jumble of words and thoughts seemed to want to burst forth from her mouth all at once, but eventually she was silent again, a puzzled look being thrown at her mother and this horned steed whom she considered to be very, very silly.

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Another dream today | amulet, cirrus, open - by Cirrus - 07-26-2012, 01:15 AM