the Rift

[BASIN] The Perfect Balance. [plague]

Duska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Her young bones winded around the tree. She was very young, bu not sad. With still another quarter of a year left before she turned two, she wasn't in totall need of a parent. Rather than being dependent, she swayed more to the independent side. A large round tree reached high and sank into the ground next to her. Deciding she should rest her forming bones, she did. She let her weight be propped up against the tawny bark. Her monochromatic gape looked around. Her mane was short, but was growing wild and wavy. A primal edge to her raw beauty. Her name was Duska.

Glancing her dished cranium to the orange canopy over head, she saw the leaves holding onto the trees, but having to let go and float to the floor. They turned shades of red, orange, yellow, and brown. There on the floor, they colored the usually brown soil into harvest season colors. Even the bark peeled off of some of the trunks. It seemed everything was ill prepared for FrostFall, and she wasn't surprised. Her dam had been also. Now, Duska was cursed with a FrostFall birthing. Anyways, she didn't mind this TallSun evening. A slight chill blew through the trees and reminded her of the oncoming blizzards and endless snow. Even more so was she reminded when the wind barely touched the leaves to make them quiver and fall to the ground. Her regal head tilted back down. Her lashes shut as the icy chill stung her orbs. Reopening them when it was gone. Her crown dipping back down to it's original spot.

The jezebel filtered the scenery for a sign of a horse. It'd be wise to pick this one up. She was a beauty. Her monochromatic eyes so easily seeing around her. Barely anything could sneak up to her with out her knowing. Yet she didn't know this place and didn't know where she wanted to go. She was racist, and could easily slit throats with her horn. Her two toned wavy mane and tail glistened a beautiful shine, and her fur glistened with it. She seemed as a goddess with her hued pinkish golden coat that she so proudly wore. Her Arabian bloodlines carried far back, and she held the endurance of many, but lacked strength. She had charisma, honesty, flirtatiousness, and a primal stance to her. She also had the intelligence of many. Without a doubt, she could make a good head-way in any herd. She knew who to kiss up to and who's ass to kick. She knew who to violently harass and who to respect and bow to. Rules. They were hard for her to comprehend at times, but she could learn them. The only rule she discreetly always disobeyed was the rule that when a stallion has a mare to call his, he is off limits. That just doesn't work to much in her brain. Adding to her simple beauty, she knew how to portray herself in a delicate, yet subtle, manner.

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
THE PLAGUE
Elizabeth
How interesting it was for the mare to come to the Threshold, after all that had happened. She graced the forest with her presence this day. There was definitely something wrong with her now, and she felt sick all the time. Her mind has begun to fluster, and she was in a panicked mood. However, the thought of her being pregnant never came back. She didn’t realize that she was indeed with a child, but that would be something for her to freak out about later. She decided that the cold was growing too much on her, and this way would be best spent recruiting. Maybe there was something wrong with her muscles, and she needed to stretch them. However, the walk over was anything less than pleasant.

She was sore by the time she got there, the weight she had gained recently making her walk funny, for she wasn’t used to it. She was always on the skinny side of her freisian built, and the only weight she did carry was that of muscles. She wasn’t used to having fat on her body, and she knew that her midsection had started to have some. Her scars were stretched across her lithe black skin, and she silver markings had started to stretch as well. It was unnerving for her, and she was still unaware. She flicked her tail, upset from the current state she was in. However, she had a job to do. Moving forwards, she saw a horse in the distance. Her coloring was one she hadn’t seen, but she didn’t care much for it. It was a young filly, and she snorted at it. But maybe the young could still be of some use, though she considered most of them to be nothing but foolish.

“And tell me, why is one so young out here all by themselves? It’s dangerous you know. It’s no longer the bright and sunny time of summer, but Orangemoon has come on quick hooves. Things can lurk in the forests that aren’t to pleasant, little child. Let me be the first to welcome you to the land of Helovia. A unicorn such as yourself deserves the best, don’t you think? Elizabeth, Corporal of the unicorn only Aurora Basin. Would you like a home there?”

"Talk talk talk."
WARRIOR
Image Credit

Unregistered
“And tell me, why is one so young out here all by themselves? It’s dangerous you know. It’s no longer the bright and sunny time of summer, but Orangemoon has come on quick hooves. Things can lurk in the forests that aren’t to pleasant, little child. Let me be the first to welcome you to the land of Helovia. A unicorn such as yourself deserves the best, don’t you think? Elizabeth, Corporal of the unicorn only Aurora Basin. Would you like a home there?” Her voice was no surprise. It was worn and tattered. For what reason? The mare looked awfully fat and very sleep deprived. Lack of rest would play tricks over one's brain if held out long enough. Without a thought in her mind, her lips parted. "How long have you been pregnant?" Of course if the mare hadn't known, she'd realize now. Duska was a yearling, but would turn two soon. She was indeed a mare. Lanky and defined, she seemed much more in shape than the dark ivory mare. Her horns was two-toned, where the yearling's were one. Her coat was dingy and grey, whereas Duska's was a softened pink color with vibrant dapples and monochromatic eyes. Whether this mare was actually pregnant or fat, would be dealt out later. "I indeed like this idea of an all-unicorn herd, but if it is all unicorns, where do you find Pegasus and equine...." Her lips paused, but she knew if she was silent long enough the mare would think she enjoyed the company of wings and flat heads. Gross. "...to torture." Her voice held a poison and hate that couldn't be fake. She had won many battles and run many nights. Never would she ever, join a non-racist herd. It was like putting a fox in the hen house. The hens would be massacred, and who was the fox? Her.

"I'd love to join you, but tell me mare, are you racist?" An evil sneer crossed her lips, as she held her crown high. She took in the mare's personality, and appearance while she waited for an answer. She was a dull gray, she had two swirls on both of her sides. Feather circled her hocks, and led Duska to believe she was a friesian. She had an ivory mane, and tail. Her hooves were round and hard. Duska was sorta in a way like that. Duska had a salt and pepper curly tail, and held a raw elegant primal look. Her coat glistened and her legs looked delicate. She was simply beautiful, but she knew others would be too. With that, she spoke her words through inky velveteen lips. "I am pleased to meet another as me. I seem to have wandered into Helovia. I am lost, but not dazed. Would you like to give me more information before dragging me to a place I may despise?" Duska had a clear and very obvious point here. Whether the mare would find her annoying.... that could be dealt out later, but for now, Duska let her smoky audits drift forward waiting eagerly for a reply. She didn't have all day, but maybe half the day. She looked around one last time. She'd come back hopefully picking up her own members.

Unregistered
THE PLAGUE
Elizabeth
Her first words shook me. Pregnant? I wasn’t pregnant…was I? I felt self conscious, and all of a sudden I realized I was. How? How, why, did this have to happen to me! I wanted to scream, to cry, to bite and scratch as this unborn child. But no, no I wouldn’t. There was a guest here, and I would not stand for making a fool of myself in front of a new recruit. My expression was that of surprise, but now it turns blank. She continues talking, and I listen. I smile now, listening to her sharp words of racism and hatred of the other races. She walked forward, still feeling the weight of the unborn foal, and in the back of her main she felt disdain, not only for it, but also for Crowley. They would have to have a conversation later.

“Yes, I am pregnant I suppose. I haven’t been for long. You’re words amuse me. Pegasi and equines ravage the other parts of the lands, and there is never a shortage. They spread like wildfire and breed like mice, which is most unpleasant. And tell me, does the way I talk give you an answer? I hope so.” A smirk was drawn from poisoned lips as I continued. “Well it’s good to know that you still have your wits about you then. The Aurora Basin, the furthest land in the North. Headed by the DarkEmpress Psyche, it is a unicorn utopia. We only allow unicorns in this herd. Though if you seek it, there will be something else waiting for you to snatch you hooves around, but unfortunately I cannot let my lips tell you what it is. You will have to talk to someone else. And I can direct them to you, if you inquire.”

My lips curl into a smile once again, and it is with a heavy heart that I can’t tell her about the Plague. What a shame it is, and what I tragedy indeed. I need to get back into my role, for I’m afraid is has been my absence that gave me less of a role in my group. With secret words, I plot to reclaim my former glory, even regain more than I have ever had.

"Talk talk talk."
WARRIOR
Image Credit

Unregistered
“Yes, I am pregnant I suppose. I haven’t been for long. You’re words amuse me. Pegasi and equines ravage the other parts of the lands, and there is never a shortage. They spread like wildfire and breed like mice, which is most unpleasant. And tell me, does the way I talk give you an answer? I hope so. Well it’s good to know that you still have your wits about you then. The Aurora Basin, the furthest land in the North. Headed by the DarkEmpress Psyche, it is a unicorn utopia. We only allow unicorns in this herd. Though if you seek it, there will be something else waiting for you to snatch you hooves around, but unfortunately I cannot let my lips tell you what it is. You will have to talk to someone else. And I can direct them to you, if you inquire.” It indeed told her everything she needed to know. It also interested her that the mare hadn't know she had been pregnant? Something so obvious, yet slightly subtle, could be seen from a mile away and sensed from five. The filly didn't quite understand how she didn't know. They had bred, no? What a fool this, Elizabeth was. Losing your virginity wasn't like an amulet in which could be found again, but it was now lost forever. If this was unplanned, the mare was in for a shock. Duska had seen multiple mares go crazy with a child, what made Elizabeth different? She tossed her crowned head. "Why aren't you entitled to say? We can keep it a secret. Tell me. I can keep my lips closed...." Perhaps the filly could coax this Elizabeth into telling her. If this failed, Duska would retreat to annoying the mare half to death.

Elizabeth was about to become depressed and anxious, couldn't she keep that from happening to the filly, and tell her? Duska had helped smack the mare to reality, why could not Elizabeth repay her? Duska's lips parted. "I have told you, you were pregnant. You tell me what this gift is." She paused for a moment before speaking again. "I know you want to tell me. I can see your lips quiver with want." She smirked. S subtle course of venom dropped from each word.

OOC :: Only three hundred words so... it's kinda short.

Unregistered
THE PLAGUE
Elizabeth
Her lips did indeed tremble, but she was afraid her hooves were tied. She was shaken, that was for sure, and she was in no position to tell her more than the filly needed. It was nerve wracking that she had come to find out to both being pregnant and bothered about the Plague in the same situation, but she still would not move an inch. Though she could see the youngling was indeed interested, maybe overly interested, she didn’t find it to be a bad thing. Her reasoning was that they needed more unicorns like this. She sighed, shaking her head. Oh how she wished the great Plague wasn’t a secret she had to keep. She wanted all to know about it, for them to coward in fear of the Aurora Basin unicorns, of those that would crush their skulls beneath solid and cloven hooves, of those that would stab them in the heart with ivory horns and laugh at them as they died.

“I’m afraid I can tell you nothing of this secret, other than is has to do with racism and it’s nature is secretive. If you wish to know more, you may follow me back to the Basin. I can direct you to someone who can give you the information. Also, I don’t really consider is a blessing that you told me I am with a child. I am a warrior, and what does this mean for me? No fighting…but regardless, it is getting time for me to return. Are you coming or not?”

She turned her back on the filly, and looked back on her for a split second before moving forward. If the filly really wanted to come, she would follow.

"Talk talk talk."
WARRIOR
Image Credit