the Rift

[OPEN] Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining}

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh

Thank the gods hearing returned quickly, I think.

The deep beats of two sets of masses of feathers reaches my white ears. Swirling blue eyes glance about, a muscled white neck stretches about, stretching the dry throat within, and tickling up a dry cough. I fought it for as long as I could before I gave up a ticked off cough. Gods, I should be stronger than this. I, a colt who grew up during the great drought of vain Brother Sun, in the midst of lava, was hot and thirsty. Though, honestly, it really was deserved for my failure to stop at that last water hole I'd spotted. Anyhorse, not matter how conditioned, could become dehydrated.

It takes a few moments of forced focus for my orbs to fixate upon the shining speck of a pegasus within the folds of air above. Why was it so metallic? When I look away, the same spot is burned into my vision. Were I in better shape, I'd question this more, but I wasn't. A sigh is heaved and I watch to see if the speck will fall, like a star from the sky, to meet my, currently, earth-bound body. It takes only mere moments for my white hide to be spotted, but I could have sworn it had taken centuries, so thirsty was I. It dove from high above, picking up speed and, not showing any signs of pulling up soon I pull up my breath, anticipating a thick shower of sand upon his landing. Sure enough, the horse pulled up at the utter last moment, much like myself, and sent a light, though substantial, cloud of sand into the air, much to my throat's disapproval. Though as the sand settles, my hide remains pristine, untouched by the dusting. At least I could be impressive in that.

My strapping young body still felt so strange next to this long leathered warrior. I'd only just gotten used to my filled out body and voice, and it still felt much like being a foal. When you'd play the game of trying to fill out your parents hoofprints, and knowing you're still too small. But instead of hoofprints and parents, it was only you, and you trying to fill yourself up. I'd been working on things though, and I choked down the coughing fit threatening to overtake me, pulled my form together, and managed a bow of my head to the Elder before me. Returning his greeting, I speak in my earthy voice, "Greetings to you as well, Brother.". Ok, I'm pretty sure that was stallioney, how I was supposed to act. It was short, strong, and emphatic. The stallion goes on to, naturally, inquire as to my purpose in his land. His wording is quite intriguing, and I loll it about in my thoughts before I reply, with a grin,
"What brings me here and why I am here are two entirely different things. One is quite a bit longer that the other. Suffice to say, for the longer one, that I went seeking something, found it, and it wasn't what I'd hoped it to be. As to the shorter, I'm seeking a home, and," I fluff my metallic, gold dusted wings then, "I've heard in the past that this was a fantastic place for Pegasi." and then all my clever wording to this elder goes out the window as my voice catches dryly on the last words, the sand finally pushing its way out of me by force. I could almost roll my eyes in frustration. Though I don't, because that would be both immature and weak. I am not weak, I am not a suckling anymore, I am a stallion, and I am going to act like one, I think.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining} - by Eios - 04-10-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: Glittering In The Sun{Ranked/Open/Joining} - by Eios - 04-19-2013, 02:41 AM