the Rift

[OPEN] Danger Looms [ranked Edge/circe/throat]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
It was entertaining enough to watch as the Dragons shrilled happily at one another and for a while they provided a guise that allowed my mind to stray. However, when a disgruntled shriek filtered through my head with unimaginable force, I jumped slightly to glance around our impervious trio. I wasn’t sure whether I’d somehow contracted some momentary mental illness or if I was just the odd-man-out when it came to what was going on in Ophelia’s presence, but I was suddenly all too attentive. My eyes were wide in question and for a time I was afraid that I would have to admit that I had indeed lost my mind. However, when Ophelia stood to justify the strange outburst not only was I baffled, but I was sincerely debating whether or not I suddenly possessed a skill for telepathy. I turned a curious gaze to Mirage, hoping that my emotions were not as easily readable as they felt.

But the more I tried to make sense of it all, the more I was left feeling… well, I suppose I just felt at a loss. It was as if I were hearing Ophelia’s most private inner conversations and the thought made my cheeks heat with obvious embarrassment. However, there was little I could do to conceal the small chuckle at her thoughts regarding yours truly. I hadn’t expected her “important news” to boost my ego, but I was more than glad to receive the sentiments… even if they were not willingly shared.

However, when her lips finally began to smooth the tension between us all, I decided to turn my attentions away from the questions in my mind and once again to the information that now took the stage in spite the obvious elephant in the room. It was hard to say that I was entirely interested in hearing about the Assassins when we now held their infamous creator hostage, but Ophelia had a gentle way of speaking that made her stale information worthwhile. “Your intentions are very much appreciated, Ophelia.” I couldn’t help the impish smile that followed such threadbare words. It was hard to ignore her presence now that her most secretive thoughts and desires were suddenly being divulged to me.

But of course, I found that diversion was the best remedy for any critical situation and Aaron had somehow become mine. His cool words were enough to pique my interest momentarily and though I found myself scorning his behavior, I couldn’t help the insult to injury that followed. Ophelia’s heated words thrashed rampantly through my thoughts and before I could curse them for causing tension amongst the group, an Indigo mare stepped forth from the shadows of the Edge. She was clearly of the Foothills, but her personal attachment to Ophelia was curious to me. Her quiet voice reached out against the tension that was easily becoming thick enough to slice and prodded evenly at her lead, making sure to tread carefully to ensure a safe removal of the problem in question.

I nodded diligently to the girl, hoping that she would recognize that she was not the only one witnessing Ophelia’s literal mind-fuck but it was still hard for me to watch Mirage recede into her thoughts, warning Akaith of the Chieftess’s progressive issue. When she had effectively communicated to the little gold, I watched as Akaith purred in response to her beloved’s concern for the pale beauty whose thoughts were somehow becoming anything but her own. But as it would seem, this day wasn’t meant for more than just one surprise.

Instead it held many.

Aaron clearly had problems with Ophelia, Ophelia was losing mental control, I was fretting over how to perceive all of it and then, from the mists our rescue party emerged. The twins were a breath of much needed fresh air and I smiled at their innocence. When they moved to their mother’s side, I realized that Mirage had never looked so in her “element”. She was perfectly suited to motherhood and her children were living proof to such a testament. I dipped my face slowly to murmur softly to the two, hoping that they would find comfort in my presence. They reminded me of Essetia in every way, in spite of their unusual appearance. That’s not to say that their beauty had been compromised by the smooth scaling throughout their coat, no, it had only been enhanced. They would grow into beautiful mares like their mother, so proud and strong. And I would be there to witness it all.

OOC| I didn't want to hold you guys up and when I started typing this I had just taken my sleeping medicine. Towards the end of the post, you can tell when it kicked in. XD

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
RE: Danger Looms [ranked Edge/circe/throat] - by Thor - 04-13-2013, 03:01 AM