the Rift

[OPEN] Unknown mistake

Matata Posts: 15
Banned
Colt :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 2
Bear

Tree's danced wildly in a strong, cold wind, rustling Matata's wing feathers ad making him cold, colder then what he was anyway. A thin, crisp layer of snow crunches under his hoofs with each step he takes forward, deeper into the Basin. The sun was at it's highest point in the sky, offering light and warmth but not even the sun seemed able to melt the snow here or warm up the land, although it was well lite.

Matata knew nothing of the racist here, in his eyes, it was just a normal herd of Unicorns who decided to set up camp in a wasteland or lingering coldness. Many time's he had encountered racists in his travels, one he remembered well was a Equine who went by the name Toshi. He was a stallion who believed traditional was best. His herd consisted of Equines only, with what you would call normal coloring and markings and not a wing or horn in sight. Unless, of course, you look towards a burning fire where horns and wings that had been ripped of others (who were left to stay alive) were burnt till they were ash. Brutal, I know.

But as I had said, he had not expected anyone here in Helovia to be like that so, unknowingly he carried on his journey though the frost covered land, hoping to find a filly or two. His canter was perfect in every way, each hoof landing softly and quickly on the ground. He threw back his neck, the wind running though his mane, and puffed out his chest, making him look more muscler then the young Thoroughbred was, he was working out though, he would be pounding with muscles soon enough, he was sure of it. Eventually he halted and, looking round, he called out. "Yo, anyone out here?"

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 2dh77yo.png]
A R A H

Haunted by my eyes,
the way they hold your attention,
even in the loudest silences.

She had heard the call out into the Basin and Arah frowned. Her delicate body moved turned and started to walk towards where she had heard the voice from. The phantom was slow in her approach, not in a rush to address and speak to anyone who began conversations up with 'yo'. Ears pricked forwards she listened for more sound, none reached her though. He must be waiting for a response. She begins searching with her golden orbs now. She wasn't sure what race she was about to encounter, but she did have a general guess about the age. 'I guess I'm about to speak to a young colt.' She chuckled and shook her head. 'Gods forbid if it is a stallion!' She hoped it wouldn't be an equine, after what had happened to her in the wilds, well the desire was lacking to repeat that experience. Her eyes finally found the rat. A winged one, confidence surged through her as she still approached with a lazy air about herself. She remained alert though searching for others who may be trying to enter The Basin unnoticed. She couldn't see, hear or smell anything though.
Other than the winged being in front of her though.

"I'm sorry to say," she wasn't really all that sorry as she spoke to him in a drawl. "But the likes of you are not welcome here at all." She narrowed her eyes as she studied a similar coat to her own. She figured that this colt was not aware of The Basin being a unicorn only place. She didn't care to enlighten him. She was in a bad mood, no one was really the cause of it. Just little things all pilled up to create a black cloud swirling around her chest. To find a winged...thing coming into her home just made her really...well pissed. It wasn't fair to take her anger out on the colt, but hey Arah never said she was perfect. She was having a 'I'm a princess but I'm not' moment. Hard to explain really.

Her orbs where entirely focussed on the winged being. No matter how hard she looked she couldn't find anything to like about the colt. Sure it wasn't the colt exactly. He was fine for a sky rat, she was just struggling to find appreciation for him. She sighed and toned down her rudeness with a smile.
It probably made the situation worse. "Can I help you with something?" If he was looking for something to play with unfortunately the wrong being had heard his call. Arah did not and would not play any games. She wanted to chase this winged one out of The Basin and be done with it. She was also going to protect her fellow herd mates at all costs.

Notes; Sorry, Arah's in a bad mood. Don't take it personally, it'll wear off soon. :P
Words; 471
Tag; Matata

Credits
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Banned
Bear

For a while it seemed no one was home and Matata was growing board of the place but then the white figure of a mare came out from the shadows. Her neck was arched and elegant with a long milky mane tumbling down, with flowers embedded. Her horn's were different, very different in fact, they were those of a deer, something Matata had only seen once before. She was quiet the looker but no one could work a charm round Matata. "I'm sorry to say, But the likes of you are not welcome here at all." The word's 'you' were emphasize and Matata frowned. What made him so different? Yes he was a prince, but no one knew that.

She seemed to be trying to be kind but rudeness still showed, not that Matata cared, he took it all in his stride. "Can I help you with something?" His frown disappeared and a charming grin whipped onto his face. He never have to force this kind of smile, it came naturally to him and in most case's he didn't mean for it to be so enchanting at all.

He threw back his head before speaking, to feel the wind whipping back in his mane. It reminded him of his home on the beach so much. "And what make's me so special that I can't come here 'ey?" He grinned. "Matata by the way, and you?" Normally, she being the one joining him, Matata had expected her to give her own name first but it appeared this case was different, and was the other way round. "I don't really thing I am in need of any help, I am just exploring."

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A R A H

Haunted by my eyes,

The colt took a moment to reply and Arah found herself growing bored. She really was being an arse today. He asked why he wasn't allowed access to The Basin, what made him special. She stared at him for a moment as he continued to ramble on and introduce himself. An explorer he called himself, well he was about to explore the bottom of her hoof is he didn't get moving.
But as that thought crossed through her mind, mixed with the fact that he thought he was special, she burst out laughing. as the laughter tumbled from her lips the anger and rudeness vanished. She continued to laugh for a moment and then struggled to get ahold of herself again. She looked the colt in the eye and responded "No, you lack in being special." Another chuckle passed her lips. "You see darli.." Was it just her, or was she just about to sound like Psyche? She tried again. Matata, we only have unicorns in The Basin." She glanced at his wings for a moment and then turned back to look at her beloved Basin. With a roll of her eyes, she turned back to the colt. "You clearly still have a lot to learn about Helovia."

Eyes settled on Matata she titled her head to the side figuring she should answer his pervious question. Her name, she sighed and quietly responded. "Arah is my name." Then a smirk. "And chasing colts away from The Basin and their untimely demise is the game." She smiled and then backed off a little half expecting him to heed her warnings. "Tell me Matata how many fillies where you hoping to meet on your exploration?" She smiled.

Arah knew charming colts and stallions all too well. She half guessed what his real purpose for appearing at the border of The Basin. She knew that most of the fillies were either the children of racists or where far to young to really acknowledge his advances. She smirked and stood a little closer, standing about the same height of the colt, he was going to be a small stallion. Her eyes where calculating as they looked over the colt with slight annoyance. "To be honest with you, I don't have much time to be wasting here, chatting to you. It was true. Arah had quite a few errands to run.

Notes;
Words; 396
Tag; Matata

Credits

Arielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The days had lingered on from her first steps into the Basin. Where Arah and Mauja had brought her safely home and welcomed her warmly among the family of horned equines. To say, she was rather comfy and at luxury here. Snow, wind, and then the perfect combinations of hot springs were a wonderful addition to her poorly built life. Having no where to go till now. Finally having a place to ground her four hooves, that is till a lingering call was made across the horizon. The ignorance and bliss coming from the mouth was rather amusing but to acknowledge something with belittle grammar and awful formality was just not in her will today. Arielle turned her browned rump towards the call and was beginning to set off in the other direction when a familiar smell hit her nares. Like an instant rush of adrenaline. Excited was her next fill of emotions till the elderly part of her joined in. To act as a filly was no longer the need but she still had the urges to just let loose somedays.

Arah was close. Close to the same scent as the colt. Silver eyes darted to the likes of behind her as she scanned the distance. Fully watching Arahs approach to the pegasus. 'Pegasus.' her face sinking to a grimace, an awful scowl. Hate building within her chest, raging to explode and send her into a million pieces. Blood boiling beneath the surface so hot the puffs of air from her nostrils became even more visible than already. An unsteady clamor to turn with grace failed miserably as she swung her hind end to the complete opposite direction once more. Ears slicked completely to her head. Gait flinging to rough and unkindly canter as she made the long distance from her spot to Arah's side. In time to listen to the very last sentence she makes.

Arielle's stop was ungraceful and blunt, her horn swinging towards Matata's face. Unwilling to stop without getting a taste of flesh if he didn't turn his tail end and get the fuck out. "You heard her, get, you disgusting scum ridden mite bag!" Lips curling backwards to show aging teeth, covered slightly with old grass. The warmblood slowly began to put her weight to her haunches and started to launch forward towards the growing colt. Aiming directly for his neck, shoulder, wing... Any flesh she could possibly manage if he was stupid enough to stand in her way. "You do NOT belong here," the words spitting from her mouth "go before an entire band is upon you. Surely you wish to live." Silver eyes piercing directly to him. Hooves planting themselves amongst the earth again, firmly and with a waver of her muscles she settled herself tight and stood with such hierarchy and power that she felt as though she was defending a home she didn't know. Thats what you do though? Defend family.

I say fuck it, lets kill them all.
ARIELLE
Image Credit

Banned
Bear

I grinned at the laughter that rolled of her tongue and her rudeness seemed to disappear, like it wasn't even there. I knew I wasn't special, obviously she didn't catch the sarcasm in my voice. "You see darli.." The brow of one eye raised at nearly being called darling. It was something I hadn't expected (or wanted) to be called, especially from this horned mare who I still thought of rude. "Matata, we only have unicorns in The Basin." One eye brow lifted again.

Everywhere I seemed to go there was some kind of racism, whether it was against Equines, Unicorn's or Pegasi or just other creatures in general. One name that sticks out among many is Toshi. Bloody racist Equine. He had tried to nab a few wing feathers of me but really, if you think about it, he stood no chance. Duh, I had wings, I could fly and did the heartless moron not get that? I had taunted the brute from the air, he couldn't hurt me at all, I was perfectly safe up there from his bites and kicks but he just wasn't from mine because I could strike from above.

Arah. I lock the name to a mental picture of the mare. The colt chaser she seemed to be. Some how her pretty looks didn't suit that rank. "Tell me Matata how many fillies where you hoping to meet on your exploration?" My grin widens. Really does she think that I even have to explore to find fillies? I think mischievously to my self. "Well, just the one would do but I could handle more I think." I say.

But now a voice of poison drips into my ears which flatten slick back to my neck. And quiet right too, for it was a brute of a women talks. She was a bulky, muscular bay with steel like eye's that could slice right though you. Flames decorated her and a long, shape sword stuck out from her head. "You heard her, get, you disgusting scum ridden mite bag!" I do not let her words hurt me in anyway, or her horn scare me. In fact, if anything, I wanted to laugh in her face. "You do NOT belong here," I take a step back, a small grin returning to my maw. I purposely spread out my wings in a uncaring way then lazily bring myself up into the air so that I am hovering above her. "go before an entire band is upon you. Surely you wish to live."

My grin widens, a flicker in my eye. "And nice to meet you to." I say sarcastically. Then, with out pausing I continue on. "Now then, do you really think that you and your band will be upon me, if anything, I will be upon you. " I laugh, tossing my head back and purposely making a display of my wings. I could easily land upon her if I wanted and mock her whilst standing on her back, wings aiding me so that I didn't tumble to the ground but instead gracefully leapt from her back into the air. I don't bother to try and stand on her though, a whole lot more fun could be brought from this encounter.

"Talk talk talk talk."

OOC:Sorry for the change, I am trying to do it in first person:p

Pirates</style>
Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.</style>

Image Credits

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

A dark laugh resonated through the air, a sharp, cackling noise that emitted from the Weaver as he approached the assembled group. It had been easy to pick them out among the other small groups of Basineers, for bickering was actually not quite as common as some might think. The words of distaste that spewed from the lips of the brindle's herdmates summoned a bemused grin to cross his face, but as he drew closer and gained a better view of the winged trespasser, it pulled back into something of disgust.

"You honestly think that a puny colt could take anybody on? I doubt you could hold your own against a single one of us, chap." His words were spoken with a silver tongue, malice lacing each syllable as he glared with intense golden eyes at the alabaster youth. Honestly, he was not the first one stupid enough to come wandering into the Basin, acting as though it was his right to march into their home without punishment. There had been that painted scoundrel whom had only been saved under Ophelia's grace, and then there had been Azzaron, a recent prisoner to the Basin. Crowley loathed the fiery stallion with every fiber of his being, and if not for his thinning time constraints, he would gladly take the imbecile into his own care.

With a quick glance to his horned sistren, he took a moment to observe the body language they displayed. The pale, antlered mare seemed to handle herself in a calm manner, but it was obvious that she was not a fan of hornless. He had seen her before within the Basin, not even knowing of her name. His eyes then glanced over the largest of the mares, instantly admiring the way she looked upon the colt with rancor, and in a flash, struck out at their guest. He seems to simply brush it off, however, acting as though he were witnessing some sort of comedy act.

Ears brushing back against his skull, Crowley stepped forward, his movement anything but hesitant. "Get the hell out of our home, you goddamn, insolent pest," he says, throwing his head in way of gesture at the colt's wings, "Before I rip those things from your very withers and leave you to the wolves."

I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

A R A H

Haunted by my eyes,

Rolling her eyes at her cocky answer, she almost replied but was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. Arielle, the mare Arah had helped recruit herself, came bounding down the hill. "You're in for it now buddy." She watched the mare's stony expression. Yeah, this wasn't going to work well at all. Arah remained silent during the older mare monologue. Arah was calm on the outside, but inside her there was a fury burning. Didn't Arielle see that Arah had the situation under control? She was keeping the colt out, but was on the verge of finding out if her really was here for the fillies, or if her was here for some other reason. She had just ruined that chance now.
Arah by nature though was always the calmer being and always figured out a way to work through the situation. But the fact that Arielle made her feel like a piece of the scenery was really starting to piss her off.

Arah pretty much had her cocky and pointed speech ready for Arielle when there party of three became four. Still calm, Arah heard the laughter roll off a stag's tongue. She turned and watched him approach them, eyes narrowed slightly in a curious yet calculating stare. His dark pelt was a bleak contrast to the pale white snow. She widened her eyes as he too swore at the colt to get out of The Basin. "Not that I'm siding with this rat bag here," She gave Matata a smirk. Yeah, he should have taken her advice the first time. "But if swearing at him is all it would have taken to make him leave here," she was now speaking mostly to Arielle. "Then I would have done that a long time ago." Shaking her head she took a step back into The Basin, not intending to leave, just to make sure it was clear that, she believed she was supporting The Basin's best interests with her words. "He's a cocky one. He will not simply just leave." She sighed and continued. "He'd much rather taunt us." Hence why she was acting like she didn't care.

Turning to face Matata face on she spoke softly now. "It'll be best if you leave. Right now." She titled her head in the general direction on the wilds and then looked over to the black stag who also seemed as calm as her. Or calmer than Arielle at least. Arah wanted there to be peace and for Matata to leave The Basin without there having been a fight. "The Basin is not a place where you can come and explore." Or taunt and tease it's occupants for that matter. She narrowed her eyes as she wondered what cocky response he would have for them all now.

"Simply, it's not a place for you."

Notes; Super tired. This sucks.
Words; 472
Tag; Matata, Arielle, Crowley and Open.

Credits

Banned
Bear

"Wow I never knew I could attract guys to..." I say, my voice sarcastic and trailing of thoughtfully at the end as the brindled stallion came along to pop in his word. I also throw in a toss of my head, showing of my looks, with a grin dancing mischievously on my maw. I am still holding myself up in the air with my wings beating gently. My ears were pointed forward, keen to listen to the conversation going on below.

As I had guessed, I had been told to leave but I had heard it all before. "You honestly think that a puny colt could take anybody on? I doubt you could hold your own against a single one of us, chap." I puff my body out as much as I can, a grin still fixed on my maw, and then bend a leg up, pretending to examine the muscles which I ripped to show of. I admit, they weren't big but as he had said, I was just a puny colt. After looking at my leg I look back at him, a look of wonder on my face with that mischievous tug. "Really? I'm gonna have to work out more."

"Before I rip those things from your very withers and leave you to the wolves." A grin tugs more at my lips and another idea pops into my head. I suddenly cower in the air, eyes darting from side to side then in a mocking voice I say, "Oohh wolves? Where, where where?!?!" I unfold from my cowered position, grin still fixed firmly on my face. Did he really think I was scared of a few wolves? The fact was, I wasn't, not at all. I could easily turn there brain into mush on the ground.

The grey mare speaks again. She ask's nicely, unless she was just darkly quiet. I would, if she was the only one here. But she wasn't. I personally think everyone deserves respect. Why should I be told to be chucked out all of a sudden, along with many threats to ride along. I look at the brindled stallion with a look of seriousness of my face. "Ask nicely sir. Say please."

"Talk talk talk talk."

OOC: Sorry for skipping o:

Pirates</style>
Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.</style>

Image Credits

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Admittedly, Crowley was surprised when the pale mare was the first to speak up to him. Twisting his head around to look briefly upon her, he wasn't sure what to say to her. She wasn't being inherently rude, but her words weren't doing anything to quell his rising, boiling temper. Normally Crowley would proffer some sort of snide comeback and go on about his business, but turning his gaze back upon the Pegasus, he chose to ignore her for the time being. His goal was to get the blumbering fool out of his home and away from his family, and as quickly as possible.

Exhaling roughly, Crowley met the youngster's azure gaze with his own golden depths. With ears dipped back in clear annoyance, he watched the pale colt examine his foreleg, as if admiring himself with a disgusting grin on his face. 'Narcissistic bafoon,' he growled in his mind, then watched as the colt went to faking a cowering stance. Honestly, Crowley didn't care how tough the intruder thought he was; as far as he was concerned, he would get what was coming some day, be it today or years down the road.

Rolling his eyes, the brindle gave a sharp flick of his tail and fixed a bored gaze on their winged guest. Wolves ought to be the last thing on the lad's mind, for they wouldn't come along until after he was dead. The Weaver might have spoken the fact, but he feared more irritating retaliation from the monstrosity flapping above them. It was laughable, really, the stupidity that this Pegasus was displaying. In Crowley's eyes, this only confirmed the stupidity of the lesser races.

"How about you come down here and face me like a real man?" He says gruffly, already prepared for a bombardment of petty insults or childish laughter. "If you're so tough, then why do you linger in the air? You're nothing but a coward, a child. A worthless waste of air." If it was a fight he wanted, it was a fight he was going to get.

I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith