the Rift

[OPEN] Oh Father, Where Art Thou?

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
“Another story? You want another?”

I laugh, and though I know I am starting to grow weaker by the hour, I know that this group around me is all I have left. Around they go, wandering around and giving me medicine. And even in my old age, it no longer heals me; though I take it and I don’t utter a word about it. I know my death is coming closer, but there is nothing I will say to them to let them know.

“Upon a week after my birth, my mother and father and I were in the Throat. My father heard his named called, and I tried to follow him, but I was told to stay back, to wait with her for him to return. Like a good daughter, I did, but the day grew to night, the night grew to day, and the day grew to night once more. This repeated for another 2 days, and he had been gone for a while. I was restless, and I wondered away from my mother, trying to find company in the Dragon’s Throat. I want to find someone, anyone, who would know where he had gone. There had to be someone, after all. I walk down, and I look up to the sky. It is bright and sunny, even with the changing of the season to fall, and I sigh. I call out, my lips dry, and my eyes starting well with tears for my Papa.”

‘Daddy, where are you?’

And out of all the things I've done
I think I love you better now
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

Gaucho was certainly not one who's heartstrings were plucked at when someone called for, "Daddy". Yet even so, the Throat was his family, and he their sworn protector. Even if it be only a lost child, he would go to it, and give aid, if he was able. His heartstrings might not have been plucked, but his sense of duty certainly was.

Across the dusty and reddish sands, the large bay made his way to the filly. His massive black wings were tucked neatly to his sides as he moved with a strange elegance, unfitting for a creature so decidedly primitive as he. His antlered brow cut cleanly through the air, which had started to cool and gather moisture as Orangemoon fell across the lands. In the tines of his antlers, Mara, the black-mamba snake curled; clinging to the warmth that her bonded gave off, and keeping silent. As Gaucho's steely blue-gray gaze fell upon the child, he frowned slightly. She had no wings, and as such, would not have been allowed immediate entrance into the lands. With a grunt, the bay drew near, prancing with a slightly aggressive gait, for though she was only a filly, she might still be an intruder.

He had no idea that the unicorn he had sparred with in the season previous had bore a filly, and that this was it. The politics and birthings of his herd was not something Gaucho had ever taken an interest in, yet as he found himself confused by whether this orangish foal was of the Throat or not, he made a mental note to start paying greater attention. Halting a few feet before her, he peered down at the small creature, nose flaring to retrieve her scent. She certainly smelled of the Throat...Stoically, he lowered his muzzle closer to her height, and snorted again, yet said nothing as he eyed her uncertainty.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Cherie Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Cherie

live like the world is yours to take and love as though your heart won't break

Valentine was gone. He had left me and my daughter to play alone, because someone for some reason had called for him. But... He had not come back. Days and nights had passed now, I didn't know how many, and I was getting more worried with each hour. Each minute. Second.
Where was my heart's wish? We had not known each other for very long, but he had caught my heart at first sight and I love him now. I really love him.
Trying to be a good mother, I had taken care of Aiko as good as I could've possibly done. She was my darling, my little treasure. She would always be, just like Valentine was one of my greatest treasures. But then that day came, when I woke up to find nothing. My daughter was gone and still no Valentine to be seen.
Panic filled me and I barely knew what to do. What if someone had taken Aiko away from me?
What would I ever do if I lost them both? I would go nuts. The mother in me got up and started the searching for the little chestnut filly. She couldn't have gone far, and soon enough - I found her.
I found her in the company of a strange winged stallion whom I had never seen before in my life.

Scared, I run to my daughter and try to soothe her cries after her daddy. I observed the pegasus while trying to soothe her, slightly scared of him. Who was he and why was he even close to my little daughter?
"Excuse me, mister, but what do you think you're doing? Who are you?"
This stallion was not to believe that he could just get to know my daughter just like that, not before I've met him first. He looked strange, with both horns and wings together with some strange hat between his horns. Or maybe it was a net?
"My name is Cherie, and this is my daughter Aiko Darleane."
Introducing myself was probably a good start - but was it a good idea?

ooc: No muse at all >.>
word count: 350
image credits
table by whit

Unregistered
“And so it then that my mother appeared. She had indeed noticed I was missing, and so she came a bolt speed to get me. But I could hear the worry in her voice when she saw me with a strange pegasus, and she immediately went on the defensive. The pegasus, though a bit bigger than I had originally expected, said nothing to me as he walked up in front of me. He snorted, but that doesn’t count as speaking technically, now does it? But still, my mother introduced me before I could, and I nodded in agreement. Before talking to the big bay, I looked at my mother with open eyes, smiling at her as I did. I would not scold her, for I knew she only meant to protect me, and therefore I understood why she was on edge.”

‘Mother, it’s alright. He just wandered up for me because I called for Papa. I don’t know where he is, and I’m worried about him.’

I nuzzled her chest, because that was all I could reach, and I played a game I had grown used to doing with her. I ran through her legs, criss crossing and laughing as I did so. It was fun, and she didn’t seem to mind it too much, and she even smiled when I did. I look at the pegasus, and I state my direct question to him, with confidence.

'Please tell me sir, have you seen my father? His name is Valentine. He is whitish with a red horn, with red and black hair, red stripes on his legs, and he has a heart on his left side. If you have seen him, do you know where he has gone? He hasn’t been here for the last couple of days, and I’m afraid that he is missing.'

“My father was missing. But I would do everything in my power to find him.”

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi’s ears tipped forwards to the familiar voice of Gaucho. Glancing over he quickly realized that Gaucho was not alone. There standing before him was a beautiful filly and probably the proud mother although Levi wasn’t sure. She smelled of the Throat so she was a sister, but Levi had never seen her before. Levi was always particularly fond of foals for he absolutely adored them. If there was one thing that Levi was a sucker for it would be foals! The silver brute had always had an interest to be a father, but he didn’t seem to have the best luck with the ladies lately. A deep sigh rose in his chest, but he knew one day he would find someone. Maybe he would be able to sire a foal, maybe many. The thought brought a smile drawn from his dark lips. Technically he did have a daughter, but he didn’t sire her, he just took her in as his own. He loved her dearly and wanted nothing but the best for her, but with her being older she was able to be free… but he told her that she had to stay with him for a while no matter what.

Slowly the brute made his way towards the trio. “Afternoon Brother and Sister. My name is Levi and my brother here is Gaucho. “ His honey like tone rang. Quickly he dipped his head to Gaucho, then to his sister and finally to the little foal. “Congratulations mam she’s quite the beauty, might I ask what her name is?” He smiled as he watched her play around clumsily. The thought of a new foal to the Throat excited him and he wanted to tell Kri. He felt every new member should have fair welcoming, especially new foals. Pressing his head down level with the fillies, he looked at her with soft features. He gave a soft whinny to assure her a formal welcome!

"blah blah blah."

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

As Cherie rushed to Aiko's side, Gaucho retreated a few steps, narrowing his stormy gaze. He assumed this was the filly's mother, and while he certainly understood her protectiveness, he also didn't see what it was she thought Aiko needed protection from. Was she not aware of her own herd? Had she not constantly seen Gaucho, and the other warriors constantly on patrol, constantly defending and guarding their safety? Saying nothing in response, he merely snorted, mentally reinforcing why it was he had decided to protect his herd-family, rather than socialize with them.

His attention was drawn to the horned filly as she spoke, uttering more words than Gaucho was able to keep track of. Blinking mutely, he looked down at the girl while trying to retain the words that had come out of her mouth so quickly. Vaguely, he think she was asking about her father, something about a horn, and red, and a heart? Was he in the Heart? Is that what she was asking? Just as he was about to open his jaw to inquire, Levi arrived at his side. Although he had been slightly concerned about his Sargent's long absence, in this regard, he was relieved to have him at his side. At least Levi was able to converse with the mares of this herd much more easily than Gaucho. Grunting, he bobbed his head as the smaller stallion introduced him, affirmitivley adding, "Gaucho" just to be clear.

Looking to Levi, he nosed towards the small filly, flaring his nostrils. "Father in Heart." He advised, nodding gravely, as the filly's tone of voice had sounded somewhat worried, and so he too, tried to convey that message. Shooting Cherie one last look of frustration and disapproval, he moved a few strides away from the group, before taking to the skies, to continue his patrol.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Cherie Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Cherie

live like the world is yours to take and love as though your heart won't break

"Mother, it's alright." I glanced at the pegasus and then looked at my little daughter again, nervously throwing glances at the stallion. I wasn't so sure about that, but I guessed that I could calm down a little...
Aiko nuzzled my chest and I felt my heart skip a beat. Her warmth was comforting since Valentine was gone - and could therefor not comfort me. I missed him, I missed him almost too much because I felt an ache in my heart that I hadn't felt before. My daughter suddenly started to laugh and ran around my legs, criss-crossing and making me smile vaguely. I even giggled at her silliness.

I observed my horned filly as she turned to the pegasus and let out a ramble of words. I almost didn't catch all of it, but I knew she asked about her father. Possibly she asked where he was. My black orbs observed the savage stallion - well, he at least looked like a savage - and a worried look fell upon my face like a veil.
Why had I never seen this strange pegasus before? I felt like I should recognize him, but why didn't I? Had I really kept myself away that much from the herd...?
The tension between us was quickly broken as another pegasi stallion came to join us. One who looked like an actual normal pegasus and not like a savage stallion.
He stared a bit too much at Aiko according to me though.

Slightly tensed once again, I watched the stallion as he came closer and greeted us. He said that his name was Levi, and that this savage stallion apparently had a name. Gaucho.
He bowed slightly by nodding his head to us and finally at my foal. I frowned on the inside, but kept a pokerface on the outside.
"Congratulations mam she’s quite the beauty, might I ask what her name is?" I raised my head a little and a vague smile appeared on my lips. Well, he was quite polite.
"This is my daughter Aiko Darleane, my dear Levi and Gaucho, and my name is Cherie."
My voice was soft and friendly, and even had a little proud tune to it.

I looked at the sava- Gaucho, and tilted my head at his words. Father in Heart? That wasn't what my daughter said.
"Excuse me, ehum... Gaucho. She did not say that. Her father has a heart on him - marking."
I understood it as he didn't quite know words so I made it a little easier for him.
I lowered my head and nudged Aiko motherly, blowing warm air in her short, red mane. She was so beautiful, my little daughter.
My adorable little Aiko.

"Talking."

ooc: I love muse<3
word count: 456
image credits
table by whit

Unregistered
"Warm air graces my semi-short red hair, blowing some hair in my eyes as my mother blew her sweet breath towards me. She smells of the desert of me, and the most comforting, of my father. Tears begin to well in my black eyes, and I bury my face in my mother's breast. How I miss him so, and I'm on a little filly. My father is the most important person in my life at that moment in time besides my mother, and as I'm growing, he's gone. Why did life have to be so cruel to me? I start to wonder now, if he left us, throwing us away as if we were nothing but trash and he was just saying sweet words to get out of trying to keep us. I would learn later that this thought was all wrong, for my father had been stolen by the Aurora Basin because he knew of the secret organization known only by them for racist unicorns. Gaucho seems to be no help, and he flies away with out another simple worded sentence after he speaks to Levi. Levi, on the other hand, seemed to be able to speak appropriately, for his words were well spoken, and most of all, kind. He asks my name and my mother answers of course. He bows his head to whinny at me, and I smile, whinnying softly back as a smile graces my soft, small lips. He seems nice, and perhaps I could ask my question to him."

'Excuse Mr. Levi, could you perhaps help me? My father, Valentine, is missing. Do you know him? He's whitish and has a heart marking on his side, and some stripes on his legs. He's a unicorn like me, but his horn is red. Does any of this sound like a horse you know? He's been gone for almost a month now, and I'm desperate to find out where he is.'