the Rift

[OPEN] So you missed the intro? No worries, so did I.

Valka Posts: 32
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3
tay
She erred.

Valka realized the error late; the strange filly was already pulling back, face crumpling, figure curling in on itself. A strange, raw terror added to the confusion and fear already humming in Valka’s blood – would the mother appear? Would she be punished? Her head swung up and wildly she gazed around, but no one came. Not yet, anyway.

Meanwhile, the child was retreating from her and the strange sensation of another presence brushing alongside her mind had vanished altogether. Somehow, this simple lack of intrusion went far in soothing Valka, and feeling as though she had the upper hand again she watched the child with curious eyes. ”Uhm –“ What did a mare say to calm that kind of fear? Was the girl afraid? Maybe she hadn’t meant to be frightening; maybe this power was new to her… Maybe she thought it normal? There were unicorns with wolf friends here in the Basin, after all… To be fair, Valka acted more out of a rising panic that she would be caught and reprimanded than any true sensation of regret, but she did her best to make her tone soothing when she finally put words together.

”Please don’t cry,” Valka commanded at last, tail flicking anxiously. ”I am… not angry. Simply… surprised.” She lowered her long face a bit and gazed at the foal. Be gentle, she thought, ears flicking back in a frown of intense concentration. ”Your magic is wondrous and it took me by surprise.” Why was this so difficult? Perhaps she ought to run away…

Instead she stood lamely staring at the pretty girl, wondering how to make amends with a child, hoping the mother didn’t suddenly appear and tear off her skin.

stock credit: elaineselenstock.deviantart.com | hellofascination1991.deviantart.com | burtn.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: So you missed the intro? No worries, so did I. - by Valka - 05-25-2013, 07:13 PM