the Rift

[OPEN] So you missed the intro? No worries, so did I.

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

Tingling; every slender purple hair was standing on end as if they had just been electrified. Could she see how these little legs trembled? A shaking that I couldn’t restrain, my conscious didn’t have time to even think about stopping the shakes—and for the first time the quivering wasn’t because of our chilling home. I stared up into those tri colored orbs of this startled mare. Had I been older, more mature and familiar with the ponderings of adults—I would have understood her rush of nerves, even comprehended the uncertainty she just felt. If I had been older.

We stood at a cross road, both of us looking ready to bolt. Or in my case, bolt/trip over the slippery ground. Adults were so much bigger, so much more intimidating. It was disarming to see one so shook up—. Silence drug on, and I never blinked. I couldn’t look away, what if she started yelling again? Slowly, the girl seemed to unthaw ever so slightly. “Please don’t cry.”
The voice was softer, but anxiously prying. I couldn’t help but wonder what she meant by crying, though this pondering lasted only a split second as a single hot tear streaked down my face; and I shamefully understood her meaning. My tiny head jerks up an inch in an outward display of watchful caution, totally unwittingly, when the dark adult lowered shapely neck toward me to have level conference.

I gathered that she wasn’t angry at me; some words are easier than others to understand, and this knowledge helped sooth my fur immensely. It was also understood that I had somehow taken her by surprise. Lips are still curved into a frown across a face that would better suit a smile. “Your magic.” Magic? What was…magic? Brows furrow, confusion mixed with enough curiosity is what drives my next attempt to talk, “What is…magic?” The question might come to her slowly, as if one hand reached out to caress the side of her cheek with a featherlight touch that barely brushed skin.
credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: So you missed the intro? No worries, so did I. - by Sielu - 05-25-2013, 11:10 PM