the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Many times over I had trekked to the Threshold under the pretenses of assembling members for the Edge, but as it would appear I desired more than numbers these days. I sought an uprising, a moment in my life that would define all of my actions up until this point. I longed for dedication and reason and I knew that I could find it in the Edge, but I wanted others to feel it as well.

Upon leaving the mists I noticed a change in myself that I had come to ignore so many times before. I felt as if I were part of the land and its cause, not just a foolhardy follower to Mirage (though I can’t say that I would have any problem being so). I hadn’t seen war or been pushed to my limits, but that didn’t mean that I wasn’t more than willing to do as much. I feared the impending threat of the Basin but I knew that no matter how we ended, we would not fall forever, if at all.

Languidly, I pushed into the Threshold hoping to find whatever it was that I was searching for- I had come with intent and I sought to see it fulfilled. There was a constant nagging in my chest that begged for release or at least a compromise of sorts; it was an idea that pressed itself upon me to resist the idle existence I now led in the Edge. So again, I wandered into the claiming grounds hoping to find the reason behind my torment.

It didn’t take long for me to find purpose and when I did, I knew there was no way that I could walk away just as easily as I’d come. She was an exquisite creature made of gold and the blanket of midnight stars above. She too carried feathers upon her back most certainly meant for flight and though I was envious of her abilities, I could not refrain from ogling her with deep-set eyes. I nodded to her companions upon my approach and then turned a curious gaze to the mare herself.

Her voice was soft from what I could tell and while my sister from the Throat intended to guide her home to the sands, I was more than willing to give her competition on the matter. I smiled heartily to the grey and then to the other tasteless mare in their company. I hadn’t been close enough to catch the names of my entourage, but I quickly interceded anyways. “I’m Thor of the World’s Edge and you are in fact in Helovia, though there are other herd lands than my sweet sister of the Throat has mentioned.

I stepped closer to my allied comrade and greeted her with a soft smile. “Give Kri my regards friend.” However, with formalities aside I turned to the starry maiden, hopeful inquisitions finally making their way to the forefront of my attentions. “There are four main herd lands in Helovia. The Dragon’s Throat and The Aurora Basin are two as my friend here has already mentioned. However The Windtossed Foothills and The World’s Edge are also close neighbors to the Throat by way of friendly ties. But should you find living in the Wilds more appealing you would certainly be more than welcome to embrace such an experience.

I grew quiet for a time as if debating what more I could share. I thought about telling the trio of my particular position in the Edge but immediately thought better of it. I did not want to influence anyone with my status; I wanted them to call the Edge home because it settled their heart. However, I couldn’t keep the invitation from rolling off my tongue. They could call me a lush, but when it came to beautiful women I was helpless to ignore their charm. “But if the notion strikes you, I would be more than obliging should you desire to visit the Edge with me.

I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to extend her such encouragement. Perhaps it would be just a small nudge in the right direction…

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Storm - 04-13-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Thor - 04-20-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Serenity - 05-17-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind. - by Africa - 06-02-2013, 02:43 AM