the Rift

Fading Echoes

Iris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The dark bay mare glided through the sky, the wind buffeted through her dark wings, pushing her forward, and ruffling her feathers. The sun shone its liquid golden rays onto her back, making her dark coat gleam. Though as cheerful as her surroundings were, she was getting lonely. She looked down at the landscape beneath her, and there wasn't a soul in sight. She finally decided to land, and check out her surroundings. She closed her wings up a little bit and glided gracefully to the ground, her hooves hitting the forest floor with a dull thud. She shook her mane and snorted excitedly, she was exhilarated from her flight. Trees surrounded her on both sides; casting shadows across her path. She walked delicately through the array of colorful leaves, scattered across the ground, and a lone breeze whispered to her through the trees, ruffling her forelock. She shivered as the bitter wind hit her. She turned her head and scanned the area; looking for another soul; hoping for a stallion. She had been alone ever since she had left her old herd a few moons before. Her heart ached as she remembered witnessing the murder of her father. After many days of pondering, she had decided to leave the herd in search of a new life. A new beginning, and a fresh start. And now she was here. She neighed loudly, hoping for an answer back. She paused; her ears pricked; listening. But the only thing that answered her was the echo of her own voice.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I am no stallion, though I have been mistaken for such.

The thick musculature of my body deceived the eyes of those who did not know me well. Unfortunately, even the words which spilled from my lips were often laced with a masculine overtone that made others question my gender. I found it rather irrelevant now. In my younger years, I had believed women were much more capable than our male counterparts. However, several individuals of trustworthy action have since corrected my thoughts. The General brothers Voltaic and Azzuen, soon to be followed by the young tobiano named Midas; they were honorable brothers. I loved them well.

However, my acceptance of the other half of the population did not dent my self-esteem. I still felt often that the majority of those in this world were daft. I found that discussing topics with them or much else was nothing but wasted breath. Idiots, idiots. Tio, for instance, what a gutless yellow belly he turned out to be. All talk and no bark, though perhaps my letting the guard of the Throat down is what he has been waiting for. When he did come, chasing after the crown of the Dragon's Throat with his fumbling hooves, I would be sure to knock his head off his neck for good measure. I was questioning whether or not he actually had a brain worth mentioning in that skull of his, but I would do away with the pea-sized thing anyway.

Today was much the same as any other, except that I was flying south from the Basin sore from my fight with Psyche. Bitch had deserved whatever she got, as far as I was concerned. There is little else in this world I despise more than a liar. I hope she rots in a grave I dig for her later when I have more time. With the sun in the sky, chasing after me as I soar across the sky, I make it to the familiar tree tops of the Threshold. The anger in my gut has been quenched by battle, and I look with clearer dark eyes around my world here in the heights.

It is then that I see her.

A small chocolate body descending down toward the trees. I smile to myself, thinking how silly it is for a pegasus to search for kin on the ground when we are naturally creatures of the sky. No matter. I set my wings to tilt downward, gliding easily after her, toward the area I presumed she landed. I tuck my wings close as I squeeze in by the autumn trees, flaring them when I am within a large enough clearing to spare my knees a massive jolt. Then, it is but a matter of a search.

Thankfully, the mare is helping me out. A girlish call rings from the forest trees, and I send out a nicker in response, heading easily in the direction, though I doubt she heard me at this distance. I take up a trot, eating up the space between us as I navigate carefully between the trees. Suddenly, a charcoal face meets me with bright eyes. I halt, my blonde mane cascading over my face wildly for a moment as a gust of wind abruptly follows. I breathe in a deep breath and pull my head up, looking at the larger girl with enough confidence to make me seem tall.

"Hello, there," I say, my voice even yet brutish, as though a stallion were speaking instead of a Queen. "I am Kri. Are you new to Helovia, my dear?" I ask, dark eyes looking at her authoritatively. She may not have any clue who I am, but she would be blind to not realize I am someone important or, at least, self-important.""

credits

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Presently, I was touched down on ground, walking through the forest, observing everything truly. It was so...boring! There was no other inhabitants here, and I didn't seem to find Miss Neferati. I was supposed to help her find her dear father, but I couldn't spot that white pelt anywhere in the changing colors of Orangemoon. I lifted up my head, scenting the air to see if there were any other horses to speak of, and then maybe I could question them if they saw a giant, and white pegasus filly. I shut my eyes and started to think about the endless fields, and the gray clouds hanging over them to encourage me to continue my search. There was nothing like home. I still thought about all of the hardships I had to go through in order to protect my herd, and my dear friend. I was depended upon to save them, to lead them bravely through battle. All the times I had a mask of bravery once, defiance in my green eyes, but underneath the facade, I was a scared little colt trying to fight for what's rightly his.

It was every time in these forests when the painful memories came back to me. This wasn't where I resided. The forest is too crowded, trees covering my view, trapping me on the ground. Now that I was thinking about it, I shifted my wings, thinking about when I would leap back into the air and fly away in the wind, like a free soul. I pricked my ears up when I heard a whinny some ways off. A mare! Was she okay, was she hurt? Or was she lonely? Curiosity took the best of me, and if it was someone in trouble, I felt inclined to help them. Now I was galloping, trudging through the leaves, listening as they crunched under my strong, dark gray hooves. My wings were starting to open, aching to fly, but I forced myself to keep them folded against my strong body. Another nicker rang through the forest, and it sounded feminine. Where the gals in trouble? I heard the voice again, speaking sweetly as I approached the two horses. As I entered, I saw a stallion and a mare. "Are you okay miss?" I said addressing the black and white mare. I looked at her striking blue eyes, like the sky, unlike my forest greens. I stared at the stallion angrily for harassing her. But as I studied this stallion more, I realized it was the female voice I heard... She was a female? I looked closer at her, and realized she had a feminine frame despite her small, muscular size. Guilt, was my first feeling, and I dipped my head in respect. "Hello. My name is Pheonix", I said kindly to the both of them, hoping to avoid any sort of fight. I felt angry at myself for mistaking the gal named Kri as a stallion. The more I looked at her, the more I realized that she did have the feminine build with muscular legs, and wings.

I knew Kri was someone big. Kri. I knew I heard that name before. Was it Neferati that told me? My mind was filled with static as I tried reaching deeper for that name. Kri. Kri. Kri. I stood there thinking, and realized I should speak again. "Is it okay if I can ask what is your name?" I asked the painted lass, knowing that I accidentally ignored her for a little bit and smiling submissively to Kri. I knew her some how. I heard rumors, someone told me...but who? I smiled awaiting their replies, hoping I didn't make too big of a fool.

*My posts are seriously getting worse. ;__; *

Unregistered
As Iris continued to walk through the forest, she distinctly heard an answering nicker. Her head whipped around, and her ears pricked, hope gleaming in her bright eyes. There wasn't a sound to be heard, except her own heart, thudding against her chest. Suddenly a stallion lifted down in front of her, but as she looked a little closer at the pegasus, she noticed it was a mare!! She was a little smaller than her, but confidence gleamed in her dark blue eyes. Her coat was a dark chocolate brown, and she had a blonde mane and tail.
"Hello there. I am Kri. Are you new to Helovia my dear.?", she asked, her voice ringing with strength. Knowing she had to be polite, Iris bowed her head respectfully, and said, "Yes, I am new here. My name is Iris. I have come from a distant herd faraway. My father was murdered in front of my eyes, and I just couldn't bare to live there anymore. I have come here in search of a new life; a fresh beginning. I am looking for a new home. I am looking to live in a herd" She bowed her head in sadness, remembering her dear father.
Suddenly a golden palomino Pegasus set down in front of the two mares. "Hello, my name is Phoenix.", he said kindly.
He seemed to be looking at Kri intently, as if he knew her already; studying her. Suddenly he looked over at Iris.
"Is it okay if i can ask what your name is.", he asked looking at her. Suddenly feeling a little self-conscious, she lowered her head shyly. "My name is Iris. It's nice to meet you.", she said kindly to the golden palomino. She flicked her tail excitedly. Finally she had found some company!

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Kri stood there as Pheonix looked towards the other lass, named Iris. He started pondering, and saw as she submissively spoke to the other mare, Kri. He felt as if she knew that this mare possessed a strong power too, so as she spoke he held his tongue and submissively bowed his head. It's better to respect a renowned horse after all, and not get on their bad side. Then the mare shyly spoke again, directing it towards Kri. Her father was murdered and she came from a faraway herd. Like Liseanne, she wanted to live in a herd, having the same ambition as Pheonix. Since Kri was most likely from the Dragon's Throat, as he heard from others, he wondered if he would recruit Iris to their herd. He was most likely going to join the herd that he was so eager to visit. An oasis in a desert? It suited him quite well. "I feel truly horrible that your father got murdered in front of you", he sympathized, lowering his eyes slightly. Kind of his ordeal, but instead he was the one being stolen away from enemy forces. How he struggled, bit and kicked, but they surrounded him with their bigger frames and wings, capturing him. Darn bastards. He thought to himself angrily.

One day he would return, and set things right, and once and for all re unite with his best friend, Vilkas. Since Iris didn't know Pheonix heard her speak to Kri before he landed, she shyly bowed her head and told him her name. "It's a pleasure to meet you," he paused and then motioned to Kri. "A pleasure to meet you too", he smiled kindly to both of them. Hopefully Kri would allow him to the Dragon's Throat along with Liseanne, and Iris?

{I posted Pheonix since the 48 hour limit has been broken. :3 Sorry}

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I was unimpressed by the look of the stallion. His green eyes lingered upon me as if he were threatening me with an envious green gaze. My own dark eyes shift from the young lady to meet his, a face that was hard like stone. If this golden boy thought that he was a threat to me, he had another thing coming. I stare him down, no matter the disparity in our size. Muscular, battle-ridden, my chocolate frame was impressive no matter the height that I lack. I turn my attention away from him immediately, even before his head bows in regret as (I assume) he realizes that I am not badgering the girl.

I am even less impressed by the way he turns his head submissively down in the face of a girl.
Pfft.

The one who had drawn my attention begins to speak, and I smile warmly at her, a brazen expression, as she offers her name. Soon, the corners of my lips draw solemnly as she shares her story, my face turning into a gentle shade of understanding. Life tears your world apart, and rarely does it apologize for the terror and trauma it causes, left behind like sickening scars on your mind. She speaks of a fresh start, and I nod respectfully, not sure what that concept really meant.

I had, maybe, at some time sought out a fresh start. Perhaps, that is what brought me to Isilme. I feel that whatever happened in the land of Night had changed me forever. No longer could I turn a new leaf. Instead, I came to Helovia with the same thoughts of bringing shelter to those who swore me as one of the kin. I would always protect my family; that is what Isilme had taught me. Maybe, in my time here in Helovia, I would learn a new lesson and seek out a different world much like Iris. I hoped my life would not take such a violent turn.

My ear flicks back in slight annoyance as Pheonix introduces himself, asking the same question of the girl she just answered. I am quite surprised he is able to hear her story of her life and yet completely ignored her title, as if he was more important to have it said twice. I had learned of several great stallions, but it was the occasional one, such as the golden boy here, that made me question the gender's intelligence as a whole.

A pleasure to meet you too, he says to me, my eye turning to view his smile with nothing more than a gruff grunt. I turn my eyes back toward Iris, a smile on my lips once more. "Your spirit is strong, Iris," I say, my voice full of life and hope for her. "I believe you will be able to find what you seek if you continue to try. Your will shall make it so."

A gentle breeze touches down by my face, stirring the blond tendrils of my forelock, reflecting my mood. The wind. Always with me. "I can offer you refuge within my home, the Dragon's Throat to the South. My family is a clan of strong-hearted folk, and we protect our kin fiercely. Should you desire my protection, the protection of my people, you are welcome to join us."
""

[ x.o sorry for the wait... school has eaten me. ]

credits

Unregistered
The chocolate brown mare looked unimpressed with the stallion Phoenix. She showed no fear as she stared him down, and Iris had a feeling she was a strong fighter. Their gazes were locked for several seconds until Kri looked away and turned towards Iris. Her face was filled with understanding after Iris had told her story. Suddenly the golden stallion said , "a pleasure to meet you too". Iris flicked her ears back in acknowledgement. She could see that he was aggravating Kri more and more. Kri turned her head back to Iris, and said "Your spirit is strong Iris. I believe you will be able to find what you seek if you continue to try. Your will shall make it so. I can offer you refuge within my home the Dragon's Throat to the south. My family is a clan of strong hearted folk, and we protect our kin fiercely. Should you desire my protection, the protection of my people, you are welcome to join us."

Iris paused. She was filled with shock. This is what she had been waiting for for all this time! This is what she had dreamed of when she had left her old herd all those moons ago! Being in a herd! Finally being among other horses again, and havimg other horses to talk to other than herself! She could hardly imagine it. She guessed that Kri was an important part of it too. She had no hesitation to answering.
"Yes of course, I would love to join! Thank you so much!" Her face was lit up with joy and excitement. "How far away is it from here?"