the Rift

Fading Echoes

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Presently, I was touched down on ground, walking through the forest, observing everything truly. It was so...boring! There was no other inhabitants here, and I didn't seem to find Miss Neferati. I was supposed to help her find her dear father, but I couldn't spot that white pelt anywhere in the changing colors of Orangemoon. I lifted up my head, scenting the air to see if there were any other horses to speak of, and then maybe I could question them if they saw a giant, and white pegasus filly. I shut my eyes and started to think about the endless fields, and the gray clouds hanging over them to encourage me to continue my search. There was nothing like home. I still thought about all of the hardships I had to go through in order to protect my herd, and my dear friend. I was depended upon to save them, to lead them bravely through battle. All the times I had a mask of bravery once, defiance in my green eyes, but underneath the facade, I was a scared little colt trying to fight for what's rightly his.

It was every time in these forests when the painful memories came back to me. This wasn't where I resided. The forest is too crowded, trees covering my view, trapping me on the ground. Now that I was thinking about it, I shifted my wings, thinking about when I would leap back into the air and fly away in the wind, like a free soul. I pricked my ears up when I heard a whinny some ways off. A mare! Was she okay, was she hurt? Or was she lonely? Curiosity took the best of me, and if it was someone in trouble, I felt inclined to help them. Now I was galloping, trudging through the leaves, listening as they crunched under my strong, dark gray hooves. My wings were starting to open, aching to fly, but I forced myself to keep them folded against my strong body. Another nicker rang through the forest, and it sounded feminine. Where the gals in trouble? I heard the voice again, speaking sweetly as I approached the two horses. As I entered, I saw a stallion and a mare. "Are you okay miss?" I said addressing the black and white mare. I looked at her striking blue eyes, like the sky, unlike my forest greens. I stared at the stallion angrily for harassing her. But as I studied this stallion more, I realized it was the female voice I heard... She was a female? I looked closer at her, and realized she had a feminine frame despite her small, muscular size. Guilt, was my first feeling, and I dipped my head in respect. "Hello. My name is Pheonix", I said kindly to the both of them, hoping to avoid any sort of fight. I felt angry at myself for mistaking the gal named Kri as a stallion. The more I looked at her, the more I realized that she did have the feminine build with muscular legs, and wings.

I knew Kri was someone big. Kri. I knew I heard that name before. Was it Neferati that told me? My mind was filled with static as I tried reaching deeper for that name. Kri. Kri. Kri. I stood there thinking, and realized I should speak again. "Is it okay if I can ask what is your name?" I asked the painted lass, knowing that I accidentally ignored her for a little bit and smiling submissively to Kri. I knew her some how. I heard rumors, someone told me...but who? I smiled awaiting their replies, hoping I didn't make too big of a fool.

*My posts are seriously getting worse. ;__; *

Messages In This Thread
Fading Echoes - by Iris - 04-12-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Kri - 04-13-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Pheonix - 04-13-2013, 02:46 AM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Iris - 04-13-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Pheonix - 04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Kri - 04-19-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Iris - 04-19-2013, 11:52 PM