the Rift

Fading Echoes

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I was unimpressed by the look of the stallion. His green eyes lingered upon me as if he were threatening me with an envious green gaze. My own dark eyes shift from the young lady to meet his, a face that was hard like stone. If this golden boy thought that he was a threat to me, he had another thing coming. I stare him down, no matter the disparity in our size. Muscular, battle-ridden, my chocolate frame was impressive no matter the height that I lack. I turn my attention away from him immediately, even before his head bows in regret as (I assume) he realizes that I am not badgering the girl.

I am even less impressed by the way he turns his head submissively down in the face of a girl.
Pfft.

The one who had drawn my attention begins to speak, and I smile warmly at her, a brazen expression, as she offers her name. Soon, the corners of my lips draw solemnly as she shares her story, my face turning into a gentle shade of understanding. Life tears your world apart, and rarely does it apologize for the terror and trauma it causes, left behind like sickening scars on your mind. She speaks of a fresh start, and I nod respectfully, not sure what that concept really meant.

I had, maybe, at some time sought out a fresh start. Perhaps, that is what brought me to Isilme. I feel that whatever happened in the land of Night had changed me forever. No longer could I turn a new leaf. Instead, I came to Helovia with the same thoughts of bringing shelter to those who swore me as one of the kin. I would always protect my family; that is what Isilme had taught me. Maybe, in my time here in Helovia, I would learn a new lesson and seek out a different world much like Iris. I hoped my life would not take such a violent turn.

My ear flicks back in slight annoyance as Pheonix introduces himself, asking the same question of the girl she just answered. I am quite surprised he is able to hear her story of her life and yet completely ignored her title, as if he was more important to have it said twice. I had learned of several great stallions, but it was the occasional one, such as the golden boy here, that made me question the gender's intelligence as a whole.

A pleasure to meet you too, he says to me, my eye turning to view his smile with nothing more than a gruff grunt. I turn my eyes back toward Iris, a smile on my lips once more. "Your spirit is strong, Iris," I say, my voice full of life and hope for her. "I believe you will be able to find what you seek if you continue to try. Your will shall make it so."

A gentle breeze touches down by my face, stirring the blond tendrils of my forelock, reflecting my mood. The wind. Always with me. "I can offer you refuge within my home, the Dragon's Throat to the South. My family is a clan of strong-hearted folk, and we protect our kin fiercely. Should you desire my protection, the protection of my people, you are welcome to join us."
""

[ x.o sorry for the wait... school has eaten me. ]

credits

Messages In This Thread
Fading Echoes - by Iris - 04-12-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Kri - 04-13-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Pheonix - 04-13-2013, 02:46 AM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Iris - 04-13-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Pheonix - 04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Kri - 04-19-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Fading Echoes - by Iris - 04-19-2013, 11:52 PM