the Rift

[PRIVATE] Before the Dawn

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
WILL YOU RISE ABOVE THE PAIN
OR WILL YOU SIMPLY COME UNDONE?

I had not wished to bring the Weyrleader down with my words, but they had simply been the truth. Mirage had been the one to set to the healer a task, after all, and ought to know what had become of the one she welcomed back so openly. Where exactly Tor was, I hadn't the slightest clue, but despite all these trials of pain and betrayal, I prayed that she was safe and faring well for I could never wish illy upon the mother of my children.

The Dragonheart expressed her condolences to me, and for that I was grateful. It was only now that I was beginning to realize just how much this all had consumed me. Tor's disappearance had not only harmed my children, but myself as well. Had I done something wrong? Certainly my children hadn't done a thing, for they'd been nothing more than spindly legged children upon her first disappearance. If I was at fault, however, I knew not what it had been to warrant such actions from my beloved. Her disappearance often kept me up late into the night, hoping, praying that her pale form would rise at the zenith of the furthest hill, heralding her return. Of course, my wishes had never been granted, and I was slowly beginning to lose faith that I would ever have my love returned to me.

Now, my gaze lingers briefly upon Akaith, who seems to be more than happy dozing with the scaly newborns. The sight brought a smile upon my face despite my warring internal feelings. With a gentle exhale, I returned my gaze to the benevolent mare that was my leader. The kindness she displayed spoke leagues that words could not, even if it was in the form of a simple smile or the lending of a listening ear. With that, the slightest dip of my head is given. "Thank you," I speak up, gratitude shining in the depths of bister eyes, "It means more to me than you know." There was so much moer I yearned to say, but for now, I would spare the Dragonheart the brunt of my emotion.

When she spoke of doing more for me, a genuine look of surprise crossed my expression. She'd already done so much simply by listening; what more could I ask for? Tor aside, I was happy living with Luken and Laila, as well as with my new title. I would need to get with Kaj soon and lay out some ideas for our Protectors... Not allowing my mind to wander, my gaze shifted briefly to Akaith as she lay with the resting fillies. I was reminded once more of my quest. I still needed to collect scales before digging up bones in the Spectral Marsh, in order to receive my armor.

Looking back to the shadow mare, I offer her a gentle smile before finally speaking. "Perhaps you can, if you accept my request," I start, watching carefully for any signs of unsettling by either the Dragonheart or her faithful companion, before I carry on. "I have been sent on a quest by the God of the Sun, to collect a scale from three separate dragons, in order to receive armor. I was wondering... if perhaps you and Akaith could aide me?"

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 04-13-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 04-14-2013, 02:56 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 04-16-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 05-08-2013, 06:41 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Mirage - 05-13-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Semira - 05-13-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: Before the Dawn - by Destrier - 05-19-2013, 11:33 AM