the Rift

In the Rift [Non-specific mythical]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The normal horizon of the Heavenly Fields was altered. Instead of the clear blue skies, the mountains in the distance, and the clouds around the grasses, there is a shimmer. The shimmer catches the corner of your eye, but it is hard to notice when you try and focus in the area. A horizon, within the borders of the shimmer, can easily be seen, but it is not the one you have grown used to. Instead of the mountains and the clouds in the distance, you see spires of tall, fiery lava stacks. Black smoke billow from the top and heat waves, uncharacteristic for the season, blow through from the amber area.

What is this you ask? Why, this is a rift. An opening to the other world. Why, this is where the dopplegangers came from - or well, one of the places. The shimmer is a thin area between worlds where time and space line up so perfectly that they collide. Going through would be a bad idea, but just on the cusp of the rift is a strange shape. It also swims in and out of focus, amorphous and strange, but you know in your heart that it is special. What guards the space between, however, has a thick, gnarled paw on the strangely shaped treasure.

Red eyes stare out from the shimmer, the rest of the body obscured by space. The skin around its eyes is like that of a sea creature - smooth and porous with no hair. It is a swimmer of the sky. It is a monster between worlds. It is an ancient thing. Perhaps when the titans fell from olympus, they turned into these creatures. Or, perhaps they formed the world. No one knows. No one needs to know for the memory of them fades quickly.

"Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku..." It growled. You hear the words with your ears, but you understand them in your mind. "Open the gate for me so that I may enter here." Somehow, you think that that may be a very bad idea.

"Mina amelserru?" "Want the child?"

"Ati Me Peta Babka..." "Open your gate for me..."

Obviously that remains a bad idea. How do you get the egg?

This is a hybrid task and roll drop. The point of this is not to arrive at a "correct" way of getting the egg, but involves being creative!

This is a drop for a plain, non-species specific mythical companion: kitsune, hellhound or boggart.

To participate, you must have one of those three on your wishlist and it must have been there for 1 month.

Any species can bond to these companions.

Winner chooses the species. All characters who post here are gathered here; this is not individual.

Open: now, Closes: 4/17/13.

Belial Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
charks
Demonchild stalks through the void of time, his auburn coat a bloody mar upon clear crystal skies. Absent, quiet, reclusive; he prowls now from the depths of his despair, hungry for the life of those outside himself, mortal beings whose world exists in a dimension he can only begin to fathom. The demon is not one of them, he has found; alone, apart, he is a specter, a haunting cocoon of lies and the tears of angels. The beat of the sun cannot faze his dominion; the whisper of wind is full of empty promises that the child so easily laughs aside. I am mightier than you, he cries into elemental constructs. I am your god.

Heaven draws near as the beast draws upwards, cloven hooves clinging to frail dirt and sinew surging beneath tearing skin. He rises, high; he is at the top of the world, overlooking nothing and seeing all, resplendent in the light of angels and gods. Is his mother among them, he wonders- but no, she was alive when he left her, left her beside the weeping sea to dwell on the glories of her youth. You are the future, she murmurs into his ear, sweet and sensual voice a comfort to him even know, much longed for and so beloved. She is hear with him, even when she is not; an invisible being that shall haunt his thoughts forever. The young behemoth shakes his head, silver and blue a living wave that drifts across the line of his neck. There are more wonders to be found on the roof of the world than the ghostly whispers of a wretched dam.

The sky to the north is torn. Bursts of flame chase surreal patterns behind a shimmering wall of space. Is this hell, the demon wonders- have I found a gateway into that dark abyss? He's moving, he realizes, drifting unconsciously towards the broken gate, gaze of silver and blue reflecting red as he searches for snippets of the land beyond, catching now on an object that hums against the weight of his mind. He wants it, he realizes - needs it, even though he knows not what it is. Forward he steps, nearing, closer, almost at the gateway that separates the material world from the kingdom of devils he was meant to rule.

Open your gate.

A presence, a monster, a creature of darkness untold; it waits just past where he can see, now flickering into his reality, now trapped within its own. Eyes blink, one and then again - what is this devil, this creature of the void? Why does it seek to enter his domain, his broken world of shattered ideals and mortality?

In a wisp of rage and a cloud of delight, the child of angels and demons grows jealous.

"This is my realm, Ancient One." Serpent's whisper and soft reply, a depth of authority in the mahogany frame. He stands himself tall, raises proud crown. He is the master, the spawn of heaven and hell, the bearer of godly blood. This creature of the abyss shall answer to him should it seek to enter his reality. "What do I gain by allowing you access into this kingdom of angels?"

[ shrugs. he's mostly just here for shiz and giggles. he had a hellhound on his wishlist back when it was a board, but I never grandfathered it so eh. ]
Belial the Demonchild
Even the devil was once an angel

image credits
table by whit

Helovian Ancient
Due to a lack of those who meet the requirements, for fairness' sake this drop is being opened up to any who desire a non-species-specific mythical companion, including those who do not have one on their wishlist. The drop will be extended for the next 24 hours.

This way, Belial has a chance to win the drop, even though the Hellhound was not on his wishlist since it is opened for a short time to anyone else who did not post to their wishlist.

Closes: 11:00pm EST, 4/18/13

Angora Posts: 71
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15hh :: Died at 6yo Buff: NOVICE
Vallie
Words chant in my mind all I can do is stand with an evil smirk on my velveteen lips. Softly my voice travels to the demanding one. "Now darling, maybe if you said... please? Maybe then I'd dare to open the gate for whatever you want." She wanted the egg now. Walking up infront of the creature's eyes, she stands and stares with a volume of desire and sexuality in her eyes. Well if this creature wanted to dance, Angora would dance.

Lava bellowed and smoke painted the skies. Angora was fine with this, as she had not learnt of the dopplegangers yet. "Creature oh so fine, couldn't you go over the gate? I mean how heavy could you really be? Or maybe I could help you dig under. First, I must have the egg. Why would I help you over just so you can keep that poor unborn child?" She was good at reasoning, and she continued. "And how we might accomplish such tasks?" She smiled and whispered to the eyeballs. Her voice quiet where only he'd be able to hear. "Magic." Letting her neck arch back into its familiar form she spoke again, but this time to the horse. "Child, if this is your realm you'd know how to get in. Shut up? I mean really... If we need your smart ass comments we will ask for then." Her nostrils flared and quivered as air shook out of them. She wanted the egg. Angora was no angel, but for that egg... She would be. "Do any of you have a name perhaps? I am An--" Would she tell them her name? No probably not. She wouldn't want them to seek revenge... now would she? "Yes, yes. My name is Anne." She spoke lightly and airily. She hoped the colt forgave for for two reasons. One, he'd be good at seducing. Two, he may have magic or just sheer strength and that was needed. A pregnant mare had not a lot of options for gaining strength.

Fascinated now in the language it had spoken, she asked. "What an astonishing and ravishing language you speak.... What is it?" Smirking one last time before she spoke, she asked yet one more question. "Do you understand me? Je suis fasciné par vous." what she had said was 'I am entranced by you.' Although they were simple she would try to see if she could communicate with this creature like others couldn't she would get on its good side.

OOC :: Hellhound

Loki Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 4
teeroo

LOKI

And suddenly he was in the middle of a field. He was dazed and confused, and his earthly body felt heavy. He couldn’t remember anything, except what his name was. Loki. But what had happened to him? He could think about that later, but first he had to get up. He was on his back, golden wings spread out as if he had crash-landed in the meadow. He rolled, over, and everything hurt. Had he fallen asleep while flying? It had only happened to him once before, and it had hurt like hell when he had woken up, because he had hit the ground so hard he knocked himself out.

Rolling over, he flexed his sore muscles, when he heard a voice whisper in his ears. He couldn’t understand the words, but it was there. Then it was again, but this time, he understood it. It spoke again, and it was in sync this time, hearing the odd spoken tongue and understanding it in his mind. What was happening? He tried to stand, and his first attempt failed. His knees buckled, and he went straight back down, but on the second try it worked. He was able to walk, and the pain was starting to fade. He hadn’t known how long he had been there, but it had been a while.

Suddenly, he saw the portal. What kind of sorcery was this? Or was he dreaming? There was another horse there, one that was strange looking, but he was more interested in what the portal was holding. It was protecting some sort of egg, and with that, its words were strange. And suddenly, things go stranger. She appeared, golden body and voice reaching his ears and sinking into his heart. He was definitely awake now, and he strode over to her, touching his lithe body next to hers and nuzzling her.

“Well well, fancy seeing you here, isn’t it? It seems we are after the same thing, are we not? And you speak French? How sexy that is, my…mien…meno… min kjærlighet.” He laughed, and although he couldn’t speak French, he could speak Norwegian. “How is it that you can enter the gate, do you have to be worthy? Of the worth one has, there should be one of us here that has it, no? So tell us netherworld, who’s spirit is worth more, and what sort of example do you need for such proof to be exposed?”

OCC: He would like a kistune, and min kjærlighet means “my love”

"speech"

"You're a talented liar, brother. Always have been."

image credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Loki and Angora, lines by tamme, colored by paddeh <3

Marius Posts: 15
World's Edge Stallion
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 5 (ages in BirdSong)
Raine

It's funny how a simple walk can turn into an adventure and an exploration to find out more about the land he had found himself in. All the other natives he had met so far had been so nice, but he found that at this moment he needed a little time to himself. So he had walked, with no clear idea of where he was going - mostly because he didn't know the area. But there, ahead... there was a fuzziness of the horizon that he hadn't noticed before. What was that?

Marius moved closer, his ears perked up in curiosity. Why was it shimmery? It wasn't hot enough for the heat to distort his view... so that meant it must be something else. He moved forward a touch faster now, wanted to figure it out. But what he saw wasn't what he expected. Two horses were gathered before... was that a rift? He could see a shadowy figure with red eyes through it. A shiver broke across his coat and raised his hair slightly. He didn't have the best feeling from that creature across the rift.

Then it spoke and his ears flattened against his head, his nostrils flaring. He heard one language but understood it in his own in his mind. That simply wasn't natural, and it startled him. But he could be nice, after all, it was asking for help... right? Surely if someone was going to ask for help they couldn't be all bad could they? Or wait, no. They weren't directly asking for help. Strange.

"Who are you?" He spoke before he realized it and blinked in mild shock at himself. But then he caught the next part and processed it. Child? There was a child with that... thing? Why, the child needed to be saved, because being there with it couldn't be good- no Marius, don't judge too quickly. It may seem bad now, but they could still be good... though he wasn't going to get close. Nice or not, his gut was telling him to stay away and he was going to listen to that.

"What makes you think that any of us know how to open the gate from this side?" he questioned, his ears swiveling forward slightly to listen to the creature. He had to figure out how to get the egg away, it wouldn't be good to open the gate but it wasn't good for the egg to be with the creature... so what did he have to do? Maybe he could collaborate with the two horses that were here as well. Surely three heads were better than one!

But oh, what was that? Another being was there... a... hybrid perhaps? And it seems like he knew one of the others there. How interesting... but of course, maybe he could help too! Four heads, the odds were looking up to getting the egg away from the creature on the other side of the veil.

(( OOC: A kitsune for Marius if he does win :D ))

"Speaking." | Thinking

Caenan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CAENAN

I ain't no magpie,
but I do fancy meself some treasure

Short, shaky legs stand in awe at the sight of the spacial rift and the creature sitting in the space before them. Wide green eyes glance over its body, unsure of the beast's species or its origin, but deciding that it was definitely not equine. Chocolate ears swivel from side to side as they listen in on the conversations going around them, ignoring their words for the most part. All that matter to the young colt was the shiny object that the monster held in its grasp, and the buccaneer's stomach snarled in his hunger for it. His greed for such an object even managed to make him blissfully ignorant of the fact that the Ancient One had spoken -- and that he had understood him perfectly -- and Caenan knew that the only way he could satiate his desire for the treasure was to claim it as his own.

Bright green eyes flashed momentarily as he realized that he was not the only one who wanted to take the prize as his own, and he suddenly wished that no one was else here. A mere moment before saying something that he would surely regret, he stopped himself, realizing that he might be able to use the elder equines to help him let the creature cross worlds, but run off with the gem for himself.

"Ma-maybe only chil-der-en go through?" It was an innocent enough proposal, and the bay colt felt that his suggestion was a better one than trying to dig underneath the translucent thing. Wasn't there a saying somewhere that stated that all children were born innocent? Perhaps it would take a pure and untainted soul to pass through the barrier that had sprung up between these two worlds.

Table guide;
"Speaking colour."
thinking
important text
stand out text

Notes;
Words; {Just saying that I spent a good two hours on a 1100+ word post that was WAY FREAKING BETTER than this piece of shiz, but I had logged in to the wrong account to post it, then forgot to copy it, but DELETED IT BY MISTAKE. So sorry everyone, but this is what you get. -runs to cry in corner now-

Also, wants a hellhound.}
Tag;
Belial, Angora, Loki, Marius, Caenan.
[Image: 2ryqd14.png]
Credits

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit

KIROTTU

Daylight.

It was wretched. Horrible. Sweat dripped down the corpsed hide, cascades of salty rivulets causing dark stripes to appear across wrinkled, tattered skin, scabs peel and blood stains the dull, grey hide crimson as his tail drags along the ground. Though a breeze tugged at him, it did little to soothe the ache in his body, the wheeze in his throat, the droop in his skin. He was eating, today, which was an improvement, at least. Ribs were exposed still, the condition of this body was appalling, and yet, it would not die. It cannot die, he thought to himself, for my true body remains pristine and fit, this body is but a filthy lie…

The thoughts dragged on like that for most of the day, circling around and around again the same notion of self loathing for this condition, of selfish love for his perfect body. He could not, would not stop hating this, never would he accept this temporary form as a part of himself, for that was all it was - a curse, a magical disaster bestowed upon him by an ill-minded witch, something that could be removed from him.

Oh, how he hoped that to be true.

It was odd, the disturbance the steed noticed in the sky of these fields. He had climbed here the night before seeking out a solitary place to meander about when the sun did rise and his form did shift into this monstrous, decrepit old nag of a body, and so far he had found himself quite satisfied. But now others were milling around, walking past him, ignoring him, not noticing him - it didn't matter, it stung his pride. Teeth gnashed together behind dry, parched lips, as the steed wondered what it was that could draw such a crowd.

Finally he bothered to tilt his crown to the sky above, and he could feel the presence of something there, an ancient, powerful creature.. And he was as entranced as the rest of them. It spoke to them, making an offer in exchange for a pass into this world. Kirottu hadn't the faintest idea of how to get the beast through the gate, and he was dubious as to whether it was a good idea - such a powerful being would surely stir chaos here if unleashed - was chaos such a bad thing. Yes, he told himself - he merely had to look at his own rotten body to know that where powerful magics meddled, no good would come.

The scent of a mare in particular caught his attention as the crowd gathered, but as he considered it for a moment more he wondered if it even was her scent at all. For some reason, his cranium was continually drawn towards her. It was unusual for him, to find another so fascinating - and that was how he recognised that it was magic at work. Nothing could be more fascinating then himself, nothing more beautiful nor majestic and proud - how dare she use her tricks to try and gain his, and this mystical, fantastic beast on the other side of the rift's attention. It was another insult to his pride, to think that yet another witch may have weaved her magic over him once more, without his consent.

They all spoke back, all of them using different approaches, different tactics. Kirottu had no interest in letting this demon through this shimmering faultline of time and space, he had no desire to risk making his own predicament worse. The thought that perhaps this creature could cure him did cross his mind, but then he scoffed at the ideal, thinking that his curse was far beyond the unknown limits of this beast's capabilities - only he was able to break this curse, he needed only find the key, and it was not (in his blinded opinion) in the hands of others' aid.

"Emme aina saa, mitä haluamme." He muttered to himself, choosing the tongue of his namesake to speak, in style with so many others who seemed intent on showing off their linguistic skills. They were all focussed upon what the creature offered, and so, naturally, Kirottu wondered at what it could be too. Egg shaped, and yet, too large to belong to any bird, too perfect and pristine to be a simple stone - what did it contain? The ancient one had called it a child - and Kirottu recalled the many companions he had seen by the sides of those he had encountered here. It peaked his interest, but only slightly - he was not completely sold on the idea of raising a 'pet'. But, the ones he had seen had proven to be formidable defences.. He wondered at the usefulness of them.

Suddenly, a shimmering overtook him. As he stared into the other world that existed beyond this rift, he saw the night sky behind the acrid smoke billowing up from the lava, and he felt himself shift - but he was stuck half way, not quite completely beastly, not quite beautiful. His mane and tail had grown back to their fullest, his nape had filled in with some muscles, his eyes did not appear to be as sunken into his head - and yet, his body was still frail and weak, his ribs visible and his breathing heavy and laboured. As Kirottu stood there, exposed to both midnight and midday, his body clicked and quivered with the curse that danced along him, confused and lost in the flux of time and space.

"Take me." His voice was deep and strong, loud and commanding, his eyes holding a desperate strain as he stepped forward on limber legs. "Take me, and release the child." He said again, louder this time, unable to bear this humiliation of a confused transformation in front of so many - wanting to escape this world, to hope that in another world, he might exist with no curse. Perhaps passing through the tear in the sky would shed him of the curse?

Little did Kirottu know, in trying to escape this world, he would be performing the single most selfless act he ever had.

"Take me, and take my place in this world." He breathed the words quietly, knowing somehow that the ancient creature would hear them, and understand them. He did not know whether it would work, but he willed it to, the force of his desire a powerful thing when focussed so sharply upon a single ideal.

[ Kitsune ]

THE CURSED ONE

Helovian Ancient

Half were chosen to move on. I randomized the list of names of those in the drop and rolled the dice three times to choose the number next to the name. Those chosen to move forward are Belial, Caenan and Kirottu.

The monster paced, dust blowing from the murky rift from another world. It was a strange element that faded like fire but smelled of earth. A bold soul approached, and a row of massive fangs appeared from crustacean's lips. Bold and daring, and it spoke the common tongue. "I could promise you this orb," it rumbled deeply. "I could promise you the universe; if you only let me in. A simple word of greeting. A mere gesture of invitation is all I need..."

More appeared then and the monster scowled. It was much trickier to convince a few to let him in than a mob with a conscience. He clicked from the other side and then let out a resonating shockwave of a bark. The powers hit Angora, Loki, and Marius squarely in the chest, shoving them backward and nearly off the edge of the Fields. They were denied.

A foal with an innocent mind, a monster in the light, and the devil stallion remained.

The child offered to go through, and at the very least he would make an excellent snack. Before he could reply, the monster of a stallion who seemed better suited for his position stood in, offering his own miserable existence in replacement. "You want to come to the other side? Then come. I will not deny you, beast of day. But your presence does me no good."

It clucked its teeth, grunting. "Let me in, and I shall give whomever invites me through this orb," it rumbled, crimson eyes darting between the remaining three.

Letting the creature through remained a bad idea, but it was obvious that the monster was quickly losing patience. It snorted, pacing the rift and allowing his clawed paw to leave the orb in place of walking. The question remained how to get the orb out without letting the old monster know.

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit

KIROTTU

Beast of day. The voice resounded in his crown, ancient and horrible, a shiver of nerves lighting down his spine in response. The dreary outlook he currently held was shattered, it morphed into an anger, his temper swift to take hold of a more fierce emotion. Beast of day, this creature had called him what he was, and he hated it. Hated that it was true, hated that he was seen for it, hated his existence. But still, a sense of self-preservation had kicked in, his anger seemed to root him to his spot on these Fields so close to the heavens above. He glared at the beast with crimson eyes, ears slicked back against his skull, his horn aimed at the portal, at the orb that now lingered in the creature's wake.

Others were knocked back, by a force that seemed to skim around him; he felt it, but he did not feel its effects, he remained steadfast against it, determination renewed by the anger this beast had stirred. Your presence does me no good, he had claimed, and yet, this ancient thing needed him, or one of them, to allow him to pass.

Kirottu laughed.

His form shimmered as the motion began, his leonine tail lashing at his sides, his horn never swaying from its position, pointed at the mysterious orb. The broken body he held seemed to shift actively between decrepit and brilliant, sometimes his laughter rang with the deep, warm melody of a strong young steed, other times it was choked, hoarse and raspy. He was determined now, determined to prove his worth to this beast - determined to defeat him.

"You are at the mercy of those who you think are beneath you - does that not make you beneath us?!" He spoke between the laughter, his voice loud and booming across the fields, his tones deep and seriously mocking. Who was this ancient beast with promises so great, that he could not even get himself through the threshold? He required a welcome, a word, a gesture of invitation. Kiro looked to the orb again, and wondered if it required the same, or similar? Come, he reached out with his thoughts to it, wondering if all the ancient one needed was a gesture, that maybe this orb would respond to his thoughts. He did not rely upon his thoughts alone, however, and so he shouted an invitation at the portal, but focussed all his energy on only the orb.

"I invite you, then! Come, and stand by my side!" It was a true and honest call, a welcome solidified by a graceful bow of his head, his cresty neck stretching down as his chin bumped against his hollow chest. The stallion was in a wicked mood, but he was not foolish enough to invite such evil into this world. Nay, he longed only to invite the orb through the shimmering rift that taunted him so with his magic, with the promise of death. Had the beast promised to lift his curse, perhaps he would have been tempted enough to call him through. But for now, Kiro was wanting to make a mockery of this ancient one's so-called prowess, to trick him into giving his gift without unleashing the unknown upon this world.

It didn't really matter whether it worked or not. Kirottu was doomed either way.

[ Kitsune ]

THE CURSED ONE

Belial Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
charks
They come, a plague of impure thoughts and twisted forms, disgusting refuse of the earth and sky that dares to kneel upon this sacred ground. He watches the mare through a screen of impassive eyes, her words like so many stones thrown into still water, casting ripples of acknowledgment yet leaving no mark. She is stupid, he thinks, this hornless beast of inferiority and her pithy attempt at wit. She is a blight on this earth and deserves none of his time. She will not sway this creature, this monster of another realm, this vast beast of time and destruction.

More come: an abomination, a child, a weakling, a sacrifice. Three are struck down by the demon's wrath, and the child of angels remains; he stands beside his brethren and takes pleasure in this recognition of their superior blood. He is mighty, a prince of darkness in a world of light whose shadows are devils that tread at his feet. He hears the demon's promises and he finds them suspect, the actualization of these claims unlikely. Wrapped around the expanse of his mind is a thread of curiosity, an eager yearning for what the monster beyond must claim; and so he does not laugh in the face of death, but watches it in silence and lets the others speak.

Mockery and pleading are the offer of the shifting silver brother, an invitation offered that the beast would do ill to refuse. Demonchild wonders if the stallion has doomed them all, and cares not; should hell step through this shifting gate, he will welcome it with open arms, taking his place as heaven's liaison and casting a shadow across the earth, great enough to swallow sea and sun.

First he must have what the creature defends.

Restless magic stirs in the cloven beat of his hooves and rises thinly through blood and bone. What to cast, what to conjure; large or small, it must be enough to create a distraction for the beast to pursue. Ideas settle in and the behemoth steps aside, willing sunlight and magic to weave itself into his mirror, his twin.

Instead, he finds himself lost. He fades away like so much smoke, a memory of something that once stood tall. In a gasp of air he disappears, invisibility casting its magic cloak over the demon's sightly form, and once the cloud of confusion fades, then does a grim satisfaction take its place. Demonchild held his faith to the forefathers, and Cinnoru has blessed him on this day, taking the power he has ever possessed and changing it into something more suited to his purpose. Instead of creating the reflection of life, the threads of sun have taken away, now turning him invisible to searching eye. He is truly a ghost, a creature of sky and stars, an enigma sent to rule this earth.

He steps forward and does not see his legs. The orb lies within so many steps, and if only the others will keep the beast occupied... Demonchild reaches with an unseen nose, and the inches between his skin and the gates of Hell stretch infinitely in that moment. He can feel the lift of sensitive hairs in the heat of the rift, tingling in sensation, tail arcing long and unseen beats behind. A pause, a wonder, a moment to secure the magic that hides his form in its unforeseen malfunction, and he reaches forward to grasp the egg, neck stretched and head poised to quickly usher it from the demon's grasp.

[ doppelganger magic and stuff. ]
Belial the Demonchild
Even the devil was once an angel

image credits
table by whit

Helovian Ancient
Because I failed to put a 72 hour time limit, Caenan has 24 hours to reply.

Caenan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CAENAN

I ain't no magpie
but I do fancy meself some treasure

Where was I? Ah, yes, the Gate Keeper... It's funny actually, because I can remember this event as if it had happened just yesterday, but of course that is not the case, as I was barely a moon old when I came into contact with the Rift. Most newborns do not usually have a firm grasp on their thoughts at that age, and it's surprising that I could even utter a handful of words; my mother's distinct accent not yet seeping into them either. But, then again, I was not 'most foals', and although I lacked in the magical sense, I had an appalling relationship with mischief.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
The colt's kin began to trickle in slowly, and although he himself had not been the first to approach the beast that had made its residence between their world and its own, he was most certainly not one of the last. His eyes flowed over their listlessly moving forms, resting on each one but for a moment before they slid over onto the next. This being his first expedition away from his mother's side, the youth was unable to pick out a single equine that he recognized; yet nor was he able to judge them of their race, for his mind was that of an innocent child, and he knew not of the opinions that held him and his horned crown in their favor. It was beyond the little prince to know that his childish ignorance was undoubtedly the most blessed thing that he possessed.

He watched quietly, calculatingly, as each member of their party took their turn in reasoning with the demon. He couldn't have cared less about what they were actually saying -- he could barely understand half of it -- but he did care a substantial amount when he saw their eyes light up at the sight of his treasure. The familiar ache of greed fanned like a fire all-throughout his slight frame, but the heat of his desire soon calmed to that of dimly glowing embers as three of the members gathered there were blown away by the creature. It was unfortunate that the rift-dweller did not choose to blow them all away, however, because now the ones that remained were both still trying for his precious gem.

An impatient snort sounds from Caenan's muzzle as both stallions make their attempts at claiming the orb; the constantly-shifting brute just simply inviting the damned creature through, and the quad-horned unicorn of his own kind disappearing completely. Although it pained the colt to admit it, he was more than just mildly impressed by the latter's performance, and his head swung up in surprise. Magic was not a familiar substance to the horned child, and this particular occasion was a rather mind-boggling one, considering that he was now in the presence of an invisible unicorn and an equine who could not decide on just one form to occupy. Caenan was not short of wits, however, and the x-frosted colt was quick to act at the sound of thudding -- shapeless -- hooves.

In a spontaneous attempt to alert the creature, the bay spun on an ebony heel and kicked at the dry sediment beneath his feet, trying to stir the dirt and the dust in such a way that the invisible form of the advancing stallion was revealed. If he was successful, and if the demon lashed out at the (hopefully) visible brute, then Caenan would sneak around the battling pair and scoop the orb up for himself, via his curved horn.

Table guide;
"Speaking colour."
thinking
important text
stand out text

Notes; Attempted to kick up a cloud of dust that would /hopefully/ fall on Belial's invisible coat, revealing him to the Rift Dweller, so that he could sneak up and get the orb while the two are busy with each other.
Tag; Kirottu, Belial, Caenan

[Image: 2ryqd14.png]
Credits

Helovian Ancient
The monster needed no other invitation. The words had been spoken, and he had been allowed in. The gatekeeper, the beast of day, had given his acceptance of his presence, so the great beast pressed against the rift, shoving his massive form against the fissure.

A screeching sound of tearing space resonated on a frequency of agony, but he still came. Paw after paw with massive claws and a face like a crustacean shifted forward, tentacles rising from his back along what appeared to be a spine. Eyes were large and round with a simple, black pupil, like something of old - un-evolved through time and the laws of the universe.

Luckily for Belial, the monster was focused on Kirottu and not the fact that the dastardly little cold was trying to make him visible. In all honestly, he did not give a shit. The monster was free, and he would have dominion over this place once more and crush the heavens of the gods for casting him from his rightful place.

And then, he would invite his brothers.

The creature stood tall, a massive figure that resembled a young mountain. It leaned down and exhaled with breath like putrefaction and a swamp of decaying bodies. "Thank you, for your invitation, beast of day," he said to the stallion with a grin.

"As I promised..." he trailed, turning around to see that the egg was gone! In actuality, Belial's invisible form was merely block it from view, and the creature raged, turning to the visible colt. "WHERE IS THE EGG, YOU SON OF NONE?!" It screeched.

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

An alarm sounded in the god's very soul. He immediately took to flight, arcs of shock and vortexes leaping from his elemental wings. Carefully, he circled the area, seeing that one of the old gods, a demon from the rift, had been set free. A trickle of fear filled his heart, but his expression was set in determination. Solidly, he landed into the fray of morals, his height and stature not exactly intimidating, but the piercing, ancient blue of his eyes promised knowledge of the universe.

"Do not make me force you back into your cage, demon..." he growled tightly, inhaling and summoning a thick cloud of shock around his body. It crackled and jumped into the air, lifting the hairs of those who were around him.

Carefully, he glanced at Kirottu and the cold, mildly aware of Belial's essence in the general area. "You know not what you have done..." he murmured.

With a sudden howl, a battle began between the two ancient creatures. This was not a battle for good or evil, but for power. Light and darkness did not exist in absolutes, for even the gods held the taint of selfishness and immorality in their hearts.

Swipe after pass, the two raged, the god of time slowly pushing the demon into the rift. Then, he was knocked from the sky, the power of his wings flicker and failing as his compact body crumpled on the ground. Blood trickled from a gash on his shoulder, and he limped into action, finally forcing the demon into the void with a final yell of power before his voice failed.

The rift sealed itself behind him, and the egg stayed on the ledge, sitting there perfectly unharmed.

With a heavy sigh, the god closed his eyes and looked upon those gathered. "Do you understand why these rifts are bad?" he asked. "Time runs in multiple dimensions and many different realities. On occasion, two dimensions will line up so perfectly that the membrane between our world and theirs can coexist. This poses its own problems, but there are demons, monsters that live between worlds in the depths of space, cast out for their tyranny and cruelty. That was one of them," he explained, the god bleeding.

"You all have been touched by his presence and may feel the repercussions in days to come." He explained.

Then, he glanced down at the orb. "This is what you were wanting?" he asked. The good shook his head. "Fight it out among yourselves."

However, Belial was already close, the closest yet, hidden from the powers of the demon and graced with the distraction of battle. For these very reasons, he was already in possession of the orb, already its caretaker. All he needed to do was return to visibility and claim his prize.

Congratulations to Belial for using ingenuity and stealth to capture the egg! Please tell the admin in the character records update what you want, the powers, and the name once you have decided.

EDIT:: Caenan, Belial and Kirottu have all been "cursed" by the old god with dark magic. Basically, they now have a temporary magic until JUNE 1st to be able to sense rifts in the dimensions. So, these characters can know who is a doppleganger and whose magic is being taken the opposite way.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom