the Rift

In the Rift [Non-specific mythical]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Half were chosen to move on. I randomized the list of names of those in the drop and rolled the dice three times to choose the number next to the name. Those chosen to move forward are Belial, Caenan and Kirottu.

The monster paced, dust blowing from the murky rift from another world. It was a strange element that faded like fire but smelled of earth. A bold soul approached, and a row of massive fangs appeared from crustacean's lips. Bold and daring, and it spoke the common tongue. "I could promise you this orb," it rumbled deeply. "I could promise you the universe; if you only let me in. A simple word of greeting. A mere gesture of invitation is all I need..."

More appeared then and the monster scowled. It was much trickier to convince a few to let him in than a mob with a conscience. He clicked from the other side and then let out a resonating shockwave of a bark. The powers hit Angora, Loki, and Marius squarely in the chest, shoving them backward and nearly off the edge of the Fields. They were denied.

A foal with an innocent mind, a monster in the light, and the devil stallion remained.

The child offered to go through, and at the very least he would make an excellent snack. Before he could reply, the monster of a stallion who seemed better suited for his position stood in, offering his own miserable existence in replacement. "You want to come to the other side? Then come. I will not deny you, beast of day. But your presence does me no good."

It clucked its teeth, grunting. "Let me in, and I shall give whomever invites me through this orb," it rumbled, crimson eyes darting between the remaining three.

Letting the creature through remained a bad idea, but it was obvious that the monster was quickly losing patience. It snorted, pacing the rift and allowing his clawed paw to leave the orb in place of walking. The question remained how to get the orb out without letting the old monster know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Loki - 04-17-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Caenan - 04-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Random Event - 04-19-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: In the Rift [Non-specific mythical] - by Caenan - 04-23-2013, 12:17 AM