the Rift

[OPEN] I've been left to rot inside

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
farenjer
Grey skies bloomed over the dark night. The stallion nestled himself shuddering away into the darkest corner of that smaller cave. His eyes were dimmed and he drew tired. But this time cold winds and night skies would not allow him to fall asleep. Slumber had halted and never came since last night for him. Farenjer had not a single reason of why this would happen except for one. This life he had now, it was quiet. It was ignored by others. So as if he were a ghost, never to be quite seen in the herd.

Farenjer had also become a hermit, staying in the borders of this herd lands. He hated the feeling more then the self conscious side of himself. For all had halted and time seemed slower. Nobody had asked or come to him. The unicorn had arisen to watch others be invited into the Basin and meet much more higher ranked officials. But none seemed to come to meet him, only others would give a stare of curiosity and turn away. Farenjer would flick his tail and drag himself back to the small chamber where he lied now. If only he could just find enough inside strength to go out into the Helovian world and find what he seeks. Friends and beautiful worlds he has never only found in drifting dreams...

Though emotions are such an annoying thing really, especially to Farenjer. For his, are like chains and weights around him to condense him to a life time in the cold Basin. Nothing seemed to be alright to decide for himself anymore. His puzzled confusion had corrupted his mind since the first week here. Now as a virus that continued to grow worst. It perhaps could grow dangerous as well, for maybe it would leave Farenjer to bound his fate into the Basin forever. The stallion grunted and quickly got up. Twisting his head to look around the entryway, he trotted into the cold night. Hair wavered into the breeze, eyes half opened. He was angry with himself, narrowed brows and a small frown protruded on his features.

Looking up, the unicorn halted in front of the exit way of a narrow path. The normal eye was of a narrow slit as he stared at it. Should I be off? Should I see the world and come back? He grunted and lowered his neck. Patting the ground with a sharp hoof. It seemed that the markings of his were giving a gentle radiating glow. As he stood there puzzled and halfway between staying or going. Telling himself "I don't see why there is something bad about leaving, nor do I see anything good coming if I depart." Why do these things trouble me so much?

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Arah understood the temptation better than anyone, what if you just left The Basin. Her approach was silent towards the strange stallion she had seen enter The Basin not too long ago. She walked with purpose and poise. She paused behind him and heard him speaking out loud. A smile caressed her lips for a moment, then it tumbled from her lips and she remained tired. Her rounds as Phantom where over, yet Arah could not find sleep. "I often wonder the same thing." She looks now in the same direction as him, her golden orbs studying the land. "I met you on your first night in The Basin." She wondered if he remembered her, she was pretty hard to forget. Her eyes glanced down to her pendant and she smiled at it. She had found her home here, this chilly frozen land was where she felt like she belonged.

Pawing the ground herself she looked over to the distance. "I like it in here, The Basin, it's safe and where I belong." She looked behind her, back over The Basin. Although this is where she had been stolen, it was where she left the safest. Her herd mates couldn't have protected her then. So The Basin still remained her home, her safe place. "Every time I recruit someone, it's always a gigantic rush to get back to here." She chuckled, her breath frosting in front of her. Eyes returned to where they where settled before. It was surprising how calm she felt next to this stag. Her eye lids where heavy, she could barely stop blinking. The chilly air was waking her up slowly though, Arah really didn't sleep enough. She focused back on the stallion. "If you give it a chance you may be just as happy here."

She did need more friends though. "I'm Arah by the way." She offered him a smile

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Saw that this had no replies. :3
Words; 316
Tag; Farenjer and Open.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Hidden Account
Loulou
farenjer
"I often wonder the same thing." a soft femme voice came from behind. Surprised Farenjer shifted weight and turned around to see the mysterious stranger who had approached. It surprised him even more to see her here in the night and to see her approach him again. Surprisingly his heart had picked up a faster speed as he watched her with a curious stance and awkward atmosphere. "I met you on your first night in The Basin." He nodded slowly and told her "Yes, you did." Agreeing with her. The woman pawed the ground like he had did in anxiety before, but in a more curious way. She spoke with a calm and lighter tone "I like it in here, The Basin, it's safe and where I belong."

The lightning stallions eyes flashed with interest. "Every time I recruit someone, it's always a gigantic rush to get back to here." She gave a small laugh under hot breath. The woman wavered over him with graceful movement and golden orbs, as he stood there. His muscles tensed and his heart coming with more beats he felt in an awkward position. Shifting legs, and lowering his head. He fell into a more relaxed pose, she told the stag "If you give it a chance you may be just as happy here." Silence then "I'm Arah by the way." introducing herself. That's right she never did give her name to him before, so it was nice to here the name now. Arah gave Farenjer a friendly smile. "It's great to have met you Arah. If you have forgotten, my name is Farenjer." The lightning stallion might as well re-introduce himself to Arah just to remind her. He looked away in the distance to the path out of the Basin. A faraway presence inscribed into the eyes of the stag, mane flowing through the slow icy breeze. "Honestly, I was thinking of leaving and moving on to another realm to venture into... It's just I don't find much people who want to spare a chat or care to make friends and polite gestures to me." He let out a hoarse sigh and lowered his head looking at the thin icy ground with a saddened gaze.

"I'm not sure why. If it is my looks that give me an unfriendly gaze. But I'm tired of being ignored and feeling like I'm just some invisible ghoul."
Lifting his head up he gave a gripping look at her golden orbs that seem to refresh his mind every time he looked into them. "Reasons like these keep urging me closer to the point of leaving the Basin. I just... don't know how to make friends."

A r a h

It's not the dog in the fight,
but the fight in the dog

When he mentioned his name it brushed her memory and she sighed lightly. Yes, he had already mentioned his name to her once before. "Please forgive my memory." She too turned her head and looked in the same direction as him. "My mind is currently filled with...matters of great importance that I'd rather not know." Being a Phantom required you to make sacrifices, one of them was your sanity. He spoke again about not being about to make friends. Arah arched an eyebrow as he began to wonder why it was. "Do not fret Farenjer, the occupations of this freezing Basin are generally cold to new comers as well." She knew all to well herself. Some did not believe that she had a place in this herd with her antlered head. She had been born with a normal horn though, a straight pearl coloured horn. However in order to protect her from her own family Arah's grandmother changed her horn to antlers and gave her extremely long hair.

It was only working hard as a phantom that had earned her respect. It had also earned her a name and a face as well. He discussed his looks and Arah grinned. "I struggled to fit in with my antlers." She did not elaborate after that. She did however turn a calculating gaze upon the stag. His looks where interesting indeed, her memory recalled the time she first laid eyes on the stag, he had captivated her that night as she studied the markings. Honestly however, Arah did not think it was his marks that made others be rude to him. She thought it was his status as a new comer, the occupants did not trust any new comers that entered the Basin. "Perhaps you need to get out there more?" She suggested half heartily. "Pick up a job or something? That hows I earned my trust, now I know a fair few people from the Basin and I feel accepted even with my antlers." Another smile danced along her chops and her legs stepped closer to him and brushed Arah brushed her shoulder against his. Not in a flirty way, just as comfort to show that his markings, (or indeed newcomer status), did not bother her.

Stepping away she arched an eyebrow. "Do any positions interest you? I dare say we have enough phantoms." She inquired. She moved to stand in front of him, and looked directly at him, hoping to catch his gaze within her golden orbs. She stood in a relaxed posture, her feelings numbed out. She was so confused about other matters she really didn't have time to consider her feelings for anything or anybody. It would take somebody very special to break her out of her current numbed state of numbed feelings. But for now the war efforts in the Basin where her top priority. Speaking of which she now looked over Farenjer with her stare that apparently haunted people. "Are you trained in combat? We could always use more warriors." She did not tell him about the stealthly battle that was currently being fought. No physical challenge had been sough other than Kri battling Psyche for the release of The Basin prisoners. It was all a big secret, with lies and shadows watching each other every move. More than that..Arah actually played a huge part in the battle.

Notes; I decided to make this post in sync with most recent events, like the tension between The throat and The Basin. Hope you don/t mind.
Words; 564
Tag; Farenjer

[Image: 25u5ylj.png]
Thy-Darkest-Hour.deviantart.com | Breathless-dk.deviantart.com

Hidden Account
Loulou
farenjer

The stag listened silently and politely to what the woman had to say. A few nods now and then to her. "Perhaps you need to get out there more? Pick up a job or something? That how I earned my trust, now I know a fair few people from the Basin and I feel accepted even with my antlers." A little sudden shock fell onto his mind as he listened to her. How could I be so stupid? Arah is right, I need to earn it. A flick of his tail and he was speaking to the graceful woman. "You are right. Perhaps that would be the best way..." As he finished with emptiness he listened more to her words. He felt strange standing there and gazing at her golden orbs.

It was like staring at an angel. And Farenjer could only speak to her as if she were a good friend of his. "Are you trained in combat? We could always use more warriors." He stood there, thinking for a moment. "I'm not sure I've been trained as a warrior at all. But I do know how to protect myself, and others..." His voice trailed off in the icy dark wind. He stood up, straightening his shoulders. Eyes wandering back into those deep golden orbs. Why can't I control myself? Questioning bitterly to himself. A light sparkled for a moment in his eyes as he realized something Arah had spoken about before.

Her antlers... Why would anyone say something about them? "Arah..." He glimpsed at her his eyes curiously sparkling. "Why would anyone ever say something about your antlers? They are beautiful. You should ignore anyone who says otherwise. A small smile peaked onto his lips. It felt good to compliment her. Those antlers were beautiful, Farenjer questioned of why anyone would hurt her emotions with such beautiful looks. A small furrow of his eyebrows, he looked down to the permafrost ground. Him and her... they shouldn't be related. His looks were horrid to some. Her looks gave jealousy away to others.

Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

The smile lit up her face and she very gently pressed her mussel against his neck in thanks. She hoped he wouldn't mind the touch, but she wasn't thinking clearly. Happiness consumed her. "Oh you know, it's because they belong on male deer." She laughed and shook her head. "Not female unicorns." Her honey like laugh ran out and she shuffled ever so slightly closer to him. "I was born with a traditional horn you see, much like yours only different in colour." She missed her normal horn at time, being different was hard. It was hard to ignore the jabs from hateful others. It was hard to accept yourself when others struggled to look past your appearance and accept you anyway. "They were changed by my grandmother." She thought back to the night, the way her parents had do happily betrayed her. The deal her parents had made with the leader of her herd. Their daughter and his son would marry, then they would rule the herd, in return for their daughter her mother and father wanted a seat on the council. When Arah had refused her father's wishes, in his anger, he kicked her square in the chest. Hurting and disgraced, she ran to her grandmother. It was this one soul who helped Arah. She gave her the amulet that now never leaves her neck and blessed her to be different. Her horn changed to antlers and her eyes changed from blue to golden. "My grandmother made my horn into antlers so I could hide from my family." It felt odd opening up to a stranger, but she realised that he would understand what it was like to be treated differently because of how you looked.

She now looked at him with a slightly calculating gaze, she studied his looks. His looks were still utterly fascinating to her. Arah glanced away politely, then spoke to him softy. "So tell me a little about yourself Farenjer." If they were going to be friends she wanted to know a little about him. "Family? Siblings? Children?" She inquired. Her gaze was settled on him for a moment then she realised she was probably being nosy. "I'm sorry, you don't have to answer those questions."

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes;
Words;
Tag; Farenjer and Open.

Hidden Account
Loulou
As he watched her, her expression brightened and she gently pressed her mussel onto the stag's thick neck. Though Farenjer did flinch for a second. Nobody has touched me before with affection... the thought echoed in the back of his head as he stared wide-eyed at Arah. It soon faded as he accepted the response happily, which had also changed from a shock to a brighten. He looked at her as she told him "Oh you know, it's because they belong on male deer." laughing shaking her head slowly "Not female unicorns." Shuffling Arah spoke "I was born with a traditional horn you see, much like yours only different in colour. They were changed by my grandmother." Farenjer was somewhat surprised by this. She was once a young normal unicorn, with a normal childhood for a foal. Why would your grandmother do that to you? Was she angry? Farenjer whispered inside his mind, curious of why.

"My grandmother made my horn into antlers so I could hide from my family." Your own family? Farenjer found it a little surprising that a family would try to harm their own daughter. Demands, punishment, decisions.... what could it be? Farenjer gazed back into Arah's beautiful orbs as she questioned him with his own family. "Family? Siblings? Children? I'm sorry, you don't have to answer those questions." He glanced on, and thought for a moment. Clearing his own mind, he observed her with a flash of interest and inquired "Siblings.... no. Children.... no." None would ever consider finding me as a lover, but only a strange stag. The self conscious voice exclaimed viciously inside, and he patted the permafrost surface with his hoof before he sighed "I had a mother and a father. My father was beaten to death trying to defend me and my mother. I never met him because I had not been born yet. And... the last time I saw my mom, is when she had bid me a farewell, and I ran off into the other worlds." I do miss her some times....

A small glimpse of sadness was caught in his eye, as he gazed back into the large black night. But then he remembered something. He remembered of what his mother had told him. A flash of curiosity peaked from his eyes as he looked back to Arah. Once she had been a normal filly, knew the life of one as well. Farenjer did not though. He once was a normal dark bay colt, when he was born. He almost died at birth, if it were not from the god who had given him life again, but with markings burned into parts of his own body. I guess that is something... echoed the voice as he watched her. "Arah. You know. I wasn't born with these looks..." silence ringed, as he looked to the side to show the glimpse of his icy eye. That shined through the dark locks of his mane. He shifted his head back to front face and told her "My mother, she use to tell me that I died when I was born. Yet I questioned, then why am I alive now. She said that she saw lightning strike me, she saw markings being carved into my body before her very own eyes. I wouldn't understand by then, but now I realize, that some magic force had done this." It kills me to tell you this, because I never know your reactions something yelled inside. He was seemingly nervous about what she would think about him now that she knew that magic forces had done it. Maybe she won't like me anymore? Farenjer thought as he couldn't meet her eyes.

Art- Kaydeniro || Coding- Time

Arah

He had no family just like her. In fact all of the Basin's occupants were the ones that had become family. She felt his sadness as he answered 'no' for her questions. She sighed and studied him, sorry for causing him pain through her questions. "I have a sister, whose a racist and selfish soul. She treated me like dirt and now I despise myself because I despise her." But that wasn't just it. Arah was disgusted by her sister's very existence. That alone was enough to sadden so many of her footsteps. Arah didn't know what she would do if she saw her sister again, probably freeze up and then continue to deny any relation to her. A soft and sad smile still rested upon the doe's lips. Her golden eyes were casted down, lost in though about the sister she never truly had or was. Realising that she had also asked him about children, Arah's vocals sang out again. "No children for me as well, I'm still not sure if I actually want to have children." She panicked too much around the young minds of children. If Arah couldn't tell what things where thinking she generally assumed that they were unstable. Which of course for children...well that was never really the case.

She watched him as he explained how he had received his markings, the sadness was still settled in her eyes. She wondered if because of his looks, he struggled to understand who he was. Before she knew it she was moving closer pressing her side to him. "I think they are fantastic. I'm so plain and boring, but your markings are original and unique." There were so many plain whitish horses wondering around. The only thing that was different about Arah was her antlers, which she often received grief about. "I actually find them fascinating." She grinned and then gave him a little space again. She hoped that they were now friends, she needed more people that she could reply on. She only had a few friends and she wanted more. Was that a greedy thing? She didn't think so, friendship was a give and take relationship. You were there for those you called friend and in turn they were there for you. Arah grinned at Farenjer and chuckled a little. "I think we'll become great friends." Her tone was soft and sweet. Friendly and open, Arah just wanted to make sure that he understood that she had started to care for him.

Arah was the kind of friend that would travel across the world just to help a friend. No matter who they where or what they looked like, if they cared for her, then she would care for them. Standing here with Farenjer was really nice and the impersonator found her sadness had gone, only a warm feeling had come and she felt relaxed in his presence. Together the odd couple would be able to take on the harsh looks. A freezing wind tickled it's way down the ivory mare's back, causing shivers to run a course down her back. "It is chilly." She murmured to Farenjer, but The Basin was a pretty, she did not want to disappear into a cave. "As I said, I love it here, I've finally found a home." Sniffing in good humour, she looked around. Maybe in The Basin she would become brave enough to have a family, face her fears of children and their small brains. But first she would have to find someone.

Notes;
Words; 588
Tag; Farenjer and Open.

Hidden Account
Loulou
"I think they are fantastic. I'm so plain and boring, but your markings are original and unique." Nothing harsh, nothing bat at all. You like them? He rose up and looked at her. His clouded eyes seemed to erase the visions of hatred from Arah. He had a small hope gleam in the darkest parts of his eyes. He felt her warm side against his, and it warmed more of his heart to know that she didn't think he was ugly like the rest. He looked at her and saw a flash of a grin on her face. "I actually find them fascinating." His burning eyes widened a bit "You do?" Arah then stepped back, leaving a gap between him and her again. Farenjer felt a small disappoint sap at his heart for a moment. But he looked down at the snow, flutters of it brushed a way in the winds. The stag couldn't understand or configure that Arah actually not only didn't think of him as a beastly unicorn. But he looked beautiful.

He rose his head up and looked at her. His eyes dimly glowed in amazement at her. She flashed a friendly smile and chuckled softly her tone overwhelming to him for its kind and soft words "I think we'll become great friends." He looked at her with happiness falling in his eyes, too happy even to move the ebony locks out of his eyes. You really think so Arah? He wanted to say out loud but said "Me too." There was tinge of happiness inside his tone as he observed her. Friends... I've never had much of a friend before. A flash back of her warm flank pressing against his. Just acquaintances nothing more... For Farenjer it was a whole new subject for him.

Wind then rushed down onto their backs. Farenjer felt the hair on his neck for moments prickle. "It is chilly." He looked into her golden orbs before thinking. Yes, yes, it is... Maybe... I could comfort her. "As I said, I love it here, I've finally found a home." The gracious woman had murmured to him. He blinked before saying "I hope to find my place here as well. Just like you did. Earn a title in what I could do best... And get the respect I've been looking for ever since I stepped foot in The Basin." Except I don't think I was looking as hard as I am now. His mind echoed after he had spoken. He then had flashed a smile to her in a friendly manner and spoke, his tone soft "When the time comes I want to help you as well. For you have helped me in my dark hour." He stepped forward and pressed his flank against hers. The winds had began to flow towards Farenjer's empty flank. Pressing himself against his friend, he shielded her from the cold gusts that began to become harsher. Not only am I going to earn the respect of The Basin but I am going to protect her from the pain that we both had felt. No longer will I let her bear it. I will defend her as much as I can from the judgmental ones. But I can't promise myself that I wont ever feel it again... Farenjer looked at her with a gleaming look in his eyes, and he stepped slowly back in his place. Leaving the gap between them. He felt the appealing joy and certainty of a friend he would never lose. Even so as he stared at her beautiful orbs he felt such a strange emotion overwhelm him. Something small and unknown like an ember burning bright in his heart. Farenjer did not know it now, but he was falling in love.

Art- Kaydeniro || Coding- Time

OOC: We can end the thread now if you want, and sorry for being late ^^'