the Rift

[OPEN] Lost in the Mist of Time [Nyx/Sunny]

Lythe Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Lythe
Chasing butterflies and broken dreams

A thick mist hung over the forest, curling around the trees and caressing those that pass through it with cold, clammy tendrils. Everything seemed sinister and full of malicious intent. Everything save a large black and white stallion who trotted through the fog with the innocent, wide-eyed look of curiosity in his crystalline purple optics. Being 17hh had its perks, especially when most things don't want to tangle with a fully grown male of Lythe's bulk, even if Ly was a shy awkward child in an adult's body.

Flicking his tail, Ly moved deeper into the forest and was oddly comforted in his anonymity. He had always felt safe in obscuring mists as it had hidden him so many times from the eyes of the old seer that had raised him and allowed Ly to use his imagination freely. The curling, twisting shapes of the fog became an entourage of soldiers following under his command while a crimson cape fluttered over his shoulder. Head held proudly, Lythe pranced and was every inch a warhorse you would want on your side of the battle. Battle horns called to each other as scouts ran to report to him. Finally he saw his opponents, warriors of the evil emperor who thirsted after the blood of the innocent. A battle cry left his lips as he charged forward, leading his soldiers valiantly into the heat of battle.

Ly ran into the small clearing and stopped when he saw a small, clear pool at the base of a noble fir. Walking forward he gazed down into it and his eyes widened when he saw the blood red gems that coated the bottom and yet he felt no lust to possess one, feeling only a deep sense of sadness as if each crystal had once been a living breathing being. Flicking his tail he backed away from the pool and instead allowed himself to be awed at the ancient fir and become completely oblivious to the sounds of anyone approaching.

[ooc: Here we are! Kind of a suckish starting post, but oh well! I'm so excited!! :DDD]

text text text

"blah blah blah."

Nyx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
A dark fog surrounded the thick trees rising up above the moist ground. It seemed that there was nothing bright about it here. Everything was dark. Dark greens. Dark browns. The place had a sinister feel to it. A black mare walked delicately underneath the tree's shadow, her coat making her almost invisible. Her ears were pricked catching every noise, and she held her head high. There wasn't a sound to be heard except the pounding of her own heart, and the soft thud of her grey hooves on the ground. There was a single breeze to rustle the leaves. The air was moist and muggy. Trees surrounded her on both sides. Branches stuck out, looking as if they were going to grab her. She was getting lonely, after wandering all by herself all these moons. She was missing someone to talk to. All the thoughts swirling around in her mind. No one to tell them to. But she knew she wouldn't find anyone out here. It was too quiet.

She delved deeper into the forest. Suddenly she stopped, and her eyes widened with surprise. There was a stallion up ahead of her! He was in front of a clear pool looking up at a tall fir tree. As she got closer, she saw he was a black and white tovero. He was so tall! He looked to be at least 17 hands. She walked up to him quietly, not wanting to startle him. She nickered softly.
"Hello there. " she said kindly to him. "My name is Nyx. Are you from around here?" She flicked her tail nervously, as she waited for a response. She hoped she wasn't being rude.

OOC: sorry for such a short post, but it'll get better :)

Unregistered

Lythe

A soft nicker caused Lythe to jerk out of his reverie and stumble over his own hooves as he tried to see who had made the sound. Landing with a dull thud that was swallowed up by the mists, Ly curved his neck up to see a shadowy mare that was wrapped in tendrils of fog. A sheepish expression made its way onto his face as he hurriedly got back up onto his feet. "Hello there." The mare's melodic tones seemed to brighten the forest around him and make everything seem not as dark as it had been, although that may have just been a lucky beam of sunshine that valiantly strove against the mist. "My name is Nyx. Are you from around here?"

Although there wasn't anyone else around, it took a few moments for Ly's brain to register that the mare was talking to him. His lips opened as it he was about to speak, but they snapped shut when the memory of the punishments he received for talking out of turn suddenly returned to him. After he had met Selene it had become easier to talk to others, but there was something about Nyx that made it difficult for him to draw enough breath to let his vocal chords speak. Inhaling deeply of the cold, muggy air Ly steeled himself and allowed his tones to release themselves in a rich voice that seemed rarely used. "Hello." A hesitant smile curved his lips, "My name is Lythe, and no, I'm not really from around here. I'm not from around anywhere I guess." Peering out from under his forelock, the massive stallion locked gazes with Nyx, seeing his reflection in her dark brown eyes. "Are you? From around here? A cautious curiosity crept into his tones as he gave her his undivided attention, though he still didn't feel bold enough to take a step closer to this sweet seeming mare.

[ooc: Sorry it's short! I was in a little bit of a hurry when I wrote it!]

text text text

"blah blah blah."

Nyx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The stallion seemed surprised that she was talking to him. Nyx suppressed a sheepish smile as he stumbled over his own feet and landed on the ground. She felt kind of guilty having startled him so badly. He then quickly lifted himself to his feet again. He seemed to want to say something to her but when he opened his mouth to talk it quickly closed. He seemed to be deciding whether to talk or not. She wondered what was wrong or maybe he was shy. But then he seemed to decide to talk and said, "Hello. My name is Lythe and no I'm not really from around here. I'm not really from around anywhere I guess." His voice sounded deep and strong but a little hesitant.

She looked into his kind amethyst eyes. As their gazes locked she felt something stir inside of her. She didn't know what it was. But it surprised her. Embarrassed, she quickly looked away. "Are you? From around here?", he asked her. Her breath caught in her throat, and she paused, trying to register what he had asked. What was wrong with her? She had never been this way around other horses!
"No I'm not from around here either. I come from a herd far away that I left a while ago and have been wandering alone." She took a cautious step toward him. She didn't know why but her heart was pounding wildly against her chest.

"It's nice to see you because I don't see anyone else very often. Do you also come from a herd faraway?" She smiled shyly at him, hoping she wasn't going to scare him again. She then realized what was wrong with her. She liked this big stallion. He seemed kind and gentle. Where she was from all the stallions had been hot tempered and mean. It was nice to meet someone like this.

Unregistered

Lythe

The beautiful ebony mare had captured Ly's full attention and it could just be the romantic in him speaking, but he could have gazed into her dark brown eyes for the rest of his life. She seemed sorry to have startled him even when most others would have laughed at his stumble. When she looked away Lythe kept his optics on her kind features for some odd reason not feeling the need to keep his gaze respectfully lowered. "No I'm not from around here either. I come from a herd far away that I left a while ago and have been wandering alone." The black and white tovero stag could relate to that having been alone his whole life even if he hadn't been a wanderer until recently.

His ears flicked forward to catch the rest of Nyx's words, hanging onto them with the shyness of a child listening to their first crush. "It's nice to see you because I don't see anyone else very often. Do you also come from a herd faraway?" Did she just say it was nice to see him?! Tipping his head slightly as if to shake out some water, Ly flicked his forelock out of his eyes and opened his lips to speak. "Yes, my old herd was..." He paused a slight look of pain in his eyes as he dwelled briefly on his old life. "It is quite the ways away now, although I really don't have any desire to return. Especially if I continue to meet kind equines such as yourself." The last few words were said with his violet eyes dropped down shyly. It was his way of flirting if he had even known what flirting was.

Flicking his eyes briefly up to meet Nyx's before dropping down shyly again. "Have you been here long? Or are you new to Helovia like I am?" He was curious and genuinely wanted to get to know this kind mare better, but he was still his awkward self that has yet to learn how to talk to others without tripping over his feet.

[ooc: Sorry for the wait! The week's been a bit crazy. :P]

text text text
"blah blah blah."