the Rift

[OPEN] lets make snowangels

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
 Kou</style>

Overhead the moon shone brightly, though the moonlight that was cast over the land was pale and left an ethereal glow on everything it touched. Kou's pale head lifted and she gazed up at the moon, a look of indifference on her face. She had been a follower of the Moon Goddess when she'd first came to Helovia and joined the Plague under Mauja's invitation. Now she felt jealousy and contempt for the goddess. She had all the power she could ever want, had beauty that could scarcely be measured and still she toyed with the mortals who looked up to her. Stole the affections, if only for a night, of her doctor and spit out a child only to abandon it.

She should have been angry with d'Artagnan for falling for the Goddess' wiles, but Kou had come to accept that, above all, d'Artagnan was a stallion and as such had needs that needed to be satiated. Well now she kept him thoroughly satisfied, though it was at the expense of her once girlish figure. Good, more good than she could have ever hoped for, had come from the loss of that figure. The pale nurse had given birth to two beautiful fillies, both of whom would grow strong under the protection and guidance of the Plague. Their futures were bright and would only become brighter when the time finally came to seize the whole of Helovia.

Maybe she was getting a little ahead of herself. As of late she'd heard of little movement within the Plague, but she had been preoccupied with other matters.

As the pale mare looked down from the moon a smile curled the corners of her mouth. Being preoccupied with d'Artagnan was something she rather enjoyed. Her gaze swept over her already swelling sides and she giggled softly. Who would have thought that her desire for more responsibility in the Plague would have led to a love affair and two foals and counting? Soon her doctor would have an army of his own.

Image Credits

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

The shadow-mare had always been fond of the night, and this night was no exception. Others might admire the beauty of the moonlight on the hot springs, the lovely myriad values of blue in the trees and on the mountainsides. But she liked it simply because she was able to blend in. Pure black, she blended effortlessly in among the shadows of the night in stark opposition to how obvious her form was in sunlight. And besides, the dark was so much easier to operate in. She could go here and there, and no one would ever know that she had been there. It was a valuable time for one that was everything that she was.

The Crux was not particularly restless on this night, but she was still out and about. During the day, she was confident of her herd's ability to watch the mouth of the valley for threats, but not all of them were are used to the night as she was. It would be easier for an enemy to sneak past their defenses, and gods knew they had their share of enemies. A frown crossed her maw, here in the blackness where none could see the creases of worry. She had plans, of course she had plans, but her plans had quickly become dependent on others. She did not trust others' ability to do what she wanted done, and so she worried. It would be so much better if she could simply clone herself - now, there's a thought, a voice said in her mind, bringing a smile to her face - but there you are. It's not so simple as that.

She moved silently through the dark forms of her herd - a rather large one, in fact. She was proud of them, proud of those that brought them to her, proud of those that chose to stay. She was particularly proud of those that chose to join the ranks of her secret organization. Regardless of their political affiliation, though, she wanted them loyal to her, and so she had taken Mauja's unspoken advice. Make them love you. It seemed to be working in her favor thus far, as their ranks swelled with newcomers - but even with them, she still wanted more. It was simply in her nature.

A white shadow caught her attention as she departed the warmth of the herd and moved toward the solitude of the mountain pass to the Steppe. It would seem that she was not the only one out and about on this night. Several unicorns of that coloration had joined their ranks, and so it was not until she heard the soft giggle that she recognized the form to be Kou. With another smile, the shadow-mare approached. Had she ever taken the time to converse with the Nurse? She couldn't really remember, but now seemed as good a time as any. "A bit late for a walk, wouldn't you say, my dear?" she asked with a pleasant smile. Socializing. It was a new concept, but one that she was learning quickly.

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

The ground was splattered with white under foot, the Aurora Basin was never an easy place to simply stroll around. A slip of one hoof could see you face first on the floor but this man of night had grown accustomed to the devilish ground and had now figured out the paths around them. Of course, that wasn't without an initial trial and error of falling on his ass the first days of living in this freezing darkness. Dark. Even when the sun shone the herd land always had a delightful eeriness to it, he missed the mists of the Edge, but he had grown to like the charms of this place. Aramis had raced on ahead, a red glow against the dark blue backdrop of night. The pup had already scented his bonded's pale Nurse, the hound had quickly dubbed her apart of his family and held her close to his baby heart. Overgrown paws skidded against the snow with d'Artagnan trotting behind. It was a routine they were slowly growing into. Sleep the mornings, work the afternoons and return at night. It suited them both.

They rounded another bend before finally emerging into the presence of both Kou and Psyche, they stood near each other like the silver moon and the black night. So much contrast yet both were mares not to be trifled with. d'Artagnan walked over to his Nurse's side and lightly touched her shoulder before lifting his head to smile briefly at Psyche in greeting. The Nightshade still was not quite sure what he thought about the Lady of the Basin. She hardly ever seemed like a Lady, her strange personality always put him at odds with her. Though he never quite voiced his uncertainties in the open air, they remained still in the back of his mind. Maybe it was because he had served Mauja for so long he could not see another in that role. When he looked at Mauja he saw strength, he smelt of power, but when he looked at Psyche she gave of nothing to him. There was no weakness, but no strength. A shadow. The fact he never knew what she was thinking made him distrust her, yet he knew she had more than proven her loyalty.

So his mouth remained shut on the matter. Wondering with amusement whether it was just mares in general he had troubles with.

Aramis had gone to approach Psyche, sitting back on his haunches whilst big puppy eyes gazed up at the many feathers that adorned her mane. Pointed tail wagging from side to side as he wished he was tall enough to bat one off so he could play with it. The Doctor said nothing and waited for the mares to begin their conversation, waiting to be spoken to first. Shape shifting boggarts and armoured Pegasus he could deal with, but women was a tricky territory.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
 Kou</style>

"A bit late for a walk, wouldn't you say, my dear?"

"Perhaps." Kou answered without turning her head toward her leader. "But the night is quiet while the herd sleeps. A far cry from the noise of the day." Finally her head turned toward the Crux and another smile creased her lips. "You enjoy the silence, don't you Psyche?" She asked the older mare, but she already assumed to know the answer. Psyche had always struck her as a loner and that opinion had been solidified when she'd abandoned their herd and the Plague after giving birth to her awfully spoiled child.

Her face brightened when she noticed the speck of red glowing against the dark backdrop. "Aramis." She crooned to the hellhound pup, knowing that her love would follow quickly behind his companion. She was proven right as the body of her doctor melted out of the darkness and took its place beside her. Her pale head turned away from Psyche as she quickly turned her attention to her doctor, her muzzle bumping against his.

"You've worked your magic again, doctor." The nurse said lightly before indicating her swelling sides. "Maybe this time I'll give you a son." She laughed quietly then looked to Psyche once more. "Anymore children in your future?" She asked her leader curiously. Surely she wanted to contribute once again to a new, strong generation. Pale ears tilted forward as she continued to look at the Crux.

Image Credits

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

Her voice was apparently met with recognition; she felt a rise in appreciation for the pale fae as she realized that her voice held no surprise. Surely the midnight visitation had not been expected, and yet Kou responded with grace and comfort. This was a femme that was well-versed in all manner of conversation. Of course, the Lady had always known that Kou's bite was much worse than her bark, so to speak, but she had never truly gotten to know her on a personal level. All that she knew of the Nurse was heresy. She ought to have done something about it sooner, but such is life. The ivory mare spoke of darkness and silence, and the shadow-mare had to agree with her. "I have always found comfort in the night," she agreed. "I have found that since becoming the Lady here, I appreciate the silence of the darkness all the more." It was truth, really - after all, most of her herd brought their problems to her during the day. The darkness brought a welcome reprieve.

The jackal should have known that where the Nurse roamed, her Doctor would not be far behind. She knew that he had arrived before Kou's greeting, but it was not until he became visible that she nodded her greeting. His mate's, however, clearly took precedence over her own, and she looked away, suddenly uncomfortable. A small part of her, locked up since that day in the icy caverns of the Frozen Arch, longed for such a touch, but she refused to acknowledge it. Not here. Not now. Instead, she turned her attention to the young pup bounding before her and, noting the curiousity in its gaze, lowered her head in a rather uncharacteristic display of softness, placing her feathers within the pup's reach.

The Nurse's light croon reached her auds and she smiled, her gaze jumping to the pair of them. "Congratulations," she murmured softly. But it was the following question that brought the shadow-mare's head up in a hurry. Her first reaction was to be affronted; after all, what business of Kou's was it to know if she intended to bear more children? Realizing the stupidity of this particular emotion, the next to come was guilt. Had the pale mare somehow found out about she and Mauja's tryst in the Arch? But no - no one had been around to see them, no one would know of their somewhat romantic affair - or could she even call it that? It was too confusing, and it was bad enough to muse over it in her private time, much less now.

A pealing laugh left her maw as she hoped to dispel the rather awkward silence that had lingered for just a breath too long. "I'm afraid I may not be the best mother," she replied, her voice amused. "I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices my daughter's unbecoming behavior." It was said in a wry, joking tone, but there was truth in it. Sobering, she added, almost without thought: "I wouldn't say 'never,' but it's certainly not in my immediate future. It is, after all, a bit difficult without a mate or a lover." Her gaze flickered to the Doctor then, and though there was no bitterness or jealousy in her words, she wished that it would be so easy for her to have what Kou had - to be formidable not only alone, but as a half of a whole.

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

The hound yipped and wagged his tail harder when the notes of Kou's soft voice reached his large curled ears, the glowing becoming brighter as he became more and more excited. Though his bonded much preferred solitude than to be in the middle of a crowd, Aramis didn't mind the company and was obviously enjoying the attention. He was just a pup after all and he enjoyed the motherly way Kou approached him. d'Artagnan embraced his nurse warmly, enjoying her soft touch on the end of his nose. It wasn't long, however, before his eyes started to roam to look everywhere but at his pale lover. Whose words always seemed to be filled with innuendos that he found hard to keep his composure around and he nodded once, finally managing to turn his head around to meet her gaze. "I am sure you will, but do not stress yourself over such a matter. I will love our children always" he said with his voice tinged in embarrassment. Children and Kou were always a tricky subject for the Nightshade whose romantic skills did not seem to get any better.

He turned back to admiring the landscape then as the awkward silence feel upon them, Aramis yipping once again as he tried to bat the feathers that Psyche had so graciously lowered for him. Crimson ears twitched to the words that laughed on the air, dual coloured eyes returning to gaze at the dark form of his Empress. d'Artagnan grunted at the mention of Sno, the shade didn't particularly like the child, but he held his tongue from a retort about the Childs recent activity. Instead he kept himself tight lipped when the matter of having more children came up and Psyche mentioned not having a mate. A number of rude innuendo's entering his mind, but he swallowed and continued his grimacing smile. Silently berating himself for entering such a conversation.

Instead he smiled and met her gaze, breathing at quite a fast rate as he spoke rather nervously. "I am sure you will find the right mate one day, Empress" he said quite bravely. Praising himself for what he thought was a rather decent reply. He fell silent again then and looked to Kou with an almost pleading look, wondering if he should excuse himself and escape into the night.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!