the Rift

[PRIVATE] Whatcha Lookin' For? | Loki

Florelle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Florelle

I had hiked down the mountain from where she spoke to Sandman. Oh how interesting that guy had been, but I was kinda happy not to have to be near him all the time, as he could be kind of.. draining. I know I have to become more known, because, as of now, no one knows me, but Sandy-man. It just felt so nice to be on this beach. The sun felt so good on my golden back. I stood, but the grains of sand cuddling my hooves invited me to roll. Reaching my bare head to the sand I wriggle my nose. The sand tickled and I let a soft laugh-like nicker out of my throat. My well kept mane swayed back and forth as I retreat my head from the soft grains. My whiskers tickled as the sand shook away from my pink nostrils. My audits were forward and alert. I was so content. I was growing fond of this place.

Looking to my right, I see a long stretch of beach. In front of me, the waves dare to come to shore as they crash into white foam then retreat backwards while rippling. My legs flex as my hooves leave the sand. From a stand still to an easy moving trot. My joints seemed oiled as they move easily. Lifting my head, I let my mane flow softly behind my neck, and my tail following like a cloud of mist. I would never canter here, for the sand is deep and hold lots of volume. With the luck of mine, I'd trip and fall into the sand... Well, to think of it, I do like sand! Looking like an idiot while flailing on the ground was not what I enjoyed. So, I stayed at the lowly cadence of a fickle trot. I can feel the sand hardening as I drift closer to where the water compacts it. Interesting, no? My hooves sounding like drums, I quicken. My legs extending as far as my mustang blood will let me. Maybe the water fell good? I'd be the one to find out.

Letting my weight shift to my haunches, my bottom lowers. My forelegs leaving the ground slightly. Yes, I could indeed stop like this because of my quarter horse lineage, but enough about me. After my stop, I let my weight even once more. Now time to try the water. I hadn't experienced beaches much, but this one was pleasant. The transition from warm sand to refreshing waters was a pleasant flip. Velveteen lips of mine curling into a soft smile, I walk deeper in the water. The rolling blue waves touching my mid-flank. My chiseled muzzle laps at the salty ocean. I didn't mind the salt, but I didn't mind much, unless of course it was bad. I realized quickly, the water's bed lowered about three or so feet in three steps. Swimming would be knew to me, but why not try. I was deep enough to try. My hooves barely touch the sand, and pass as they kick clouds of the sand into a circular commotion in the water. The water caressing the top of my golden back as my muzzle gasps for water. I just had to remember, front left and hind right, switch. After a few seconds I got the hang of it. I was pretty darn good. I knew I should go to shore, so I did so. The water got lower and lower until my silken wet hooves met the dry sand, caking them immediately. I sighed, but it was happy and relaxed. Now what?

"blah blah blah."