the Rift

[OPEN] Its About Time [birth]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
In my time on this earth I have learned a great many things.

The sky is blue. So too is the ocean. The sweetest grass to eat is green.

The sweetest blood to drink is that of a freshly killed gull.

Family is important. So important, that I never cease to surround myself with those who share my blood. Father, the strong, large masculine figurine who stands over us when we sleep, mother, the subtle shadow who graces us with her rarely given affections - and of course Semira, my nestmate, my sister from the womb. It is not often that we are seen apart, and this is no different. We wander in the wake of our mother, as we so often did, silently learning and observing all that occurs, sometimes not understanding everything until mother explains it for us later on.

Akaith flies above us, as she so often does, but she tumbles through the sky in a curious manner this night. It was not every night that mother allowed us to follow her, but something had called to her. Akaith sensed it, dear ones. We are to welcome a new sibling to the family this evening, is what she had said in explanation.

The process of birthing was a swift one, mother said. For if it dragged on too long, one was left prone, exposed to the elements and all things that may eat them for too long. While it was not often that she missed a birth, I could mother was anxiously saddened by the fact that she had indeed missed those very first few seconds.

"Kiara," she greeted the mare, looking to the colt that stood by her side. "Tamira," she added with a nod to the Nurse, gratitude flowing thickly in her voice as she silently thanked the chocolate maiden for being here where she had fallen behind. My sister and I stayed back somewhat, at the entrance of the cavern that my mother and Akaith entered without a step or wingbeat faltering. My own eyes drifted to the colt, taking in his dark, spotted appearance, standing alongside the spotted roan hide of Kiara, and the small, youthful panther. My scaled façade was mostly expressionless, the fact that my eyes were trained upon the colt betrayed the interest I held in him.

Lowering my muzzle so as to appear even smaller than my currently already diminutive stature, I entered the cave, received Akaith upon my back, and touched my mother's flank with the folds of my right wing. A low whicker rolled from my throat, a simple greeting, just as my mother, with concern behind her eyes, questioned Kiara.

"What will be his name?"
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Its About Time [birth] - by Kiara - 04-16-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Its About Time [birth] - by Tamira - 04-16-2013, 11:25 AM
RE: Its About Time [birth] - by Kiara - 05-07-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: Its About Time [birth] - by Amaris - 05-09-2013, 05:18 AM