the Rift

[OPEN] actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Perhaps I have been here longer than I thought, if newcomers are seeking me out for counsel. On the one hand, the thought makes me swell with pride, as though I have somehow managed to prove my worth here. But I also know that isn't true, and the other part of me shrinks with shame. How long have I been here? Since, what, Birdsong? I've been here for almost three seasons, and all I have done is bear children - and only one of those lived. All I have done is fall in love, or so I thought, though now I have to wonder if it wasn't simply the idea of love that I fell for. Despite my inner turbulence, I keep the inviting smile on my face. If there is one thing I have learned over the past seasons, it is how to put on a happy exterior, even when the inside is falling apart.

The young fae is staring at me rather blatantly, and I wonder if she has ever seen a pegasus like me before. I am not conceited, but I am aware that I am considered to be very pretty - angelic, even. I have a perfect white pelt with no markings save a few light grey patches on my legs and at the tip of my muzzle, but even these are fading with age. I was simply born light, and have only gotten lighter. I boast a petite figure with a dished head reminiscent of Arabian lineage, although I daresay their concave maws are much more pronounced than mine, which has proven to be fairly straight. And my eyes are, to some, entrancing, with one a light, sky blue and the other an appealing sea green.

Africa starts, then stops, as though afraid that I might lash out, though I'm not sure if she expects physical or verbal abuse. The thought disturbs me, as I am all too aware of the emotional baggage that we all carry with us, and I make it my unspoken goal to calm this flighty fae. She is home now, and she need not be fearful within our warm embrace. She starts again before I can voice a calming word, and I listen with polite interest on my maw. Her clear pride in the Throat brings a winning smile to my otherwise unmarred complexion, and I feel a renewed warmth as she finishes speaking.

I ponder her words for a moment, and then I offer my advice: "Well, Africa, I can tell you about the various ranks within the herd, but the choice is yours." My memory reels back to when Rowan had the same conversation with me, and I smile fondly. "There are, of course, the soldiers, who defend our borders. Their role, I should think, is fairly self explanatory. Midas is their General, so should you wish to pursue this role, you would need to speak with him. We also have our informants, led by the Sleuth Xira. They are... well, I suppose the easiest way to describe their role is to compare them to spies. They gather information on the other herds and outcasts bands, so that we are aware of any potential threats. They are also in charge of protecting us from those who would take what is not theirs.

"The Oracle is in charge of the Pupils - or, rather, the scholars of the herd. Cassiopeia was our Oracle, but to be truthful, I'm not sure where she is now. It was so sad when her mate passed... but I'm getting off topic. Anyway, their goal is to gather as much information as they can about everything. Flora, fauna, the land - anything you can imagine. My best friend, Rowan, is a scholar, and she's the smartest horse I know... let's see... what else? Oh, you could visit Onni or Cirrus about being a healer, they're the herd shamans; and lastly, there's Coris, who's our artisan. He can forge incredible things out of metal!"
I stop to take a breath, and to see if Africa is following my words. It's a lot of information, so I'll answer any questions she has.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing - by Sohalia - 04-19-2013, 11:43 AM