the Rift

[OPEN] actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Speaking of all of this reminds me of my own journey through the Throat. I had not known what rank to pursue - I still don't, really. For a long time, I had considered the ancient art of healing, but I do not like blood and gore, so I tend to stay away from it. That would never do on the battlefield, or even after. Then I had tried to follow Rowan's footsteps. I had sought out Cassiopeia and spoken with her about becoming a scholar, but she has disappeared, and I never really felt that I fit the role, anyway. I was not intelligent enough, and though I enjoyed learning, I did not actively seek it out as Rowan had. If anyone deserved the title, it was her.

And so now I have begun to consider crafting, for I cannot be a soldier when I fear battle, and I will not be a spy when I might be captured or killed in the line of duty. I would like to be able to sacrifice myself in such ways, but I have a family who needs me.

The thought of my family brings a pang to my heart as I remember once more how I have betrayed them.

But I am soon drawn back into the moment when the young Africa expresses her delight and her interest in healing. It is good, that she should know what she wants to do so young - I certainly didn't. Of course, when I was younger, I was fleeing my home in fear of racism, but that's a different story. For the first time, I begin to wonder what trails this shy creature might have gone through in her journey here. I hope her past is not like mine. "I'm not really sure where they might be," I say with a frown. "Surely somewhere around here. I'm fairly certain that a water source is a must for healers of any kind. I can help you look for them, if you'd like."

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing - by Sohalia - 04-23-2013, 12:49 PM