the Rift

[OPEN] actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

She graciously accepts my offer of help, and then we are on our way. As she claims to know Cirrus, she takes the lead, though I allow myself to trot a few steps to catch up on her left side. The day is actually quite nice. I have grown used to the heat of the desert, and the warm days and chilly nights of Orangemoon are almost unpleasant. Not quite, but almost. Perhaps in another year, I will welcome the heat of Tallsun - but, remembering the sweating and misery, I realize that I will probably never welcome such discomfort. No, Birdsong and Orangemoon remain my favorite seasons.

A gentle breeze stirs over the surface of our little lake, pushing the crystalline waters into lazy waves. They lap against the surface, not far from our moving hooves. Their sound is calming, and I smile in spite of myself. I have always liked the water, so I suppose I am very thankful for such a lovely source in my homeland. It is a small lake, really, though large enough to encompass a good deal of our day in the search. I am glad, for it gives me something to do rather than sit around and mope. Africa has been as a draft of fresh air, reminding me that there is more to life than just my own problems. I like her, and I am glad that I get to keep her company a bit longer.

"Sohalia?" she begins thoughtfully, snapping me out of my own thoughts. She asks a question, and I smile kindly at her. I'm sure that, being new to Helovia, she may well have many unanswered questions. I, for one, came from a land without companions and only limited magical qualities, so my arrival here was rather... shocking. "You must mean companions," I say. "I don't have one myself, so I may not be the best to explain, but from my understanding, certain animals - both normal ones and mythical ones - select one of us to be its companion. The bond that they share is very strong - I've heard that if the bonded dies, the companion will, as well. They become one mind, if you will, sharing thoughts and emotions between their bond. They are still two separate entities, but they are also one. I wonder sometimes if the bond between a companion and its bonded is stronger than that between lovers." This last comment is musing, for I think of Note and his newfound companion, Sabel.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing - by Sohalia - 04-24-2013, 11:11 AM