the Rift

[OPEN] actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I have to wonder if healing is truly where this mare's heart lies. She is just so inquisitive, and something about her reminds me of my friend Rowan. There is an eager intelligence in her eyes, something in the way that she mulls over my answers that just screams scholar, but who am I to question one's choices in life? After all, I have made many of my own mistakes, and I am just now beginning to figure out which direction I should take. I am sure that Africa's personality and questions will take her far in whichever field she should choose to pursue, unlike my own wavering morals. Perhaps I am too hard on myself. I have made mistakes, it's true, but so have we all. It is how we learn, and I must remember not to hold myself accountable for my own learning process, even if it has been more painful than most.

Her next question is one that I know that I am not well-equipped to answer, but I will certainly do my best to try. She stops to look at me, and again I favor her with a kindly smile. "Well, Africa, keep in mind that I cannot speak from personal experience," I warn her before continuing, "but my understanding is that somehow or other, a bonded pair are brought together when the companion is very young. One might consider the process a type of imprinting - I'm not quite sure - but oftentimes it falls to the bonded equine to provide nourishment to the companion. Food, perhaps, or shelter, or affection. From what I have seen, bonded companions seem to develop personalities of their own, and the pair works more as a team than anything else. I would have to say that to many, a companion fills a type of void in the bonded that they may never have even known existed before. The actual process, though, that is something that eludes me. I have heard only tales, and seen only the bonded pairs after their bond is created."

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: actions write the melodies to the songs that we sing - by Sohalia - 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM