the Rift

[OPEN] Sad, Desperate Contemplation{for goodbyes}

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}

The white hide, like sunbleached bone, lay there for a time before she sensed a horse arriving, it took her a time to realize it was Mirage. The little black shadow lay down next to her and, Gossamer couldn't help but feel, the slightest bit of regret in the other's horse hug. Oh, Mirage. thinks the pale mare, You've done nothing wrong. and she stirs her form to lean, ever so lightly, on the black mare. Accepting the embrace. She was so numb when she should be rejoicing at her friends' appearance at last. But instead, here she was, mourning away again when she really shouldn't be doing so any longer.

Lazulli, shut out, looked at the two. Bewildered by all this over-pouring of emotions. Perhaps, he should be grateful that he could not feel his bonded's tumultuous thoughts, but he wasn't. This was his life-long love and he was not going to simply give up without a fight for her. He moans loudly in his dragon voice, a wail of sadness and fire erupting into the air. She had got to stop this for she was slowly taking him down with her.

He turns to the two dragons, the gold and his fellow blue brother, sending them his pain, "She has shut me out. She wants me to leave so I cannot feel her pain." His little dragon eyes pained with his suffering. All he'd ever known was her. How could she do this to him right now when they both needed each other?

Meanwhile, Gossamer was fighting her own battle. With the depression, the pain, the lack of willpower and fight which seemed to have abandoned her now. It was a hard road to travel, and she felt like she needed to be alone for it, but Lazulli had always been there. He was her one true companion, her love. But she couldn't hurt him any more than she already had, the white mare thinks solemnly. She opens her tired maw to speak, but then another comes to her side. Her sister, the one who'd ruled with her, who shared the same color dragon and an almost identical past. How could she have forgotten that mare? Smoke's words fell upon a body which, in its haze, could only give a meaningful blink in reply. She wanted to meet them, she strained her neck and found it difficult to move. It took several great attempts, but she managed to lift her head up high enough to look at them both, her eyes filled with tears. Their love, she might not have her family's, but she had theirs. And if she had only two horses, sisters, who loved her, should that not be good enough for her?
Thank you, her weak voice manages. But she is not all better, not yet, and her head lowers again as she thinks, but what do I do now? Where do I go from here? How, how do I move on?.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad, Desperate Contemplation{for goodbyes} - by Gossamer - 04-19-2013, 10:50 PM