the Rift

Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open]

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

Photo © Tony McLean
</style>
       The pair stands stonily with their wings folded as the silence is broken and company makes its way towards them. First arrives a pegasus mare of clear rank and stature, speaking with smooth feminine tones and walking with a kind gait. Unimpressed, Xira lifts her chin higher, as if she could possibly lift herself above the height of the clearly stated leader of the herdlands. Upon her shoulder, Kye digs in with sharp talons and presses her wings firmly against her side- the pair are alike in more ways than one, and their temperament towards strangers matches flawlessly. As if sporting a perpetual glare, Kye greets everyone with an air of loath while Xira simultaneously exudes disdain. They're a rather rude and lofty pair, but they do well together- just not around others.

And then the stallion arrives with brilliant sapphire wings and a walk of beauty. Whether intentional or not, he seems to strut in the moonlight- or perhaps it is the instant attraction that presents him to her in this way. Kye senses the recklessness flowing through her charges' blood, and snaps at the base of her mane impatiently. If anyone is more bitter than the mare, it is her falcon companion. Could she speak she would have commanded Xira to focus, but their bond has not been set so firmly as to allow for mind speech. Still, Xira understands the message, and returns it with a snap of her own. Her teeth bare and lips curl as she blows hot air in the face of the screeching, protesting falcon.

My choices are my own, she scolds the falcon petulantly before turning back to the pair before her. The dull looking mare, whose brown coat pales in comparison to Xira's own mix of green and bay curls, questions as if she carries authority, but Xira manages to lift her chin higher still, and flares out her wingtips impolitely.

"A bit of respite from the Sun God's bitter torment is always welcome; I assumed you and your company," she added with a nod to Jaydan, "wouldn't mind my presence here." She blinked then and froze her glare, as if to suggest that it was an honor to have her visit their lands. "Perhaps I could even be persuaded to stay," she commented loftily, her dark eyes seeming solid black in the night's shadowy reflections. Kye chittered with displeasure and nibbled her ear, but Xira merely flicked it with annoyance and paid her falcon companion no mind. As smart as it would have been to heed Kye's advice, Xira was one to trust instinct more than thought.

Messages In This Thread
Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Xira - 07-17-2012, 11:04 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Kri - 07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Jaydan - 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Xira - 07-19-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Kri - 07-22-2012, 03:29 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Jaydan - 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Xira - 07-31-2012, 03:13 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Kri - 08-12-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Jaydan - 08-14-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Some Nights [Acceptance-Kri/Open] - by Xira - 08-22-2012, 10:42 PM