the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Better or For Worse [Aylin]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
The crackling of leaves alerted Apollo to the arrival of another, and with a soulful glance to the trees he had been speaking to, the stallion lifted his head to search for the newcomer. Gentle and soft eyes searched the tree-line in the small clearing in which he stood, until he spotted the sunlight-dappled form that lingered in the trees. Apollo appraised the newcomer, nostrils flaring slightly as he intook her scent.

A mare, yes... She, like him, held a dark coat of nearly midnight charcoal, but their similarties almost stopped there. A jeweled crown rested upon her forehead, framed rather prettily by locks of the finest ivory, and her sudden appearance caused the Earth Medic to tilt his head. Who was she? As he appraised her, Apollo's eyes roamed over her frame, but not in a lecherous manner. No, he was simply curious, for there were few in Helovia who he had actually met.

'Hello,' she says to him, her words smooth like velvet, 'Who are you talking to?'

Lifting his gaze, soulful honey clashed with crisp emerald, and it was only after Apollo realized that he was staring did he open his mouth to respond. An awkward, somewhat sheepish smile crossed his lips, and he shook his head somewhat uncomfortably.

"I, um..." Oh, where to begin? Should he tell this dark mistress that he had been speaking to the spirits that he believed lived inside of trees? Would she think him crazy? Regardless, if there was one thing that Apollo learned since coming to Helovia was that one should be true to themselves. Inhaling, he hesitated once more before admitting to just what he had been doing. "I was talking with the trees. They, um... They comfort me."

Yep, Apollo mused. He sounded pretty crazy. Deciding to go on and attempt to change the subject, Apollo tilted his head the other way, forelock swaying slightly in the motion. Front hooves shuffled almost uncomfortably, for he really wasn't sure how to present himself in front of this pretty mare. Should he be gentlemanly and kind, like he was to those injured or Lady Ophelia and Lady Ktulu? No matter how often he tried to act like a gentleman, there would always be an awkward boyishness underneath. Right now, it was apparent.

"I used to live in this forest, and when I was lonely, I would talk to the trees... I'm sorry; I bet that sounds foolish, huh?" He chuckled, although it lacked genuine mirth. "Um... My name's Apollo. What's yours?"

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 05-11-2013, 06:37 AM