the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Better or For Worse [Aylin]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
aylin</style>
at night when the stars light up my sky I sit by myself talking to the moon</style>

We just find ourselves? He certainly made it sound a lot easier than it was and Aylin restrained a snort at that. When she was a child she knew who she was. She was the little moonlit flicka, as Mirage had called her, who spent her days sleeping and her nights pining after the moon, wishing she was a star just so she could be up in the heavens with the moon. She was quiet and playful and .... happy.

It had all changed. She had changed. In her time away from Helovia she had seen hardship. She had seen suffering, felt the cruelty the world had to offer and when she'd returned home she'd come home to an abandoned sister and a brother who had so cruelly left her to fend for herself. Aswane, she felt, had forgiven her for her absence, but she had yet to forgive herself. Cyrus had been the one to leave but she felt in her heart that she was the one responsible for Aswane's hardship.

Was she really cruel? She must be if she could leave her sister and brother behind.

Belatedly, Aylin realized that she had drifted off into her own thoughts and that in doing so she'd allowed several tears to escape and burn tracks down her face. The young mare snorted then ducked her head down, extending a foreleg as she did so, to rub her face on her leg and rid herself of the tears. She had no right to cry for herself. Everything that was wrong she had brought on herself and was meant to suffer through.

"You are kind, Apollo." She said moments later. "But how can you help me when I find it so difficult to help myself?" The minute the question left her lips she wished she could take it back. She really should not be troubling a stranger with her own worries and trivial problems when he probably had his own to worry about. She sighed, visibly deflated and shook her head in a weary manner. "I'm sorry to bother you." She concluded and backed up several steps. "Enjoy the rest of your time here."

Messages In This Thread
For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Apollo - 05-11-2013, 06:37 AM
RE: For Better or For Worse [Aylin] - by Aylin - 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM