the Rift

[FALLS] Living is What You're Supposed to do

Lev Fence Posts: 26
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 41 months
Adoptable

Lev Fence</style>

She appeared before him very suddenly, as if she had expected him- as if he was the one out of the loop. Almost as if it was he who appeared before her. She held some sort of authority and she made it clear. He could see it in her mildly hostile stance and her powerful build. He could sense it in the light that shone upon her horn and in the eyes of the bear that so loyally stood tame by her side. He stopped his reckless, broken walk forward and stood solid but breaking before her.

He almost opened his mouth to speak. It would be so easy to just introduce himself as always. He could feel the words rising in the back of his throat: Lev Fence, at your service. But the ladies call me Fence.

But he didn't want to say them anymore. They felt sour and wrong, and he didn't even have that same sort of flirtatious confidence. Perhaps it was the blood and grime covering his once pure coat, or the loose mane and tail, but he had forgotten what it was like to feel pretty. He had even forgotten what it was like to see pretty. The mare before him was likely very attractive, but he saw her as nothing but dull.

He felt defeated and tired. It wasn't any sort of pride or strength that kept him standing, it was instead that the idea of bending to rest was even more daunting. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get in your way," he choked out in a voice made raspy from disuse that followed an averted gaze and an uneasy pawing at the ground. His blue gaze instead traced the shadows on the ground with a certain sort of bitterness. Shadows... the damned shadows. He still felt like he was running. He still didn't feel safe.

"Could you direct me to safe haven? I don't mean to bother you for long," he asked with a sigh and a flick of a tail that once would have stayed put but now caught dirt and twigs. He leaned intently forward on a marked leg, ready to continue the monotonous trek to a place where he could maybe rest and heal. But if he were to rest... he was scared to sleep. Scared, in part, of what would come in the night, but just as scared of not waking up.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Living is What You're Supposed to do - by Lev Fence - 04-27-2013, 05:11 PM