the Rift

[FALLS] Living is What You're Supposed to do

Lev Fence Posts: 26
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 41 months
Adoptable

Lev Fence</style>

She didn't answer him, not really, but he was too exhausted to protest. His spirit was broken and he was beaten to the point of submission. He would do anything she told him to, and take her every word as if it were a tenant to live by. He needed something to lean on, to rely on. He was in an impressionable state, waiting to be taken advantage of by someone or thing.

Strange how the roles reversed in times of need. He watched her closely with hardened blue eyes and traced the line of her warrior's carriage. He kept telling himself she was gorgeous; he did not feel that she was gorgeous.

Her voice seemed brusque but she did not seem particularly unkind. He perked his ears to listen and did what he could to straighten his weakened figure and compose himself. She asked if he was a warrior- was he? He had fought before he had run for one of the few times in his life, but had he not fought only to survive? Could he really call himself a warrior?

"I can hold my own," he replied modestly with a dry swallow and a raspy neigh. "Usually, anyway. I have run, now, from the shadows that have overtaken my old home: Isilme." I am lucky I even survived he continued in his mind as he slowly lifted his aching head to catch her powerful gaze. She was handsome, he decided. Handsome was a good word. But she was not handsome in any sort of way the stallion appreciated. He wanted to, yet he did not. He told himself it was the exhaustion and the heavy stink of old blood smattered across his dirty-white pelt.

But the only one he could not lie to was himself.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Living is What You're Supposed to do - by Lev Fence - 05-01-2013, 11:01 PM