the Rift

[FALLS] A Fresh Start

Occello Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I galloped through the land, wind grazing across my back. The white of my coat reflected the sun's blazing face. I reared up the sky, my mane blew out in a gust of wind, dancing with it before slowly falling back to it's place against my neck. My nostrils flared, and I smelled the sweet grass of the field, the large field was exactly what I'd ran all this way to find. I neighed out to anybody, checking to see if the owner was in existence. The dew still left from this morning sprang out underneath my hooves as they landed on the ground. I listened quietly, the sound of bees, water trickling, and the winds soft songs were the only reply I heard, and they were content with sharing their beautiful land with me. This time I reared up and whinnied loud, asking any to come who wanted. My hooves fell again onto the soft earth, and the grass blew around my ankles. My father's herd was large, and I would start one, someday hoping for a foal or two. They were always my favorite, I spent many a day just laying with the small foals in the herd. None of my descent, but all were just as cute. I wanted that. I wanted to have a herd, large or small. This land was a perfect start, and everything seemed to fall into place, hopefully it'd continue that way. All I needed now was somebody to join, anybody, in fact, would be nice. I wouldn't mind company. Recently, I'd grown use to being alone, and even more recently had gotten the sudden realization that even when surrounded by others, one can just as easy be full of loneliness. I whinnied again, and once again, no reply but from the land itself. My father was a Pegasus, and so Pegasus blood ran through my veins, my mother always hoped I'd produce her a Pegasus grandchild before she passed. Although my wings were not visible, their was a constant current of wind where my wings should be, as though you could feel them, even though they weren't there. I turned to look at my back and then heard a twig snap.

A friend perhaps? I whinnied into the distance. Another branch snapped, and then I heard grass press underneath what I hoped was a possible friend. Out stepped a small bunny, not any older than a baby. It caught sight of me, and darted back to the farthest edge of the field, where clover grew. I laughed at myself, at least someone else is here. I slowly walked to the rabbit, neighing softly so it knew it would not be harmed. I bent my head down and reached my nose towards her. She stepped forward with her front feet, and sniffed my nose, I chuckled. Her back feet moved towards me, and she grabbed onto my nose with her paws. I then bent my head and began eating. We stayed like this for a good long hour, standing next to each other for company and every now and then looking at the other. I loved her company, but I couldn't help but wish to meet my own kind soon.

(Occello is a stallion, he's a white Pegasus. [/size]Sorry)
[/size][size=small]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)