the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Struggles of Comfort [Herd Meeting]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

The winds of Orangemoon whistle in the Throat. In the massive halls of the great, crimson wave, I walk toward the small alcove in which I had stood many times. From the caverns of the desert, my voice roars into life, the call toward my kin. Those who I would protect, those who I needed to protect. For too long, they had been living in the dark, cast by the shadow of the racism which loomed above our heads, stretching from the great peaks of the North to our desert home. The warmth from our hearts could resist the chills of winter, but for how long? Mirage had said we would not bow to them, yet what had become of Isilme?

Land after land bowed their head to the rule of Adalwulf. First the Cliffs, my winged brethren, cast from their homes to live as outcasts for their days in Isilme. Me, recruited at the prime age of four to fight beside Angel Feather against the very same evil lying in the heart of a different bastard. They bowed to it. Under the reign of Nepdon, the Moonlit Tides collapsed beneath the weight of the Equine Empire. Adalwulf the Steadfast. The grey stallion I fought against in vain for the red Cliffs of my brothers. More so than the idiot Tio, the ghost of Adalwulf's hatred haunted me still. If racism was held by such a large party, I feared for the worst. Nay, I would not bow. Mirage would not tilt her pretty head toward them.

However, I feared more that we would be cut off from the knees and forced to kneel.

As my voice echoes across the stones of the desert, the one I came to love, my mind draws too long on the evils of others. We would need to be strong. Azzuen, the only ally who would remember well the horrors of the Isilmean pegasus, lay peacefully in the heavens above. His position stayed empty, but we needed the strongest to lead us. We needed to be prepared for the larger war I feared hovering over our heads. We would need to rise to face the evils of these racists and stomp out their embers before their hatred caught fire.

When familiar faces filled the gorge, chattering idly amongst themselves and leaving my sadness at my feet, I turn a mess of mane up toward them, eyes serious and dark before I began to speak.

"Children of the desert, we have a new evil to discuss.

Your brother Valentine had told me upon my arrival of the racist unicorns which hide away in the Aurora Basin. I urge you all to maintain a clear distance away from the place, for these are not just those who look down upon the species we hold here. They are a brutal kind seeking the domination and mass genocide of all other species and any who would raise their voices against them. I have seen this evil before; it plagued my home within Isilme and nearly left the entire land dominated by one stallion and his loyals. We will not succumb to this fate.

I have spoken to lady Mirage, some of her kin following me home to this place. May you embrace our distance kin with an open heart, for she has assured me that our ties remain strong. We will face this evil together, and we will arise victorious.

However, to ensure our fate, we must become stronger. The position filled by our beloved Azzuen has sadly gone empty. While we will continue to mourn his passing, we are disadvantaged without a second strong body aside Midas. In an effort to choose one deserving of holding the same title as the Ardent, I will be overseeing a tourney between any who would participate. The warrior who shows the most promise in arms and strategy to defeat their opponent will rise to be our new General.

I am exceedingly proud of the efforts of our soldiers in protecting the Throat from our known threat, Tio, and also the vast improvement of their fighting in these past months. I urge you all to be on your guard, as news that there are hate filled hearts within Helovia should not be taken lightly. Try to travel in pairs, do not stray far north, and always, always report missing citizens to authorities. We are in desperate need of our family to watch over us in these dark times.

Together, we will overcome all obstacles. I will gladly put forward my life to protect any in this land, my family, but I need the help of you all to maintain a level of safety in our home.
"
""

[ For the herd and any visitors from the Edge. Assumed you all would show up to save time. ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel had almost begun to dread seeing her Commander again after the furious mare had soared off to fight for Athena's freedom. But here she was again, summoning the herd to a meeting. Swallowing her trepidation, she picked her way down into the canyon of stone waves where Kri addressed them, picking her way through the slowly-growing crowd to stand before their leader. With Java on her withers, she listened to Kri's speech.

So the Basin was beginning to make trouble again? She had had quite enough of them. She had not initially trusted Valentine, but by now, unless he was a spectacular manipulator, she was convinced he was good at heart (speaking of which, where was he?). Nevertheless, racism would not be tolerate by the roan mare.

At the mention of the Edge leader, she recalled the healer Torasin that had helped her once upon a time. If they were all as kind as he was, the Throat would have a steadfast ally. She did not consider the new Foothills horses, allies, though. Their agreement had been temporary, nothing more. She distrusted Ophelia and she distrusted the whole Grey band.

While recalling Azzuen's death brought her sadness, she perked up at the mention of a tourney to decide the new General. She might as well try her skills there. "General Aryel" seemed too ludicrous a title for the small, lean mare, but it was something to strive for, at least. She quietly disregarded her orders to travel in pairs and stay away from the northern lands, although the implied sting about her own discovery of Lana in the Basin made her scowl briefly.

"If I may speak," she called, stepping forward, "If you're sure these unicorns are planning our demise, maybe we should strike first? I don't pretend to understand politics, but if they've done enough to be considered aggressive, would retaliation be appropriate? They did kidnap Lana after Psyche agreed to a truce." More than ever, she wanted to lash out at the Basin horses, to make them pay for what they put her friends through.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

Cirrus
& Sitka
Cirrus knew of this evil.

My little cloud was seeing clearer skies more often recently. Somehow, slowly, I think my attempts at injecting her with happiness have had an effect. We do not forget the suffering she has gone through, the loss - that is impossible - but we live on, holding onto his smiling memory, living by the rules of life he dictated, seeking to always improve ourselves, and the herd that we reside in. There were challenges to our happiness of course, but we would overcome them, together.

I didn't like to think about what could happen if my cloud and I were separated. Physical separation is no problem, but separation of our minds after so long together would be torturous. My little cloud has filled out, she stands taller now, muscles coat her skeleton with more solidarity, there is a sureness to her cerulean gaze that was hidden for so long behind sadness. She sees the world now with a smirk upon her lips - most of the time, at least. And if it is not there, I am sure to help it find its way back.

The smirk is not there today. And I cannot put it back.

The absence of her mother was noticed by the femme. She had scoured her desert home, and a few of the lands directly north of here. But there was nothing. Cassiopeia had vanished, and Cirrus needed to know how, and why. Thoughts trickled towards her recent attendance at the meeting of leaders, Kri and Mirage, at the discussions of the racist souls residing in the North. I felt fear grow within her as she realised where her mother could be, and what could be happening to her. Could Mauja, the former leader of the Edge truly be that way? He had been so kind, so friendly, to herself, her mother, even her father, all those seasons ago.

I felt the decision settle in her mind then. Cirrus was going to travel north.

My little cloud held her decision, however, knowing that her leader was not ignorant to the situation, knowing that things needed to be done here, including the appointment of a new General. I felt her heart sink, I felt it fill with that same sadness, that depression, that all-consuming darkness once more. And I growled at it, my voice getting deeper and stronger as the months trickled by and I grew taller and powerful, embracing the Royal blood that ran through my veins. I scared this darkness away, and I replaced it with determination and resolve.

We arrived at the meeting alongside everyone else, we heard the words, the warnings spoken by our leader with a silent nod of acknowledgement. As Kri spoke of our father, I prepared for the emotional darkness to begin - and it did, but it was less now. It was controlled now. It was normal - a sadness that he was gone, lined by a positive view of what he left behind, of what he helped create. Yes, I thought happily, though my thoughts were mute to her still, her own emotions turned grateful as she felt my guardianship over her happiness raise its defences.

Did she still long to be a warrior? A bringer of destruction? Of death? I knew her to be capable of it, certainly. The spear she wielded suggested her battle prowess, a prowess she did not yet possess, however. She was fit, certainly. She maintained herself a lean and healthy body, she practised her aerial moves while I watched from the ground daily. My little cloud was meant for the skies, and she could defeat anything that came her way - at least I felt so. But could she ever rise to hold the former position her father held?

The magic of healing had embraced my cloud, just as she had embraced it in return. She saw herself now, as a healer, but one who would not back down from a fight still. As I poured through the thoughts of my beloved, I knew that she would not fight to be General, not at this instance, anyway. Perhaps after the metallic taste of war sullied her lips, she would feel differently.

I hoped not.

"It is more important to fill our ranks with the strong before we spread them too thinly across an unknown land." Cirrus said quietly, but firmly, in response to Aryel. The sky was patchy today, clouds danced a slow, drifting waltz across her pelt as she resettled her wings down by her sides. "In fortifying our own defences to hold no weaknesses, we will better learn how to spot that weakness in others." Her voice was soft, but sure, remembering the philosophy of her father. Exploiting a weakness was all well and good, but first they needed to know what that weakness was.

"I would be glad to scout North, whenever needed." Her voice spoke again, her gaze shifting to look at the Resolute first, then the Sinbird. She did not need their permission, for her wings carried her over the wall they had built without a second thought, but still she sought it. I leaned against her forelegs, looking up at her chin before continuing to look at the gathering crowd.
image credits
table by whit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
    Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>image by safetylast @ flickr.com</style>

The shaman walked quietly up toward the small rise in the wave upon which her mother stood. The girl reaches out a gentle muzzle toward the Resolute's shoulder before turning to fall in beside her, looking out at the crowd with a calm face, sensing the turmoil within her mother's gut. She speaks of many dark tales today, but her body seems weary of fighting. Onni is calm, attempting to sooth her mother with the slight brush of feathers as they stand side by side, the painted girl's frame long since surpassing her mother's. Still, it would be hard to tell that Kri did not stand taller than the modest healer.

Onni the Illuminant, daughter of Kri the Resolute, looked half her size when standing next to the mare she had spent most of her childhood attempting to impress. The God of the Sun had freed her of these expectations long ago, turning her from battle and toward the opposite art the girl had never considered. She remembers, as if she had just been standing on the beaches of the Islands yesterday, her thoughts when meeting Silverline. A healer was nothing she had thought to be. Now, she could hardly imagine being much else.

Until her mother speaks of Isilme.

Soft, pale blue eyes grow saddened, tired. She remembers her mother's tales of Isilme's old days before they had captured the cliffs. More clearly, she remembered the racism and hatred that had ruptured the land, destroying her first home. Onni pays little attention to the rest of her mother's speech, though it is obvious that her thoughts are preoccupied. On her shoulder, Lyhty chirps uncertainly and quietly. The soft rumble of Kri's voice drums in her ears, and it is only when the next voice cuts through the crowd that the pale faced mare looks up.

The Sergeant speaks, and the painted girl listens carefully before raising her own quiet voice in response. "I believe you should never jump blindly into war as you are suggesting. Attacking a large herd and leaving your own home unguarded is asking for it to be captured. Kri speaks of the Basin, but we still have other enemies," she says, smiling shyly at the girl before glancing sidelong at her mother.

"The first step should be gathering information and support. You may long for bloodshed, but I would rather keep my home here."
    ""

THIS WON'T END QUIETLY. </style>

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
    Deceased
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
    Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
    [Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
    The ground below is crumbling
    Look up
    The stars are all exploding

Crisp and fresh, a Northerly wind howled between the limestone cliffs lining the peninsula into Dragons Throat. It was welcome relief from the thick taste of desert dust; dry and choking, no matter how normal and comforting it had become. Orangemoon’s wicked breath tousled Africa’s mane playfully, twirling it into light flimsy tangles across her thick, arched neck; and dragging too, at the long full tail so that it seemed to lick hungrily at her knobbly hocks, streaking black and red against dark charcoal grey.

As it burst roughly through the oasis, palms ruffled their streamer like leaves in salutation, snapping and dancing wildly. There was a message borne upon its whispering passage also, a summoning of sorts, and Africa’s face lifted high against the buffeting swell so that her listening ears could seize all that was said. One clear ring of beckoning to call the herd; the strange form of masculine chocolate mare rose as an illusion through her pale, shining eyes. Africa turned swiftly across her taught hind legs and leapt into a hurried canter north- the direction from whence she figured the call had come.

Still so new, the raw horse had gathered little information on the method of kingdom life, and had passed so many days doing as she pleased. A simmering nervousness began to boil against the quickening thud of her heart, and she wondered what reason Kri had to usher the herd from its schedule, or in my case, holiday... There was no burning desire however, to set the lead off side (although Africa thought it was the least bit a challenge to do so), and she moved with haste through the oasis’s flourishing centre.

Other horses began emerge around her as she went, few familiar, and a tickling tension pulled at the flex of her rippling dappled hide. So many dwelt around her, yet she often saw no more than 5 of her siblings in any one day. She felt foolish as they neared their destination, all flanked with the same biting urgency to heed their master’s wish. All were busy in the Throat; everyone but Africa.

As they arrived at a great alcove of sorts, Africa paused at the rear of the growing gathering, feeling as though she held a place of far less importance than everyone else- after all, she had contributed nothing and earned no rights thus far in her delayed career. Her inexperienced gaze drifted upwards, following the lead of her brethren and she found to her surprise, Kri perched above them all in waiting. The young horse shrank into herself a little, still quite intimidated by her superior, but held herself in a flurry of remembering and forced herself into brave composure. Kri does not take kindly to cowards...

Then Kri spoke, and Africa listened carefully, both startled and enthralled by all that she explained. The stories written from her Mother’s gilded tongue were simple, compared to the (intriguing) nightmare which was apparently unfolding as they amassed. Another thing struck viciously at her impressionable heart- there was one she had met recently, had embraced; and that girl had spoken of her home in passing to Africa. It was the same place which Kri now spoke so abhorrently against. Guilt flickered through her eyes, as the loss of a friendship seemed imminent. I will never wear the cheap hat of disloyalty, she thought in grim silence, as Kri finished speaking and the strike of conversation around the topic at hand, began.

The Throat was her home, and these horses were her family. That automatically gave Africa belonging into the issue, although she felt truly like her worth in it all was slim to none. Kri had trusted them to travel carefully in pairs, and she would observe the warning carefully and work with her siblings to maintain herd safety. Her humble nature wanted so desperately to help, and for now it seemed like that would be enough to ensure her contribution was seen as satisfactory.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
    Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
    Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
    Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Though the desert was a far cry from the cool ocean winds of his home, the inhabitants had been rather welcoming since his arrival. For once he had taken a moment to thank he had not been born of darker hue, like his traveling companions. Normal situations would have made him a beacon of bright coloring, but in this bright land he was probably the best off in their odd trio. Though not many had been officially met, Onni had been a rather kind guide to him throughout his stay in the Dragon's Throat. Once he'd located all water sources, he'd taken the time to explore every piece that he could. It wasn't possible in just a few days, the Throat was clearly a place that needed to be lived in, adored, before you could fully understand and appreciate its beauty. Hopefully in the time Mirage had given him, Kaj could experience the land like it needed to be. Home was where the heart was, after all. Although the Edge had been tattooed forever upon his, with the beating of the waves against the cliffs the rhythm of his own heart in his chest, the Throat was still a home to many others. Kaj would not take it, or this opportunity, for granted.

Powerful song broke out over the land, and pale aureate listeners flickered up immediately. Having met Kri when they had first arrived, there was a note of familiarity in that call despite hardly knowing her on an intimate level at all. Demand was clear in her tone, a meeting of some sorts? Everything about the resonation over the sand felt wrong to him, but not in a way that was negative towards the Throat inhabitants. When Mirage called for her children to come around her, it was with dragon song most often of all. Melodies that resonated eerily, beautifully, among the trees and mists of home. Regardless he lifted his head from where he had been inspecting something that his mind promptly forgot in an instant, as it was unimportant in the face of this call. He must answer.

Slowly he started to move his legs in familiar motions, increasing his speed towards the source of the call. This land was still somewhat unfamiliar to him, and he had no idea where Kri may be, so his best vantage point was from the skies. Massive wings drifted open to catch the ever-present tumbling drafts of the desert, the paleness beneath revealed as he began to push his body into the air. Once he was encased in the beauty of the sapphire lake overhead, he began searching for the lady that had called for his presence. Of course, it was not only his presence, but it was clear he should be there regardless. Letting Mirage down would probably do more to kill his soul than anything else.

Though, it was soon obvious that he was far too tempted with all this open air and flat land. The Edge was known for its twisting trees, and though he adored them he was reveling in the endless lands that did nothing to impede his vision. Such endless skies...flying was Kaj's favorite pastime, and leaving the heavenly embrace that equally adored him was hard. Willpower won out when a small gaggle of bodies was spotted, and he tucked his wings in tight towards his body. This was perhaps his favorite part of flying- the landing. Was he a daredevil? Not in the normal sense, only in aerial activities did he do what...well what he was about to. Forelegs tucked close and like an arrow he shot down towards the ground. Wings opened slowly until the perfect moment, and with a flourish and a solid thud of hooves upon soil, he had landed. It wasn't a particularly subtle entrance, but the joy glowing in his eyes was more than enough to show any who questioned him that it had not been for show. It had been him loving the air he was born for.

Glancing around for anyone he knew, he was rather surprised to spot Onni at her mother's side. That was a tidbit he had learned when they had first met, not that it had changed his view on her at all. Two others stood around- one who appeared to hold some sort of rank, and the other a rather sad-eyed beauty with a companion he'd never seen before. Not that he could judge, considering the woods of home were filled with creatures such as Akaith, Lazulli, and Kali. Her sadness bothered him, made him wish to extend his muzzle to her and wash away whatever troubled her. It was not easily detected, and the courage on her face was rather admirable, so he let her be. It was not his place to delve into the problems of others. Having nobody else to stand beside out of those collected, and unable to stand beside Onni, he remained awkwardly between the two mares at first. Fiercely he wished Rishima was beside him, for he felt as if he were drowning in a sea of unfamiliar faces regardless of how many had gathered. Now who should he migrate to? Neither looked particularly hostile, but the roan mare seemed rather...hm. Kaj couldn't quite place her, so instead he stood a few paces away from the lass and her companion. Listening attentively to Kri, nearly inhaling the information she gave them all.

News of the Basin was not as new to him, considering Mirage's escape from her own imprisonment there. Xanthos, too, had left alongside her and taken up a position as an Edge member. It did nothing to quell his anger, however. Racism was not something entirely obvious in his old homeland, but they had all been pegasi there. Why would they hate a different species when they, too, had mutations? When an equine could be born from two unicorns? Blood was a finnicky thing that went back generations, and Kaj was sickened by the fiends cowering up North. Did he wish to fight them? Of course he did, it was a matter of honor and protection of his home. Would he? Of course not. Destrier was usually the one who was best with words, but Kaj had military background that aided his lack of verbal prowess. Rushing into a climate as cold and severe as that, with a massive well-trained herd hiding beneath an environment neither allied herd was familiar with, was absolute suicide regardless of numbers. The mare to his left apparently didn't think so, speaking up in desire to attack first and use the advantage of surprise and planning. The brash speaker was rebutted by the lass on his right. She spoke sense, but admiration was in his eyes when she volunteered to fly North and scout for them. However concern was welded in his gaze as well, for she was young and still just one person. Yet again, it was not his position to say anything on either side.

Hearing of the impending Throat tournament made a smile creep onto pale lips, remembering the aches of his own body after he had captured the title of WeyrLeader. It was a brilliant idea, one he could not help but look forward to witnessing during his stay. Onni spoke up then, and Kaj was thoroughly impressed by the knowledge all of them held. It was rather reminiscent of his former lands, where mares held near-ultimate power, rather like lionesses. Only then did he realize that he was the only male in their company, and wanted Rishima at his side once more. Was that an insult against her personality? Of course not, but she was certainly more of a comfort than all of these dangerous women. Maybe Maskan was right, he was a sitting duck right here. But...Rishima was not there, and it was time for him, too, to speak. Softly clearing his throat he took a step forward, crown bowing respectfully to Kri.

Gods, he was not the best with words. Why couldn't Rishima be here to speak? He was going to screw up, he knew it. "Sultana Kri, it is a pleasure to reside in your lands. I only wish it was at a time when such turmoil is held high above all of our heads. I lend my good luck wishes to all that participate in this Tournament for the General's position. Be strong of heart. I won my own title through a tournament as well, and I will avidly await the decision should I be here when it arrives." Deciding that was enough with the pleasantries, he flicked his plume idly and shifted his large wings a bit uncomfortably. The expression on his face was clear to others that he didn't much care for idle chat, so he continued on. Damn it, he hated being long-winded. "While I am here, I am at your services. Should any desire to spar with me to keep all of our senses sharp, I will not decline. Kri, all you must do is point me in the right direction and I will aid as best I can." Gaze swept over those gathered, not lingering on any in particular. Lords help him, Kri was going to come down and knock his head in if he kept rambling such nonsense. "For those who do not know, I am Kaj, one of the WingLeaders...or General, in your case, of the World's Edge. I came here with my herd sister Rishima, our Moon's Advocate. I cannot assure I will remember all of your names, but should you call for me I will answer. Though I may not be your brother by title, I hope you will consider me so while I am here. There is no room for distrust in a time like this." Gaze turned a bit hard there, not in anger but in more of a fatherly warning, had he any offspring. Too many battles had been fought and won on his side for experience not to have nested deeply within his brain. Nodding again to Kri he stepped back and settled once more, intense gaze focused solely upon the Sultana. He really needed to figure out how to stop that, it was going to start making people feel uncomfortable.

He fervently prayed Rishima would be there soon. Hopefully he didn't say anything that would get his brains knocked in or turned to mush.

KAJ
    the war outside our door keeps raging on

image credits
    table by whit
    Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
    Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
    Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

[Keeping this short...basically he just doesn't recognize many, and is having trouble following what everyone is saying o.O;]

So many new faces...how had they all slipped by? Only onnneeeee and sar-gent Aryel were familiar faces, in the crowd. But the rest...? He assumed My-dus must be on patrol, and this was good. The last time, when the white mare had appeared, nearly the entire damned herd had gathered, leaving their borders entirely unprotected. Not good, he recalled with a quiet grunt to himself, so as not to interrupt Kri's words.

Gaucho was positioned somewhat behind the group. He did not feel particularly comfortable around his family, for he felt that he scared many of them. The bone piercing his nose - the odd markings upon his body, the antlers adorning his brow, and of course, the snake which coiled around his broad shoulders...He often saw their eyes wandering across his body; theirs eyes urging him to protect, but not to come any closer. And so, Gaucho remained on the outskirts, straining to capture each word that fell from the Sultana's lips. His dark ears were forced as far forward as they could go, his head caulked slightly to the side, and his dark lips moving slightly, as if trying to grasp each word. Every now and then, as someone new would speak, Gaucho would wince with frustration. The voices - the words! They were all moving too fast.

Eventually, as the group began to voice their opinions, Gaucho turned his steely gaze to the perimeter with a heavy sigh. Not often did the verbal and social blockade which exists between him and his herd cause him frustration, but when it concerned their safety and protection, Gaucho could feel the distance all the more. Stoically, his gaze remained on Kri, once he was assured that their meeting was secure. She was a worthy Sultana, and Gaucho would gladly follow her instructions, even if it meant his demise. She will tell. Gaucho thought to himself, mentally reassuring himself that Kri would give him explicit instructions, as necessary.

Image Credits
    Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Cierra Posts: N/A
    Unregistered
    :: :: ::

A strong voice with clear intentions echoed through the dry land. The buckskin lifted her small face from a tiny patch of crunchy grass and her legs began to carry her toward the source that was not too far away. Once she reached the gathering, she paused and peered around. So many unknown faces circled one another, arguments of what actions to take on the evil that was spoken of. Cierra stood quietly behind the shaman of the herd, Omni, she had been told she was called. Her black tipped ears pressed toward every voice as each reined over another, resulting in a disagreement and a different tactic. The young mare had no idea what was going on.

Glancing around, she knew only one of the herd members, the antlered male that was called Guacho. He had invited her to the Throat in very few words, confusing her young and immature mind as to why he was so quiet. Hazel eyes cast upon the huge snake that lounged on his back, making her stomach turn in an upsetting way. The way that thing looked.. oh my god. Quickly, she turned her attention back to a few more voices that rose from the crowd.

This was her new home and she felt entitled to protect it in some way, despite her challenge in size and hatred of flying. "I don't know if there's any way I can help, but I'll do anything." Her voice, raspy and thick, carried through the many voices. Possibly it didn't reach any one that had an opinion on her presence, but hopefully it would. The female took a few steps further into the group, making herself present for the mocking or applause that she may receive. No positive feedback was expected at all, she just figured some one would scoff at her dumb intentions and ignore her. She would simply stand down, as she had no idea who was in charge and who wasn't. It wouldn't be very smart to upset a hierarchy at this new of a member.

Avalon Posts: N/A
    Unregistered

Avalon's large buckskin frame had arrived on time and she watched as other showed. She was very observative of everyone, even those who did not speak. She listened to everyone's thoughts and analyzed many plans in the process. She began to think it through, what she would say, quickly. She wanted to weave her brain's fingers through it and make sure it would be a smart move; a good thought to be voiced.

Other thoughts, however, also plagued her mind for just a bit. Including the fact that the racist others of her own species were planning to attack her home. It was a hostile move, and it would not go unpunished. Retribution was usually the last thing on her mind but it made her blood boil. It usually took a lot to do it as well.

Avalon had to cool her anger down, however, knowing that it would influence actions. It would mess with your thinking and make the brain think of foolish courses and actions to take.

When some of the others had spoke, Avalon had came to a conclusion. Her warm voice was no longer warm, but rather stern and cold. Like that when she was talking to an enemy. "As much as I would like to see these racist twigbrains go down under our hooves and drown in their own lake of blood, I do believe that we all need training. However, I also believe that much of our individual time should be devoted to spars. I am more than open to helping with anything. Including shredding flesh of the, our, enemy."

Talk

Image Credits
    Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
    Deceased
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
    Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Our numbers swelled. A decent harvest for a year of reaping, even after two threshing our clan remained large and strong. Allies were made, they created an invisible blanket of warm protection. We had little to fear from the outside, but that didn’t mean that our virtues shouldn’t air on the side of caution. Not when I had found a rouge warrior brashly attacking one of our sisters out in the open, and not with the said rumors of doubles wearing the faces of our brethren running amuck.

Since Cera had come to me, his eyes filled with terror and a story upon his lips of a monster who took my face; I have been on edge. My guess was that his experience was from some sort of magic, some entity that was sent to test him. Further exploration of this story had lead me to the spot where the monster had been seen, yet not a trace of him remained save for a few hoof marks that matched my own. We the matter pass for now, though I knew that magic of this sort had to be reported to Kri. We had scarcely the time to speak, my leaders kept us busy.

The changing of seasons had come, and with it bringing joy for the cooler air—and a meeting.

I went to go get Cera, who was coming of age; by next season he would no longer be a colt. But I couldn’t think of such things as we poured as a group into the great halls of sandstone. Stomping up dry dust into the swirling air, unknowingly my magic hardened the particles around me—clumping them up until they grew heavy and fell back to earth in slightly bigger mass that would go unnoticed by those that didn’t pay close attention.

It wasn’t long after the meeting had begun that Kri opened jaws and began the start of a rather bold speak that hushed our gathering. My ears pricked forward as her words spilled new information. Far north of here was a land called, “Aurora Basin.” I hadn’t taken the liberty to visit this territory, some thought it was empty of life—barren and without fruits to pass survival. Then again, most who entered the Throat of a dragon thought the same—yet we remained. She spoke of our allies, the edge. I remembered them with only slight fondness; their friendship was welcomed, but I knew little of the leaders or the children behind its borders. Still, my Sultana seemed to trust them wholeheartedly; so I would do the same.

Kri then spoke of Azzuen. My heart pitched forward, bottomless pits remained on my leader—but I could feel them glaze even as she spoke. It was true we all still grieved over this loss; a mentor that could never be replaced in my eyes. He had been a true spirit, worthy of every reward an afterlife had to offer. I still longed for his guidance, and ever since his passing have felt the full weight of our herd upon my shoulders. The order to travel in pairs was maintained, my eyes drifted to find Cera’s—their pits filled with concern for the youth, not harshness. He had my companion, and his own; even then all those measures still didn’t feel adequate enough.

Aryel spoke up before Kri’s words had barely silenced, my gaze fell upon her. A frown forming when she suggested war. We knew nothing of this, barely understood their evil. Yet my sergeant would have us strike blind? A favored daughter of the sand stepped up to speak next, her words mimicking my own unspoken utterances. A two year old held more wisdom then her elder, such like father to daughter. The girl had a firm head upon shoulders and would grow to be a proud warrior.

Onni speaks next, also reprimanding Aryel’s idea. A fellow from the Edge moves to take his turn, a General for their ranks. I listen to his offering and extended branch of trust with quiet interest. A few citizens moved to respond with their voice pitched toward grinding evil beneath hoof. Seems like everyone had their point to make in this meeting.Turning my gaze toward Kri with hopes of catching her eyes, I nod once to her. A silent assurance that her will would be done. Or I would die trying.

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
    with you, with you
    [Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Eios Posts: N/A
    Unregistered

A few short weeks have passed with myself in my new herdland and, already, I was almost back to being at home in hot, dry weather. My gilded white pelt was now slowly becoming less and less stained with sweat and, with my Soldier training, my breathing was quite easy.

I had quickly found that Midas was not a lax trainer of his soldiers as soon as I'd asked to be one. While my body had been in good shape, it was certainly not that of a warrior. Thus, I'd been flying and running for hours a day. I found that if I unfurled my wings while running on the ground, both my legs and wings were given a substantial workout. My body had turned, in this short time, from looking like that of a young adolescent to that of a stallion. The budding body now filling out into its form. Muscles rippled beneath my pristine hide: taught and well worked.

This new found structure of mine was whipping through a fluffy, hot column of air when I head a call. Strong and feminine, I assumed it belonged to that of someone of importance...perhaps even my Sultana Commander, Kri the Resolute. With an easy twitch of my primaries, I twist down to where my ears told me the call originated. The sky blue color of my orbs twist and twirl with me as I dance down the currents to the sandy ground below. I land in a small burst of dust, my gold sprinkled hide and I, just outside of the somewhat small gathering of horses. There were two grey Pegasus mares, a multitude of variations of buckskins or duns, a bay stallion whose antler horns looked intriguing, a paint mare, and a very interestingly colored roan mare. I can't tell for certain, but it almost seems as if the hair upon her hide might be changing colors, almost as my eyes do. She draws me, ever so slightly, for she stands out amongst the crowd; unlike no other here. Her and the bay stallion with the antlers stand out, both for their own reasons. Hers is almost a personality thing, but his is mostly his appearance. He stands on the outskirts of the meeting and does not speak up as the others do. I decide I like him. He doesn't seem like he'd be one to judge me. Though, before I can settle into the meeting, I must state my words to the lead. Her words are certainly troubling.

It would be a horrible shame to lose a home I enjoy so much so shortly after my reaching it. I felt as if, here, I could reclaim my mortality. No, not reclaim. I don't believe I'd ever truly thought of myself as mortal, growing up with a god as my foster father. I'd always felt in between two worlds. But here, I was not. My gold feet propelled me forward until I found myself somewhat closer into the meeting and at the side of the antlered bay. My muscled body tensed as I spoke, loud enough to be heard from my position at the edge of the herd, in my deep baritone voice,"Training for the battle is of the greatest importance, but I also agree with others who speak of gathering information about precisely what our herd faces." and then I speak directly to the Lead "Sultana Kri, I offer whatever help I may give and I would also like to volunteer for the tournament." and then I nod my head in a terse bow to her once more and becoming silent. My nervous eyes swirl in varying shades of blue as I can't help but worry about my new leads reception, though the eyes are the only sign of such worry.

Image Credits

Vesta Posts: 15
    Deceased
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 5 years Buff: NOVICE
    Time

I was late. Fuck.

Trotting up, I listened as best I could to Kri's shouting words as they faded into the desert, and also listened to others as they chose to chime in. Settling next to Gaucho I bumped my shoulder against his gently, looking to him briefly. I wanted him to know I had healed up well and was alright. Maybe after the meeting I could snag the brute away, remind him of the safety he had given me. With a flick of my ear, I turned my attention back on Kri and the others. A blue roan spoke of attacking this Basin, while a painted mare I knew as the healer of the desert spoke of defense. I knew Onni, the painted mare, was very wise. Shifting my weight I looked upon the creature that introduced himself as a Wingleader.

Although Kri insisted they were kin, friends, something, my eyes narrowed darkly. He spoke highly of himself, arrogance dripping from his tongue. If I carried the same vocal cords as a canine I knew that Gaucho would be able to hear my growling. I knew, instantly, that this Kaj and I would never be civil unless duty called for it. Rolling my shoulders back and swallowing my silent growl, I looked to Kri. When, Kri, will we be holding this tourney?" As I spoke I was very aware of everyone around me. I waited for curious eyes to bounce onto my new, foreign frame. I sought comfort, like a child, from the glances of Gaucho or Kri or even the paint with the golden-tipped wings, Midas. Those were the ones I knew.

Vesta
    </style>

image credits
    table by whit

Hector Posts: 262
    Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
    Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
    Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
     I'm Not Superman</style>

I'm not a modest guy who will say it's enough if I can protect as many people as my two hands can handle either.
    </style>

Another day, another meeting.

It seemed the lands were getting restless in this tender peace and alliances were being tested once again. Loyalty guided his direction to the meeting and curiosity drove his speed, Veci faithfully floated somewhere near his side with only his presence detectable. The burning sun had slowly lost it's edge as Orangemoon seeped into the land and Hector found himself greatly appreciating the colder turn and the cool breeze that licked against his liver coat. Great wings powered on until he finally reached the caverns from which Kri spoke, instantly taking a place next to Vesta who in turn stood next to the silent Gaucho. Nodding in salute to his General and lastly to his Commander before taking in each word the Resolute spoke.

Teeth clenched when she spoke of a place called the Aurora Basin, never had the Soldier been there and never would he go unless commanded to. The idea of an evil unicorn group did play on his conscience though, for atop his own head sat two thick looking rhino horns. Did they think any less of him? He shared the blood of this species who would seek dominion over all. Did the darkness that inhabited these unicorns also live within himself? It was, on a whole, a disturbing thought and he desperately pushed it to the back of his mind to concentrate on the rest. Ignoring the uncertainty growing on his heart.

The mention of Mirage lightened his spirits, the Edge had always been a land they could count on and that didn't look to have changed. He offered their representative, Kaj, a kind nod of welcome. He had once before met the Dragon Heart, when his services were captured by Paladin he played messenger boy to the Edge before returning home. She seemed a strong Leader, from the few moments he had been given with her. Ears flickered then when Kri spoke of a tournament to replace the late Azzuen. He offered a moment to think of the great blue stallion, who he knew very little of, but had served under for sometime. His heart lurched in sadness, but he bested himself and set his jaw in determination. The warriors would not grow weak in his absence.

He took in the last part of Kri's speech, smiling when she complimented her soldiers and nodding once when she spoke of travelling in pairs. Her commands were clear and he would follow them like the loyal stud he was. Others took their turn then to speak, he frowned slightly at Aryel, but found the healers had more than enough sense to play down the notion of war. It was premature and it would always be difficult if you marched on unknown territory. They would have the immediate advantage, always, it was best to wait. He listened to Kaj, agreeing with his words yet not particularly liking his tone. Yet, he wasn't here to like the sound of another's voice and so he looked to Vesta when finally she spoke. Smiling when someone, finally, got down to the business at hand.

"In honour of our late General, I too will fight in this tournament." He said simply to Kri in his normal booming vocals before falling silent for the rest of the meeting. He had already faced his Commander in combat and he had felt much better since.

Image Credits

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
    • Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
    Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
    Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
    [Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

This is the first herd meeting that I have been called to in my time in the Throat. It is a bit overwhelming, truth be told, to be among so many. I have gone from being an outcast, a loner, to being a part of a very large herd, though I have never before seen so many gathered at once. I have met one or two - Kri and Sumati, of course, everyone here knew at least by face. I for one have never spoken with either of them, but I trust them nonetheless. Their duty is to us, their lives as good as ours. They have given everything for us, and I would gladly do the same for them. Also among those that I know are the General, the Healers - again, only by face. And then there is Gaucho.

A dull ache sprouts in my throat and anxiety spread through my limbs, for I know that my mate cannot be far away at a herd meeting like this. However, I cannot yet see his body through the remainder of the group, and I cannot help but let my orbs return to and linger on the primitive steed for a moment. He is tall and handsome, as ever, but he does not speak. This is not surprising, given the trouble he seemed to have with even my name during our brief but life-changing encounter. A silent laugh explodes in my mind, but it is not happy. It is scornful, for I know that our 'encounter,' as I so politely call it, was fifty shades of wrong.

I close my eyes and count to ten, willing my gaze back to our leaders when I open them. I listen carefully to the conversation around me, focusing on each and every voice, memorizing faces, tones, accents - anything to keep my mind on the present. It does start to drift after a while, though, but thankfully it does not return to the predicament of Gaucho and Note. Instead, I begin to consider how I might be of help. I am no fighter, so even volunteering as a soldier would be impossible, let alone competing for the rank of General. Instead, I silently wish luck to all of those who would choose to participate. The thought of healing again enters my mind, as it has done so often before, but again I shy away from the thought of blood. I am a peaceful soul, and I do not like these preparations for war. Still, it is my duty to offer my help wherever it may be needed.

Suddenly, a thought comes to me: the wall. If I remember correctly, it has yet to be completed. It would be something to do, something productive, something that would protect the ones I love from outside threats. And I would avoid the blood of battle. Gathering my courage, I speak out: "Sultanas, my herd, I would like to wish the best of luck to those who wil compete in the upcoming Tournament. However, I would also like to raise a different question - what of this wall that has been started? It can offer us protection, or at least deter our enemies from entering our lands unannounced." Turning my attention solely to my leaders now, I bow my head. "I would like to offer my assistance, if I may. I am no soldier, nor am I a healer; I would be no use in combat. But I would like to contribute to the protection of our family, if I may."

"talk talk talk"

Live... I want to live on fire
    Die... I want to burn out brighter
    Brighter than the northern lights
    Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
    Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
    Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Levi Posts: 270
    Hidden Account
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
    Ava
    Levi was in no mood to be late for his herd meeting, but lately he wasn’t in such a mood as he usually was. He felt drained in a sense, but he knew he would have to be there for his family. Levi listened to Kri as he approached he stepped beside Midas. He gave his fellow general a slight dip as he nodded with a smile plastered to his face. Midas was truly one of his best friends. He was honest and true to himself as well as others and Levi was grateful for having someone like Midas in his life. His attention was once again grasped by the intriguing speech, but as he turned his head he started to notice his brothers and sisters. One by one he smiled at them and gratefully smiled and nodded his head. First he recognized Aryel, he gave her a warm smile. He wanted to stand by her side to, but he it was too late now. Aryel meant a lot to him, since she was the first friend that he ever had. He felt comfort with her, even if she wasn’t close to him the silver grullo was relaxed. Next he saw Onni. Although they hadn’t gotton off on the right hoof, he still appreciated and respected her. She was great, just like Sultana Kri, and she held so much power to be proud of.

His silver eyes traced to Africa giving her a smile, remembering what a great new member she was. She was very committed and deserved to be recognized for it. Then they traveled to Gaucho. Oh how the grullo loved sparring with him. He was such an developed fighter and Levi knew that he would have to keep up all of his strength and passion to compete with him since Gaucho taught him that he needed to be stronger. Smiling at him, Levi traced to all of the herd members. He listened to each of them speak before he knew what he was going to say. “Since when did Azzuen die? How awful was I to miss my own brother’s death…” Bracing himself for a moment, he felt as though tears were going to fill in his eyes. Death was something that Levi hated and was more so afraid of even though he risked his life every time he stepped into the battleground. He liked the challenge though; it gave him something to fight for.

General! The position was up for grabs. Levi knew that he would be able to fulfill the duty although he knew that he wouldn’t be the only one wanting it. He knew he was going to have to prove himself even harder than he would have usually had to. This wasn’t a normal position and it would be even harder to achieve then a sergeant. The grullo smirked at the idea of working with Midas all of the time, it would be quite fun.

Sohalia was the last to speak and he listened to every word she had to say. He was ready and he knew what he had to say. “Brothers and sisters, if I may speak, I would like to say something. Over the past months I have been honored to serve you as a Sergeant. I love my job dearly and I enjoy getting all of the training and training others, but I do agree with Aryel and Avalon. We need more training and we cannot leave our home for those fleabags. We don’t know what we are up against… I would love to crush my hooves right through their disgusting excuse for a brain, but we just need to prepare a bit more I think… I would be more than happy to help others train and go into the war when it begins.”

Walk walk walk walk walk.
    "Talk talk talk talk talk."

levi.</style>
      when the light begins to fade, i'll be your guide.</style>
    image by geezaweezer @ flickr.com

Andromeda Posts: 91
    Dragon's Throat Healer
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
    Lauren

My great wings furl close to my muscled sides as I land softly and gently amongst the hindmost equines collected at the back. I had been patrolling the skies and watching the earth, as is my duty that I repeated tirelessly every day. No, I had not heard Kri's cries in the wide deep blue yonder, but seen the horses gathering, from the small patched form far below I knew as Onni, the blue gray of my sister-in-arms Aryel, with the fiery temperament quite unlike the cool color of her coat, from the brief times we had talked. Levi had been gone, and I knew little of him. But upon landing on the rough soil, I shivered to hear all the anger rising in the air, tension thick enough I could eat it. Yet on the Resolute marched, our most strong Commander, and I crease my muzzle upon hearing of the passing of Azzuen, not for disgust but for forlorn memories. He was a good pegasus, in all ways I could imagine. Sultana speaks of a new position, an opening for general, and I glance around at all the faces already clamoring for it. For once, it seems that Aryel's impulsiveness has not led her forward brashly trying to claim it. But there are many others- a white mare with an ebony mane and tail, I do not know her or recall her; a great stallion with antlers- I think a hybrid of pegasus and unicorn, heavily ornamented and covered in scars; Hector, I know him; Levi, coming up with a full speech. Suddenly I wonder how much I quite like him. He speaks so brazenly about getting to know the herd and war.

War! The clash of heated bodies and bared teeth, buffeting wings and slamming hooves! I cannot imagine this, not here in our home. They would have to be deeply stupid to march onto the largest and most prepared herd of all. After all, did we not have a wall- albeit being built? Did we not hold grace to the finest soldiers, led by the mighty Kri and trained by the honorable Midas? We were in the far south, as well. It would be difficult for a train of unicorns to come running through the narrow strip of land of the Windtossed Foothills without the Gray asking what in the world they were doing. Then we would still have the Edge, home to Mirage and her Weyrlings. They couldn't just waltz down here- the Basin would need to fight for every inch, and conquer two lands. It makes my muzzle wrinkle to think of all the bloodshed. But it is true the herd is great in numbers. On the other hand, the Gray is filled with horses ready to kill, not just fight. The Edge, too, is incredibly strong with its head unswayed. They defeated the Basin the first time.

I would rather remain quiet, let the leaders find my face and read it, but I know I should speak outloud instead of waiting for someone who may never come to rectify one or two mistakes I may have noticed. "I would like to point out one or two things, if the Sultana would not mind. First, the Aurora Basin is far in the north, and we are in the south. They would have to conquer the Foothills and Edge first before marching onto us, I think, for I doubt either of the herds would allow an army of unicorns to come marching down. Secondly, winter approaches. Somehow I don't think the Basin leader would be happy to drag unhealthy soldiers down for battle from a bitter winter to face us with our mild winters." I pause, uncomfortable. I dislike speaking so much, but I suppose it is necessary. "I am happy with my position, and I will not participate in the tourney, for the reason that I think there is someone more suitable than me just waiting for it." I smile, and duck my head shyly, sneaking a glance at Midas with Cera. Around us there are others, too, I do not recognize, horses not even smelling of the dusty Throat. Visitors from the Edge, I think. One is a big pegasus, with the sort of kindly strong face that Midas has as well. He too says he is a general in his homeland. Maybe I should try and speak to him after, ask him about the Edge. I'm curious to know how different things may be by now. Or maybe I'll ask him to train me a bit.

I don't know his name, however. Should us sergeants know the names of other herd leaders and generals?

ANDROMEDA</style>
    In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Rishima Posts: 137
    World's Edge Moon Advocate
    Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
    Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.</style>
    But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.</style>

She comes in late, far too late, but still in time to catch the tail end of Kri's speech. A sigh of wind follows in the form of feather and fur; Kali's love of the desert land surpasses anything the pair might have anticipated, and she dances lazy loops through the warm summer air. There are no dragons here, no companions who, in her mind, rank higher in the natural hierarchy; and so she is lord of the sky, left to rule over vulture and falcon, watching as horses discuss the worries of war far below.

Whispers of turmoil and strife are not news for the moonlit mare. She has seen the aftermath of the invasion of the Foothills, a fight which the Throat supported; whether for good of ill she will not judge. She has watched the ranks of her homeland swell, has stood behind the looming shadows of Mirage and her seconds, a quiet whisper in the background of their minds, an observer in all things and commenter in few. The choice to venture out to this land of sand and sun sprung in part from her distant itch to wander, the constant need to move away, travel, drift, experience; and in part from a strange sense of affection, a desire to see the herd, her herd, prosper and grow.

She falls into place beside Kaj, and though her expression remains formal, the smile that colors tight lips shows approval of his words. He is a good stallion, she thinks - long winded, but with good intent behind his voice. She lets him speak and stands in silence, watching and listening for the words of the Throat, searching for the vein that holds them together. Sergeant, compete, war, wall; this is a tribe of fierce warriors and close ties, of passion and fire befitting its atmosphere. She stands among them and feels respect, if not a touch of amusement. So deeply they care for a world so temporary, for the bonds of land and brother so easily broken by time and deceit.

She will not say it, but she envies their love.

"What Kaj says is true." Dark lyrics follow the words of a starry-framed pegasus, a belated affirmation to her clearly nervous herd mate's speech. "We are glad to be among you, and will help your cause as best we can." Short, simple; Kaj had done the bulk of the speaking, and the silver-maned mare was simply there to support his phrases. "Should you have any questions for us, seek us out, or have your companions call for Kali."

On cue the gryphon falls from the sky, a spiraling meteor of smoky white that arcs at the last moment and slows her descent, landing upon the sand at the mare's hooves in a flurry of sand and claws. Avian head tilts curiously, bright blue eyes wondering at those around her and tail lashing eagerly against the ground. She chirps happily, purrs, and begins grooming her shoulder nonchalantly. The mare smiles.
    Stock Providers: Horse, Background.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
    Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
    lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

I wait, more patiently than I have in a long time, for all of the comments and questions.

My face remains impassive as they speak, looking from face to face as they devour and provide feedback for the information I have given. I notice that Midas too remains silent, offering nothing to discussion and likely awaiting my verdict on it all. Not surprisingly, several of the lower ranks appear excited by the idea of the tourney, though my Sergeants do not seem all that amused by the idea. I had expected Andromeda to remain modest in her abilities, but I am surprised by the hesitation I see from Aryel.

Normally, I feel she would have jumped at the idea like she jumps into everything. The thoughtless actions of not reporting to her superiors, trying to take things into her own power, was something that reminded me of myself when I was young. And, well, I was frankly an idiot. Time would temper her. Getting her ass kicked several times would temper her. More than anything, seeing loved ones get hurt on her behalf would temper her. I rarely admitted weakness, but I am proud enough to state that I can rely on my brothers and sisters more than my own muscle.

Family and heart. They are the skeleton and muscle of any warrior.

Sohalia speaks of the wall, and that matter is something that nearly makes me sigh in exasperation. How many fucking Artisans have we gone through since its inception? I look toward the pale, winged mare and smile. "I fear the Gods have been unwise in their selections as of late," a joking tone. "The Artisans blessed with metallurgy have also been blessed with a certain weight of unreliability. The construction will begin again as soon as we have a stable Artisan to head the project." A smile on my lips as I offer the explanation to the grey mare, before turning my attention to the subject of war.

"Our shamans and Andromeda bring up clear and precise reasons why marching on the Basin would be unfavorable," I say, trying to avoid the words idiotic and flat out stupid. "The Basin's ranks swell noticeably in the Northern home. The tundra is an unfavorable terrain for us of the desert to face, for the snow and cold winds are foreign to us. We do not have the mass to split our forces between the land of the North and those here in the South to win a victory on both fronts, should we attempt to attack them." My voice is calm and decisive, looking from Aryel to Levi to Avalon. "While I know that the hearts of my soldiers are strong, I will not throw the lives of my kin just to race them into a death-match. This is why I advise caution over aggression.

"Their secret has spread, but we still do not know the faces of our enemy. We are not certain all members of the herd are racists, so it is possible we can erase the problem with less effort than a full scale invasion. Rather than plunging blindly into a land laden with spikes, we should capture more information.

"Cirrus, your father would be proud of your initiative. The ranks of the Informants have grown slim, so I appreciate you offering your services. You will be able to hide in the skies with the magic of your coat. Gather a couple of your brethren and scan the area of the North. Watch after one another. If there is a capture, any who escape must return to report it to a superior," my eyes linger on Aryel for a moment before turning back to the mare. "Any information on numbers, prisoners, or general strength would be helpful."

My serious face turns into one more warm as I look out at my soldiers, feeling their excitement with the tourney. "The tourney will begin toward the middle of the season to give any a chance to prepare. Remember that you are facing your kin, and while I wish you to show your ability to fight, you are not to cause detrimental injury to your family. Any who use unnecessary force will answer to me." Fierce blue eyes look out toward all of them, a warning that we need strong bodies in times of threat.

"Brother Kaj and sister Rishima," I begin, giving them a smile of encouragement. "Thank you for your offer of training and friendship. May the ties of our friendship with the Edge grow stronger during your time here."
    ""

KRI the Resolute</style>
    I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
    Unregistered
    You are my idea of beautiful
    "They gathered in the small space, confined by the invisible ties to their leader. I had never known such a tie before, but it was my first day of having it placed around my neck. It was not such a bad things, as our leaders the great Kri the Resolute and Sumati the Sinbird reined over us at that time. They were great, fearless leaders, and it was an honor to live in their great land. Upon the call, we all rose to it, and heard what the Sultana had to say. A statement was spoken, acknowledging all of us that had come. And then she spoke of my father. He had given her information about the racist unicorns of the North, the well known Aurora Basin. Though not all the information he had had been revealed, some of it had, and she shared that with us now. However, my questions still went by unanswered: where was my father?

I slowly moved from the crowd, a little of a month traveling from a bit back of the group to the front. Many here are unknown to me, and I do my best to avoid their eyes, and though I can barely understand their words and meanings, I know what they speak of is important. Upon moving to the front, I see her standing. She is a great pegasus, and I am almost fearful of her. She stands high above me, and I look up at her, almost shaking. Do I have the right to be up here? But there is some urgency that I have, and I must tell her."

'My sweet Sultana. I am Aiko Darleane, Valentine's daughter. I have a dire question for you. It has been brought to my attention that my father may be missing. He went away several weeks ago, saying he would be back, but he did not. I don't know if someone stole him or where he is, but he is gone. Do you possibly think it is these unicorns you speak of?'

walk walk walk
    "Talk talk talk".

Image Credits