Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

Far below, the dense forest was cloaked in thick, impenetrable darkness. So exposed had Africa felt within its labyrinth of fencing trees, that a hefty sigh of relief escaped the pinch of her soft black nostrils; such a weight removed from her young shoulders, and she sailed still higher through their haven. Regularly, the tentative horse tilted her face sidewards to examine the progress of Ahi; she cared deeply and would not see him suffer unduly. There was a multitude of areas upon which they could alight, if his ill health became overwhelming, and undoubtedly together, they would be quite capable of holding their own defensively should the need arise.

Silken streamers of cloud were finally visible, aglow by the soft milky glow of the moon above them; the tips of Africa’s wings brushed through them with each beat, curling flimsy strips wildly as she passed. It was not enough though. If Ahi cannot see what beauty is sprawled below us, I will show him the stars! A playful smile dithered the corners of Africa’s black lips, as she glanced towards Ahi. Now she could see him, no matter how dimly his coat flushed in the pallid glow. Pressing her wings once more, all the while careful to match the stallion’s own pace, the dapple grey lifted into the sheet of hazy white and her wings shattered the tranquillity, with flurrying wind busts.

By now she imagined they were passing above the invisible boundary marking the ‘Heart’ against the ‘Meadow’, though it didn’t matter if she were wrong. Breathing deeply, the freezing air filled her lungs and she coughed with delight, exploding from her cloudy penitentiary. It was not that though, it was a comfortable lounge where the flighted could frolic; free from the binding chains of gravity. Above them the spattering of glittery stars lit up the night sky, and Africa’s pale warm eyes sparkled fancifully. She held their position above the cloud line for the remainder of the journey, hoping that Ahi found as much peace and satisfaction there as she did.

~

It had been a long day, and Africa had meant to be home much sooner than midnight. But it was around that time that the thin cold air became laden with the hopeful scent of dry dust; of desert. She tipped her wings gently downward and in the same moment swept a thoughtful look over Ahi. The pang of tiredness was seeping through her worn muscles, and she could not imagine how the misted brown stallion was faring by that stage. It would be a well earned rest tonight, though Africa would not do so, until she had ensured her guest' safety and comfort. She descended quickly through the swirling currents above the desert, the warm air rising to clash with the cooler at high altitude.

Dipping and swooping elegantly, the mare sank from the sky, and immediately the air blew warmer; thicker, and the taste of dust across her tongue began to blend with salt. Ocean licked wildly at the feet of cliffs surrounding the Throat’s encompassing desert, on all sides but to the north. Africa’s hooves were ready, waiting at the end of long outstretched legs, and they met the slippery dune noiselessly. The sand beneath had detained the suns warm from the previous day; even at this late (or early as it were), hour. She remained comfortably perched across the dune while Ahi followed her in, landing too, finally within the protection of his new home.

A pleased smile lifted her expression in the darkness. “Welcome home Ahi.” The oasis was not far, the powdery pollens borne to well nourished parent-plants filled her nostrils, though Africa waited patiently for her brother, watching curiously with the hope of finding him still alright.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Ahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
‡ a h i ‡
i'll be your lantern in the night encasing you with light

I had burst through the foliage of the Threshold long ago by now. The temperature quickly dropped as we climbed in elevation, but I was used to it by now. I welcomed it, actually. It was as though me and the sky were connected by mind and soul. That and the fact that my shaggy hair protected me against the force of the wind.

My wings welcomed the wind, however. It was as if every feather welcomed and hugged it warmly. The tips of my wings curled slightly at the end with every flap or glide. Though my eyes couldn't see straight, my wings seemed to have a guiding map. They were strong and much longer than the average wing. I had to rarely flap them to stay afloat. I was gliding for much of the time.

My mane whipped back and my bangs were pushed out of my eyes with every lurch that my wings created. The clouds caressed my body, a light mist leaving it's trace with tiny water droplets. Over time, my coat would become slightly damp to the touch on the surface.

I flapped my wings once more, to catch up with Africa. The moonlight hit my coat once I emerged from a cloud. This sent my features into plain view and every detail could be seen. My bay-like colored body darted through another cloud and my dark brown head ascended from it's lowered spot; I had taken in another fresh breath of air.

My blue eyes flashed as a new scent entered my nostrils. That of sand and toned down heat. Seeing Africa begin to descend, I followed suit. My large and wide hooves hit the sand with a hard thud and I took a few more quick steps to gain my balance. Despite the flight, I still wasn't right.

"Welcome home, Ahi."

My eyes scanned the horizon and I smiled,
"I would say it's beautiful but I can't exactly see straight still. It smells and feels wonderful, however."

I chuckle heartily.

Image Credits
"Talk"

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

Cirrus
& Sitka
The art of healing was not something my little cloud had anticipated being her career. She was young still, this is true, her mind could still change, as her desires wavered, as her body grew and the yearning to be a warrior grew with it. But the final request of her father powered her on, she thought of him always - sometimes with sadness, but more often with a fond determination to please his memory, to work towards what he had wished of her. 'Heal, Cirrus. Know how to defend yourself, but do not seek war. Mend the broken, child. Let the light guide you.' His smile flickered across her mind's eye, and I saw it clearly, and felt the warmth with which the memory danced about her heart. I whined softly, as we walked across the sands, and earned myself a real smile upon her dark lips, a mischievous smirk, a slanted grin, in return. With a playful step I leapt to bump my wet tongue against the softness of her nose, before bounding forward, and initiating the everlasting game of chase we always drew across the red sands of our home.

In the not too far distance, the sound of flapping was heard. It was not an unusual occurrence, for we resided in a realm suited to Pegasus, and housed a great many number of them within our high walls. My cerulean gaze flicked upwards, and I feel my bonded's gaze doing the same, and together, we track the motion of two Pegasi flying over the wall of the Throat, dropping down from the clouds and landing. Curiosity wells within both of our hearts, and before long, we are trotting towards her, myself with a long, swift stride, my beloved with the steady rhythm being pounded into the sands below. The stars shone bright upon her pelt this evening, a glow seemed to permeate the air around her, a fine coating of moondust seems to fall from her wings as they open halfway to make the locomotion smoother. That smile is upon her lips again, as she recognises the young mare ahead as a herd mate, for we both saw her at the recent meeting. Dipping her crown to her, my bonded offers her devious little smirk, and I a wide grin with teeth shining and tongue lolling to the side, before her angelic tones break the silence and address that which is not obvious to all, but quite clear to her eye.

"Greetings, Africa, is it? I recognise you from the meeting. I am Cirrus, one of the healers of the herd, and this is Sitka. Welcome, sir." My nostrils worked the air, drinking the scent of this newcomer - a gelding, I informed my bonded with a sense of confusion. I had never smelt one before, but I was certain that he simply was not whole, there were things missing from him.. I threw a glance to my beloved, who simply smiled at me, and pressed her velveteen lips to my brow, puffing a breath of reassurance that though these things were rare, they did happen. "Is there anything I can do for either of you?" She offered, knowing many a newcomer to arrive at the Throat exhausted, injured, or otherwise out of sorts. While Ahi's affliction was not physically obvious, the hesitance with which he carried himself, the sway of his posture, seemed to suggest that there was something extra going on. My darling cloud was looking forward to fulfilling her father's promise once more, and while she would never wish misfortune upon anyone for the sake of her being able to aid them, she did look forward to practising that which she had so ardently studied for the sake of her fallen sire.
image credits
table by whit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
    Deceased

Look down
    Look up

Here, where the red dunes rolled languid and ever warm, the starlit sky sparkled unhindered, for no cloud could find root as the salt-licked ocean winds collided with temperate desert breeze. The darkness was not suffocating while the moon shed its cool pale glow, so that none might hide easily beneath the dense blanket of night. Africa could see Ahi well enough as they paused to breath and soak deeply the radiating comfort of home. The gelding spoke and his manner seemed increasingly candid and unguarded, or so the young mare thought contentedly.
    “I would say it's beautiful but I can't exactly see straight still. It smells and feels wonderful, however.” He chuckled, and Africa joined in, their soft laughter sifting through the deep silence which embracing their entrance.

The borders of the Throat were fiercely protected; soldiers diligently covered shifts to patrol and watch movement throughout the southern territory, and rarely did the arrival of fresh, alien blood fail to stir curiosity from Africa’s kin. In some respects, the dapple grey mare had counted on her prediction, that she and Ahi’s arrival might be noticed and addressed almost right away. Not through lack of interest, she had failed as yet to attain the knowledge so needed now- that which would have her herd-brother’s illness attended to as quickly as possible.

The heavy thud of wing beats drew Africa’s attention away from Ahi momentarily, as she regarded the arrival of another Pegasus with affection and a welcoming throaty hum. The mare appeared as dull, off black in the shadowy hour, though her vibrant blue eyes glinted enchantingly as the shift of her young face allowed the distant moon’s reflection to pass across them. In height, she stood below Africa; almost level with Ahi. Her wingspan was far larger than the dapple grey’s modest spread; it was closer perhaps, to the stocky gelding’s instead.

"Greetings, Africa, is it? I recognise you from the meeting. I am Cirrus, one of the healers of the herd, and this is Sitka. Welcome, sir." Indeed the humble young horse also recognised Cirrus, though vaguely- attempting in vain to study the folk present for Kri’s addressing, vivid illusions of all she could not understand had clouded her eyes for that time. Regardless, she smiled quietly in reply, both for the convenience and fortune of he healers arrival now, and because Cirrus was one who she hoped to perhaps study beneath in the near future, and learn as much as she could possibly retain, from. Excitement and intrigue for the latter reason surged as adrenaline through Africa’s elegant frame, but she held her composure and turned to Ahi as the question filled the soft breeze between them.

(Another travelled with Cirrus, and the presence of the unusual creature did not escape Africa’s inexperienced attention. She had never seen its kind before now, and she thought too of the smouldering bird-creature that trailed Midas’s path, fascinated and secretly lusting. There was so much she hoped to learn about Helovia, and the mix of yearning confusion caused her heart to flutter giddily.)

"Is there anything I can do for either of you?" A nodded was offered in first response, and eyes mellowed tenderly as they found the ailing form of the bay-brown gelding. “Thank you kindly Cirrus, your happening upon us is a great coincidence.” Africa’s tone was easy and casual, relaxing the formality she usually dressed herself in for trips to, and periods spent around, Helovia’s western rim. “This is Ahi, he has come from the Threshold.” The words were self explanatory, and Africa touched her soft nose compassionately to his shoulder as though to confirm his quality, and suitability. Already she was fond of Ahi, and her promise to care for him now swelled in aura around her dutifully.
    He has taken a fall of some sort... go ahead Ahi.” A patient nudge through the air hoped he might explain to Cirrus, like he had previously, as word of mouth was always more appropriate- especially in this situation.

[ooc: just realised I have been calling Ahi stallion all through our threads haha. Idiot I am, even when I knew he was a gelding. Sorry, force of habit.]

Unregistered
    ‡ a h i ‡

The sound of another pair of beating wings made me take a step back. My wings entered a slightly defensive take but my body was rapidly at ease as my body picked up on no sign of aggression from the newcomer. Especially by the tone from both of them. Instead, a friendly smile plagued my face and my bright sapphires glinted with light provided by the moon.

As the two conversed, I let my lips fall still and halted my voice. This silence from myself was only temporary for the new dark grey mare soon directed her voice towards me. My eyes darted towards the mare in a kind way then I dipped my head in a bow sort of way. Though clumsily, it was an attempt. It would've been better, of course. A lot of things of mine would've been better.

"Thank you, Cirrus. A pleasure to meet you."

I took a deep breath, taking another whiff of the desert smells, but a new scent also invaded my nostrils; the one of the new mare, Cirrus. My mouth fell silent once again as a question was asked and Africa answered quickly. But just like the previous time, my deep, masculine voice erupted into the night, but only after my hide shivered slightly with her touch.

"I'm not sure how I got here, precisely. All I know is, I woke up on the ground, completely sprawled out. I thought I was in a cave I used to know at first, then I kind of blinked and my vision was... or is messed up, balance is messed up, I'm just not right. At all. Came in search of a place to call home and to fight and protect, this lovely lady here came and guided me."

For it was most definitely true. Not a lie was even on my mind. Hallucinations plagued my mind at first, I blinked a few times and my eyes were blurry. I couldn't stand straight, I was just messed up.

However, I knew not of what my eyes sought to do to my brain tonight. But my eyes were me and surely they couldn't deceive me. A being in the shape of a dog was beside this healer. I still had much... much to learn. More than before I ever began to train for battle.

"And you must be the healer Africa was talking about?"

Image Credits
    "Talk"

Whit

Cirrus
    & Sitka
    A wry smile happened upon the muzzle of my beloved, as she hears the words the grey mare speaks, grasps them with her keen ears, and nods to show that she understands. This new steed was indeed freshly travelled from the Threshold, and as the conversation then revealed, he suffered from an ailment of balance and basic co-ordination defect. The cerulean gaze that made up my bonded's eyes grew concerned, the smile softening into slightly more serious lines as she concentrated upon this Ahi, observing him closely with her naked eye, stepping closer to him (I stayed behind) to better know just what needed to be done. She spoke again, her voice smooth, gentle and welcoming, with a dash of token playfulness that demonstrated how well she had healed since the loss of her father.

"Willing soldiers are always welcome here, Ahi. I'll do my best to get you able-bodied once more." As he called her not only a healer, but the healer, she laughed a light, chime-like note. "Aye, I am a healer, but Onni is the true master of the art. Don't worry, she has taught me well." A playful wink clicked one of her eyelids shut and open again with swift co-ordination, as my delightful little cloud then began her work. "Now, Ahi, do your best to focus on my eyes, that's the way. Listen to my voice, and let it be your anchor. Together, we'll get the world to stop spinning around you." The tones had taken on a truly healing quality, melodic and soothing, as she then began humming a low, soft lullaby - anything to keep his focus upon her, whilst also settle his nerves and aid her concentration.

Though night was upon them, I felt the magic of the light seem to be drawn up from the sands beneath us, the same earthy substance that retains the heat of the previous day seemed to glow beneath our feet as its latent light was summoned. I watch as it embraces my beloved, whose starry hide seems to glow somewhat brighter, warmer, reminiscent of the dawn that was only a handful of hours away. I feel it whirl about within her, I watch as it brings her happiness, a sense of fulfilment, a purpose. I admire as she expertly reaches her dark muzzle out to the steed, to make contact with his own, and directs the healing light through his body. His affliction was within his cranium, she knew, and so that was where she concentrated the brilliant light, illuminating all that was wrong and correcting it.

And still, she sung a low song, meditating, chanting quietly, ensuring that her work was done just as the song came to a conclusion. A few seconds of silence passed, before she retracted her muzzle, dimmed the light that danced about them, and allowed that characteristic smirk to return to her lips. "Feeling any better, Ahi?" She asked gently, only now noticing that her wings had inadvertently opened, and spread to almost their full width during the process. They too, glowed with stars; my little cloud was no cloud at all on this clear night, she was a serenade to the midnight banquet laid out above us. I step forward now, leaning my maned shoulder against her foreleg gently once more, reconfirming the bond that existed between us was still there, and would always be there.
    image credits
    table by whit
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

Deceased

Look down
    Look up

“...And you must be the healer Africa was talking about?" Ahi continued after a momentary pause, collaborating with his mind... the quietly listening mare presumed, ...his thoughts must be in shambles. She reached towards her friend adoringly and lipped away some sweat which was drying in cakes across the ripple of his brawny shoulder; preparation for what was to come probably. But even Africa was unsure what that exactly was. Her small neat ears flicked patiently between Ahi and Cirrus, following the chain of light-hearted conversation with informal ease.

She could not help but fall victim to Cirrus’s playful, pleasant nature- a kindred spirit perhaps, though Africa’s gentle heart remained entirely undamaged; her mind as clean and simple as the minutes beginning her trouble-free life. “Willing soldiers are always welcome here, Ahi. I'll do my best to get you able-bodied once more." The other mare told the gelding, and Africa delighted in the mutual acceptance between them. It was just as she had hoped. “Aye, I am a healer, but Onni is the true master of the art. Don't worry, she has taught me well.” A keen smile reflected the blue-eyed horse’s short laugh, though her eyes narrowed discretely as Cirrus spoke of the other- Onni. All of a sudden Africa found herself secretly wishing that Onni might also spare some time to teach her, although given the confidence on display as she gazed between the mare and her wolfish companion, she rather fancied Cirrus as a tutor; a mentor.

She sighed softly- such yearning became so unbelievably overwhelming.

Cirrus then focused her attention squarely on Ahi, and Africa took a spontaneous step backwards. The dark hued mare’s voice shifted remarkably, becoming smooth and hypnotic almost, and a pang of slight envy swept through the grey’s wide concentrating eyes. Oh wow... She marvelled obliviously, almost holding her breath so as not to disturb or detract from the splendour of Cirrus’s work. A light, subtle and steady like the shedding moon was all that the young transfixed mare saw. Excluded from the physician’s magical aura and not in need of such a healing touch, Africa was provided only a minor portrayal of that which she sought to one day to wield. The healer’s wings expanded gradually, their spread enormous, and the grey pondered what unreal power leaked between their touching noses. As she waited and passed curious glimpses by Cirrus’s ‘pet’, glazing dismay seeped through her body.

From her perspective, barely minutes had passed them by before the other mare seemed to ascend back into reality- “Feeling any better, Ahi? Cirrus asked tenderly. Africa immediately looked to Ahi, desperate to find out how he felt now. She did notice though, that despite the apparent completion of the healer’s work, Cirrus’s coat still sparkled as though the stars themselves were trapped beneath her skin. Helovia was amazing, and Africa was in love.

Unregistered
    ‡ a h i ‡

My mind was tuned deeply into Cirrus'. I chuckled occasionally, only when the time was appropriate. All seriousness in my brain, on the contrary, took over when she began giving me orders. Possibly because of my prior enrollment into another military organization. Either way, I did as I was told and did it to the best of my abilities.

My deep blue, almost violet like, eyes bored deep into hers, just like she had told me to. Her eyes were blue as well, but they seemed to be filled with gems of a deeper saturated sapphire filled with color. Quite beautiful, in my opinion. My ears stood pricked up, straight forward, directed right at her.

The next order was one that called for both of my ears. I was to listen to her voice. I made sure my ears fulfilled their duties. The next thing I knew, I was being dragged down. It was much like a trance. A trance in which I could no longer be pulled out of.

Soon I saw light in my peripheral vision, but my eyes never left their target. I never questioned what Cirrus was doing. My trust had been exchanged with her when we arrived. My eyes stayed open during the entire time and my ears stayed open widely to hear her entrancing chant, melodic and graceful.

A moment of silence and I realized it was all over. The trance, the chant, and most importantly, the dizziness. My eyes were right. My vision was clear! I could see everything much clearer. I could stand straight! My wings could shift and move without affecting my balance. My eyes brightened miraculously as I examined and tested my appendages. The miserable time was gone and I was back! Back to my old self!

A smile grew upon my face and I nodded with a smile "It's amazing! My greatest thanks to you, m'lady! Both of you!"

I felt renewed and alive. I had experienced pain worse than this for far much longer but to have someone just take it away... It was a feeling that made even the most serious of people smile.

"If I may ask, how did you do that?" A smile upon my face, I chuckled. I was in a much better mood.

Image Credits

Whit

Cirrus
    & Sitka
    I was hardly a 'pet' to my beloved. I was devoted to her, loyal to her, like a simple pet might be, but I was so much more than that. The bond that bound us was made of the stuff that souls were built from, wondrous and mystical and nigh impossible to break. It was my belief that only death could part us, but I did not dwell often on death - it was more beneficial to focus upon the present, on what life had in store for us, instead of the unknown entity that was death. My little cloud focussed upon death more than I, which was understandable, considering her profession, and her recent brush with death's cruel, cold wing. The lesson she had been forced to learn all too early was that death happened, and would happen to all of us eventually. Her duty as a healer, she now realised, was to prolong its absence, to extend the beautiful life that existed in mostly everyone she has met.

She would not let death take another of her friends or loved ones prematurely, like it had her father.

I frowned slightly as the thought tumbled through her mind, pressing concern against her own, worried that she was taking on too much responsibility, stacking the weight of the world upon her sturdy shoulders without even realising it. My darling cloud was standing before her herdmates with a small smile upon her lips, her pelt reflecting the starshine with a soft, ethereal glow, waiting for the reaction of the gelding before her. While she was not as skilled as Onni, she was skilled enough, it would seem, to restore the balance and equilibrium within him. As happiness leaked onto Ahi's façade, she could not help but grin a little bit wider, pleased to know her efforts had been successful, glad to see him test his body out and have it pass the test. A soft laughter sprung from her throat at his exclamations, and she resettled her own wings back against her hide, shaking her neck so that her mane flipped sides.

"You are quite welcome, Ahi. I am glad to help." She reassured him with her soft tones, the climax of her magic finally wearing off her, leaving her feeling strangely open, and empty. I resolved this swiftly however, tugging upon our bond with a playful, affectionate mood, grumbling my affections vocally in a light growl. It worked, soon enough so that the smile did not have time to fade from my beloved's lips as she settled back into her body, without the magic of the Throat filling the void within her. The gelding asked another question, and a thoughtful expression stole the light glee that was originally upon the lips of my little cloud. How did she do it? How could she answer such a question without telling everything that led to her getting here now?

"My father was a warrior, and he did not want me to fight, but rather, to heal. He asked Onni to be my mentor, and so I studied under her. The magic to heal is lent to me by the very sands we stand upon, blessed by the Sun God to heal those who reside here. I've not learned all there is to know, but Onni is a good, wise teacher, forever persistent in giving me my lessons." She didn't know how else to explain, how else to show that she still felt like she was not meant to be a healer, but a warrior. I felt the tension, the nerves tighten within her as she mentioned her father, albeit subtly, but she worked through it and ended her speech with another flick of her eyelid, a playful wink.

"Do take care still, Ahi. Though I am fairly certain the magic illuminated all there was for me to see, I may still have missed something small. Make sure you rest for a few days at least, before trying anything adventurous." She added, in a sudden moment of lost confidence in her own ability. It was never a guarantee that the magic would work, or if it did work, it often healed only up to a certain point. Ahi's ailment had been a mere matter of restoring the equilibrium of his inner ear, of ensuring no bruising had caused his brain to swell beyond repair - it was simple enough to fix, if one knew how. Cirrus knew the theory, and the practise, but she was still but a young girl. I whined softly to her, thumping my tail into the sand, trying to dispel the nerves that had stolen my confident, playful little cloud and replaced her with this shy, unsure little girl.

She would come back to me. She always did.
    image credits
    table by whit

• I enjoy being tagged.

Deceased

Look down
    Look up

Africa’s first noteworthy impression of Helovian civilization was that of Midas. The painted stallion had come to her as she wandered incoherently about the Threshold, and he had been awash with both splendour and mystery. He had charmed her simpleton mind, renewing the childhood fantasies that she has come to find for herself, and filled her with hope and wild aspirations. Perhaps the most lasting imprint in her memory from that day was the smouldering bird which had perched quite at home, atop the point of Midas’s withers.

In the neighbouring culture of Nyorm where Africa had been born and raised, Pegasus’ were the supreme society; and while the notion was quite arrogant, each and every other creature fell far to the wayside of their vain existence. The idea of socialising with any but your kin was deemed ludicrous, and thus upon first encounter, the young horse had fallen short of understanding such a bond between companion and horse. Similarly, as the night grew old on this occasion, Africa was both a perplexing blend of all that had been previously ingrained into her, and addictive, curious desire.

Regardless, there was a healthy respect for that which she couldn’t hope to understand, and naught but humility found access to her optimistic expression.

The ocean breeze ruffled the latticework of sleek grey feathers across Africa’s wings, as it burst from the southern exterior of the Throat. Its gentle breath playfully tousled the thick drape of light grey mane across her lifted neck and she shivered, sucking deeply through flaring nostrils the cold, salt-infused offering. It had been evening; as the light was struggling against the onslaught of darkness, when Africa had met Ahi. So many hours had passed them by already, and the dapple grey Pegasus could feel the leeching burden of fatigue as new stiffness through her lean, long legs.

“It's amazing! My greatest thanks to you, m'lady! Both of you!” Ahi exclaimed, and Africa’s eyes beamed with relief. "You are quite welcome, Ahi. I am glad to help." Cirrus’s softened voice assured, and a subtle incomprehensible growl rumbled from the creature where it remained still by her knees.
    Although comfort had found Africa as she basked in the liberating sideline, the young horse was flooded with gratitude and tilted her face admiringly towards Cirrus to thank her quickly, without delay. “Thank you so much.” She knew that Ahi longed to commit to his preferred service in the army of the Throat, and Cirrus’s healing meant that there would be no reason, nor barrier preventing them from finding Midas come daybreak, (or Aryel or Levi, given that Africa was still hesitant to bother the important stallion when she presumed him obviously busy).

Then Ahi spoke again, and the innocence of his question reflected Africa’s curiosity well. "If I may ask, how did you do that?" Cirrus began to explain, and the grey listened with intent focus through forward tipped ears. There was a part though which truly snagged her building interest though, ... The magic to heal is lent to me by the very sands we stand upon, blessed by the Sun God to heal those who reside here... The blue eyed horse elucidated calmly. Africa knew nothing of Gods before this very moment, and her eyes sparkled in wonder. All at once the deeply rooted seed of naive desperation began to grow within her, and she only barely managed to withhold her enthusiasm. A masking cough slipped though her easy smile- she could not wipe it from her lips. In the next few days Africa decided that she would seek Cirrus out again, and hopefully divulge her plans and desires upon ears that might understand.

“...Make sure you rest for a few days at least, before trying anything adventurous. " Cirrus warned, and Africa chuckled lightly as she turned to Ahi. “Perhaps we will hold off your enrolment into the army a little longer, Brother.” She soothed, trying to persuade him that there was no reason to rush his recovery. “Perhaps you should sleep now during these late hours of night?” Africa’s tone was caring and gentle and although she might also have favoured such thinking for herself, she would stay by him for the time being and follow his lead regardless.

Unregistered
    ‡ a h i ‡

I listened to Cirrus, head tilted upwards the slightest bit. She told of just how she began to work towards her profession; sire's wishes. I took a note that it seemed as though that specific reason often came up when asked about professions and duties; parents and mentors. Before here, it was the same for man of my comrades. It was nothing of the like for me, for I had become a warrior due to a story that plagued my mind, day and night, as a foal.

I nod with a smile "Most interesting. Luckily, he did and luckily you were not busy." I chuckle again.

New words, from Cirrus' mouth caused me to look down, then to Africa, and back at Cirrus. My smile had faded but I knew it was for the best. No sparring... no adventures... I sighed with a faux smile, then looked at Africa as she spoke as well. "If its to keep this magician's work from being undone, I reckon so." Sure it put a damper on my plans, but with Cirrus' warning and Africa's reassurance, it could hold off. I smiled with a soft chuckle once more, at least being able to see straight this time.

At the words of sleep, I nodded to Africa "I do believe you are correct, Africa." I look into Cirrus' irises once more, possibly seeking anymore magic to fly out and erupt, and with a friendly, grateful smile I say "It was a pleasure to meet thee, Cirrus. I am most grateful to ye for curing me of a burden. However, its a shame we had to meet under these circumstances."

I then, in my warm baritone voice, look to the dog-like creature beside her "That being said, I look forward to seeing you both around." I turn my gaze back to the grey mare, the moonlight sifting off her coat. "Might I ask, where do we rest?"

Image Credits
    "Talk"

Deceased

Look down
    Look up

"If it’s to keep this magician's work from being undone, I reckon so." The gelding replied to the united warning from the two mares. Africa quickly imagined a note of disappointment lacing the undernote of Ahi’s submission to rest, but thought twice before letting reassurance slip through her plastered film of contentment- it could just have easily been the creative workings of her own mind because he soon enough chuckled beneath a genuine smile. With a child’s mentality of work and responsibility far beyond the truth of reality, Africa presumed Cirrus would have more work to attend to now, conjuring spirits or the like with that fantastic magic the naive dapple grey could still not begin to understand. Undoubtedly one with such considerable dependability could spare little time to sleep, and while such a task seemed to the Africa to be a daunting one, she personally could not wait to rise to the challenge. There would be much for her to learn when the time came.

"I do believe you are correct, Africa." Ahi continued, and she blinked away the sleepy fuzz of thoughts as they glazed her eyes. A somewhat relieved smile slithered across her patient, tender expression and the gelding bid their magical company a closing, almost apologetic thank you. His eyes dropped to the canine where it leaned devotedly against Cirrus’s leg and Africa’s pale, curious eyes followed routinely. "That being said, I look forward to seeing you both around."... “Soon hopefully!” Africa’s chiming childlike voice followed quickly, with a softer coy giggle. “Good night friends.

Ahi turned his attention to Africa. It had been a long day- even well before her evening into which the gelding had safely secured himself, and waves of heavy fatigue crashed against the stability of her mind. A slight toss of her face; sharing a sweet smile with Cirrus should she have still been there, lifted the weight from her weary muscles a little- superficially at least so that rushing blood freshened her attention. The mild night air soaked quickly and refreshingly against her skin where the thick droop of mane had for so long leaned, and her forelock flopped languidly to the left side of her feminine face.

"Might I ask, where do we rest?" The gelding asked and Africa’s muzzle extended casually towards him so that it might mask the swell of a yawn through her tightly-clenched jaws. Her soft breath sought to mingle with his playfully, in that quiet second. “Come Ahi, I know just the place.” Africa shifted her weight gently, circling so that she could lead him slightly deeper through the oasis. When they woke next, she hoped Ahi might have swift access to the fresh cool lake should there be any untoward side affects after his healing.

[Ooc: Whit, I hope you don't mind I skipped ;) I hope your enjoying some you time!]